Clay Bucholz throws a no-hitter

AndrewPF

Red Sox rookie pitcher Clay Buchholz has just no-hit the Baltimore Orioles at Fenway. Buchholz is the first rookie in Red Sox history to throw a no-hitter. THIS IS AMAZING! WOAH!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

It sucks being an Oriole fan, that is all I can say.

It has sucked for about 15 years now....but has REALLLLLLY sucked since Cal's departure...

O's fan...face it...until that ambulance chaser of an owner you have is gone...you're team will be nothing more than than of last weeks entertainment section of The Sun in the bottom of a parakeets cage

Nice job by Buchholz, he certainly deserves his no-hitter. How about that play by Dustin Pedroia, though? I was flipping back and fourth from the Indians game and I saw that play. What amazed me even more about that play is how fast he threw the ball to first place. Buchholz was wicked today. That changeup is straight up nasty. Nice job, Clay.

Simply the greatest pitching performance ever. At least that's how it will play in Boston and on ESPN. Seriously though, throwing a no-hitter in your second major league start is pretty amazing. Congrats to the kid.

You do realize there's such a thing as a perfect game, correct?

Plus, there was a better no-no this season by Verlander. He no-hit a first place team, not the Bore-ioles.

Buchholz is the only the second pitcher to throw one in his second career start. Wilson Alvarez is the other, in case you're wondering.

And that yacker the kid tossed to polish off Markakis was just filthy. There was no way Markakis was going to swing at that. Fantastic job by the kid.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I congratulate the kid for performing a feat that is incredibly hard no matter the opponent (no hitting a MLB team). I congratulate the Red Sox on apparently developing another starter. A sick pitching staff gets sicker.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'd just like to know why the Cardinals can never develop a rookie who can do this.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I congratulate the kid for performing a feat that is incredibly hard no matter the opponent (no hitting a MLB team). I congratulate the Red Sox on apparently developing another starter. A sick pitching staff gets sicker.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'd just like to know why the Cardinals can never develop a rookie who can do this.

It's not like they haven't tried before.... it's just that it took him sometime for him to develop into an outfielder instead.... ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Simply the greatest pitching performance ever. At least that's how it will play in Boston and on ESPN. Seriously though, throwing a no-hitter in your second major league start is pretty amazing. Congrats to the kid.

Plus, there was a better no-no this season by Verlander. He no-hit a first place team, not the Bore-ioles.

No way. Really? Gosh, in all my years of playing and following baseball you would think I would have heard of this perfect game thing at some point. Thank goodness for google.

You do realize there is such a thing as sarcasm, correct?

BB52Big.jpg

No way. Really? Gosh, in all my years of playing and following baseball you would think I would have heard of this perfect game thing at some point. Thank goodness for google.

Well, it's pretty tought o pick up sarcasm on a messageboard. You sounded serious. My apologies.

Regardless, great performance by the rookie, regardless of who he was playing against. I'm still pulling for New York to win that division, but hey, I can respect a great game.

Well, it's pretty tought o pick up sarcasm on a messageboard. You sounded serious. My apologies.

Regardless, great performance by the rookie, regardless of who he was playing against. I'm still pulling for New York to win that division, but hey, I can respect a great game.

Take note of the words in bold from my original post. I'd say message board or not it was pretty much a dead giveaway. Read closer next time. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Archived