2007 NFL Field Art

Burning River

I have not seen every team. So far it seems that some teams have made some changes:

Buffalo: Same as last year. Logo at mid field. "BILLS" word mark in each end zone

Cleveland: 3D helmet logo at midfield (replaces last years 60 logo). They are using the same "cursive" generic lettering though. "Cleveland" in one endzone "Browns" in the other.

Green Bay: "G" logo at midfield. I only saw the left end zone (from tv). It had the Lambeau Anniversary logo along with hash marks... no lettering

JETS: NFL logo at mid field. Each end zone said "Jets" with green paint, outlined in white.

Washington: Looks the same. Logo at mid field, "REDSKINS" in each endzone sandwiched between 3D helmet logos

Jacksonville: helmet logo at mid field, "Jaguars" word mark shield in each end zone

Vikings: profile viking at mid field, I saw one endzone that read "Vikings" in white in the Nordic style font.

Chargers: white helmet at mid field, blue endzones with "SAN DIEGO" in one "CHARGERS" in the other

Colts: Looked the same. Helmet at mid field. Blue endzones with "INDIANAPOLIS" is one, "COLTS" in the other

Houston: Logo at midfield. "TEXANS" in each end zone trimmed in blue. I think when they wear their red uniforms, they switch the out line to red.

Oakland: As one of the few remaining shared stadiums, they had no art work, just the A's dirt infield!

Dallas: Looks the same. Similar to Redskins. Logo at md field. "COWBOYS" in each end zone sandwiched between 3D helmet logos.

Seattle: (As mentioned below) Logo at mid field. Dark blue end zones with "SEAHAWKS" in each. Man, how nice would a green out-line look?

St. Louis: Looked the same (Not positive) Logo at mid field. "RAMS" word mark in end zone.

Green Bay: "G" logo at midfield. I only saw the left end zone (from tv). It had the Lambeau Anniversary logo along with hash marks... no lettering

Awesome choice for the Pack, fits the franchise to a T, should be permanent.

Also, no changes for the Seahawks, other than the faded yellow soccer line for the Sounders...LOL.

Also, no changes for the Seahawks, other than the faded yellow soccer line for the Sounders...LOL.

The weird thing about the packers is that during preseason the endzone said "Packers".

The weird thing about the packers is that during preseason the endzone said "Packers".

Actually one said "PACKERS" in a blank (un-colored) stencil, the other said "GREEN BAY".

Yeah, the Packers have done that for the preseason the past few years - they don't fill in the white border around the field, either, during the preseason.

Still charge full price, tho.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

the Cougars played there yesterday, and u can kinda see where the two cougar logos are.

which gets me wondering

how do they remove logos on grass/turf in a matter of a an evening?

i understand basketball/hockey but...??

the Cougars played there yesterday, and u can kinda see where the two cougar logos are.

which gets me wondering

I would assume it's washed off.

LvZYtbZ.png

The Vikings seemed pretty elaborate for this early in the season using the Viking head at mid field while baseball season is still underway. I believe in the past they would just go with a more simple purple "V" until the Twins were done.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I always thought it was kind of neat when teams didn't go "all out" in Pre Season. It's like they want the Home Opener is full of more color. But, it's more likely due to various events going on in the summer. From what I remember, Tennessee and Houston had their fields completely ready in the Pre season. By the way.... I agree. Minnesota looked GOOD. They stopped using "Minnesota Vikings" and went with just "Vikings.

Aa far as removing the artwork. It seems that removing it from a football field would be easier than ice. Paintwork is buried under a layer of ice. The paint on the field turf can be washed off. In Minnesota they use a scrubbing machine that is similar to how a Zamboni works.

I always thought it was kind of neat when teams didn't go "all out" in Pre Season. It's like they want the Home Opener is full of more color. But, it's more likely due to various events going on in the summer. From what I remember, Tennessee and Houston had their fields completely ready in the Pre season. By the way.... I agree. Minnesota looked GOOD. They stopped using "Minnesota Vikings" and went with just "Vikings.

Aa far as removing the artwork. It seems that removing it from a football field would be easier than ice. Paintwork is buried under a layer of ice. The paint on the field turf can be washed off. In Minnesota they use a scrubbing machine that is similar to how a Zamboni works.

I liked the Vikings end zone without "Minnesota." But I prefer the "V" at midfield.

Both end zones at Lambeau were the same - Lambeau Anniversary logo at left, with diagonal stripes.

Actually, they should have had the end zones painted as they were for the 1957 opener:

city91200.jpg

I agree - I'd love the diamonds.

Still, the diagonal marks looked great. Replace the LF anniversary logo with the Packers' G (or better yet, the old "GB"), and that should be the permanent end zone scheme.

which gets me wondering

I would assume it's washed off.

From the Sunday Seattle Times:

Minutes after the game, Qwest Field workers with hoses and cleaning fluids started erasing two large WSU emblems that had been painted on the field. Another chore was erasing the wider college hash lines. The Seahawks open their regular season today against Tampa Bay.

Archived