Ultimate NCAA Baseball Project

vicfurth

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work on these. USF is best, then probably UNC. I love the UMKC home, as the pinstripes and colors work perfectly, though the rest of the set is a little off (especially the NOB on the alt)...and aside from the lettering and drop shadow sort of blending (specifically makes the bottom part of the 2 a little hard to read, to me), I love those Texas unis.

So many different ones to choose from...but I've got to go Tulane (pelicans on bat?) or Florida.

Also have to make a couple suggestions...Middle Tennessee would be a good addition, a perennial contender in the Sun Belt and a power in the old OVC. MTSU even has its own baseball-only logo that has stood up to the tests of time for about 40 years now. Our look has remained constant too...we're Dodgers impersonators, though we look damned good doing it.

Also, Vanderbilt has a pretty whimsical look (the scripts, the Block V, and the Star-V, for example) and solid colors that would be fun to play with. And lastly, even though I generally loathe their very existence, the storied Tennessee-Knoxville Vols need to call in for an extreme makeover. Old-fashioned interlocking UT logo (though looking at pics, it looks better there than the Power T)? Odd Vols wordmark and awkward, mismatched, multi-outlined block "Tennessee" mark? And insane adidas-ication and tons of Black? You'd better believe it, Volunteer fans!

Ugh. Please, even as a Vol-hater, either fix that team...or take a Smokey out back and put him out of his misery. The only things I like about their look are the Oriole-logo sleeve patch (Vols on a diamond; actually looks cool) and maybe the script mark. Photo galleries here.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Time for the 5th set:

ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE

alabamacrimsontide.gif

First off, a disclaimer. The quality is slightly off because this is one of the first sets I made before I got the hang of it.

I've always loved 'Bama's Atlanta Brave-esque A logo, so I wanted that to be the focal point of this design. To do that I included it as the hat logo and the basis for the script logo I created, which is on all three jerseys. On the nape is the Southeastern Conference logo, which is something I experimented with for the first few sets I made (which is why you see it on some and not all). Let me know if you'd like that idea continued.

Remaining teams:

Akron Zips

Alabama Crimson Tide

Arizona Wildcats

Baylor Bears

Boise St. Broncos

Cal-Los Angeles ("UCLA") Bruins

Colorado Buffaloes

Dartmouth Big Green

DePaul Blue Demons

Duke Blue Devils

Elon Phoenix

Florida Gators

Fordham Rams

Iowa St. Cyclones

Missouri-Kansas City Kangaroos

Nebraska Cornhuskers

North Carolina Tar Heels

North Texas Mean Green

Ohio St. Buckeyes

Richmond Spiders

Samford Bulldogs

South Florida Bulls

Texas Longhorns

Texas Christian Horned Frogs

Tulane Green Wave

Utah St. Aggies

Wyoming Cowboys

Voting ends again Monday after I get home from school. Here's how the voting looks right now...

ULTIMATE NCAA PROJECT POLLS:

1t) Akron - 2

1t) DePaul - 2

1t) Iowa State - 2

1t) Ohio State - 2

1t) Tulane - 2

6t) Florida - 1

6t) Fordham - 1

6t) Nebraska - 1

6t) North Texas - 1

6t) Utah St. - 1

6t) Wyoming - 1

As you can see, there is a 5-way tie for the lead, so if you want your team unveiled...

KEEP VOTING!!!

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Repeating my votes for Tulane (can't let those Buckeyes have all the fun) and UF, to show a little more love.

Honestly, I love the conference nap logo. When looking at those UTK jerseys, they were made even worse because they were so busy, and cramming the big SEC logo on the front is a big part of that. Putting it on the nap is perfect...out of the way, reduces clutter, and still puts it there in a visible way. Great touch.

Not a lot to say about the Bama look...solid and simple. Idk if the elephant-A should be used like that if you're using the script-A on the cap (and I know at least one Bama fan who hates using the elephant), but I love the simplicity and the focus on the script A and wordmark. Still, very solid.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

I really like the 'Bama set. The A logo is great for a cap, and that script makes for a classic baseball uni. If we can vote for the same school twice, I'll put another one in for DePaul.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Time for the 6th set (chosen because OSU was voted for 2nd):

DEPAUL BLUE DEMONS

depaulbluedemons.png

With DePaul, I wanted an edgy, unique design. I believe I achieved that most definitely. I altered the jersey cut a bit to make the striping patteren possible along the seaming. I also put all three of their colors in (black, red, Petty blue (which is pretty close to Richard Petty's car color)).

However, my favorite part is probably the alternate/throwback.

Remaining teams:

Akron Zips

Alabama Crimson Tide

Arizona Wildcats

Baylor Bears

Boise St. Broncos

Colorado Buffaloes

Dartmouth Big Green

DePaul Blue Demons

Duke Blue Devils

Elon Phoenix

Florida Gators

Fordham Rams

Iowa St. Cyclones

Nebraska Cornhuskers

North Carolina Tar Heels

North Texas Mean Green

Ohio St. Buckeyes

Richmond Spiders

Samford Bulldogs

South Florida Bulls

Texas Longhorns

Tulane Green Wave

Utah St. Aggies

Wyoming Cowboys

Voting ends again Thursday. Here's how the voting looks right now...

1) Ohio State - 4

2t) Akron - 3

2t) Tulane - 3

4t) Florida - 2

4t) Iowa State - 2

4t) Wyoming - 2

7t) Boise State - 1

7t) Nebraska - 1

7t) North Texas - 1

7t) Utah St. - 1

7t) Fordham - 1

Ohio St. is in the lead... barely. Remember, I plan to eventually get to all the teams.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Love the DePaul set...only changes I'd make is to the NOBs. Simplify them on the home and road (can barely read them), and add them to the 3rd (cuz I feel no uni should ever be without them). Otherwise, perfection...dunno which I like best, since the throwback is classic, but the other two capture the feel of the university and its image perfectly.

I won't revote so I'll just wait.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Time for the 7th set, the much recently awaited:

OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!!!

ohiostbuckeyes.gif

This is a simple, classic, and quite frankly my favorite set. Favorite part is the logo on the hat (with the actual buckeye).

Remaining teams:

Akron Zips

Alabama Crimson Tide

Arizona Wildcats

Baylor Bears

Boise St. Broncos

Colorado Buffaloes

Dartmouth Big Green

DePaul Blue Demons

Duke Blue Devils

Elon Phoenix

Florida Gators

Fordham Rams

Iowa St. Cyclones

Nebraska Cornhuskers

North Carolina Tar Heels

North Texas Mean Green

Ohio St. Buckeyes

Oklahoma Sooners

Pittsburgh Panthers

Richmond Spiders

Samford Bulldogs

South Florida Bulls

Texas Longhorns

Tulane Green Wave

Utah St. Aggies

Wyoming Cowboys

Voting ends again Monday. Here's how the voting looks right now...

1) Akron - 4

2t) Iowa State - 3

2t) Tulane - 3

4t) Florida - 2

5t) Boise State - 1

5t) Nebraska - 1

5t) North Texas - 1

5t) Utah St. - 1

5t) Wyoming - 1

5t) Fordham - 1

Akron has "zipped" to the top *rimshot*. Keep voting, I got some more almost finished over here. Keep in mind, the more obscure schools offered the biggest design possibilities.

Archived