Ultimate NCAA Baseball Project

vicfurth

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utah State may be the nicest one of the bunch. Not only is it good looking and well executed, but it's exactly what they should be wearing. Well done, VF...

And I am standing by my Wyoming vote.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The letter-number trim on the USU alt really bumps the whole set down for me; fix that and we've got a great set. I loved the Akron, but not the OSU one...the font didn't seem to work with baseball. The hat was a cool idea, but might not render will IRL at a distance...but it might be worth the risk for the sake of the design (setting aside my OSU hatred for a moment).

New votes? Tulane (suspense, man...) and Vandy-ville.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Well, well, well. It seems we have a three-way tie for the next unveiling between Iowa State, Wyoming, and Tulane. Wait a second, it seems some votes came after the Friday deadline, so...

Time for the 10th set:

IOWA STATE CYCLONES!!!

iowastatecyclones.gif

This is by far the most innovative design so far. I wanted a progressive design to go with the style of the logos. I think the key to "futuristic" designs is to add elements that nobody's thought of, but keep within the parameters of the traditional baseball uni (script on front, sleeve logo, etc.).

No teams added this time, but I may try some new sets based on requests.

Remaining teams:

Akron Zips

Alabama Crimson Tide

Arizona Wildcats

Baylor Bears

Boise St. Broncos

Cal-Los Angeles ("UCLA") Bruins

Colorado Buffaloes

Dartmouth Big Green

DePaul Blue Demons

Duke Blue Devils

Elon Phoenix

Florida Gators

Fordham Rams

Iowa St. Cyclones

Missouri-Kansas City Kangaroos

Nebraska Cornhuskers

North Carolina Tar Heels

North Texas Mean Green

Ohio St. Buckeyes

Oklahoma Sooners

Pittsburgh Panthers

Richmond Spiders

Samford Bulldogs

South Florida Bulls

Texas Longhorns

Texas Christian Horned Frogs

Tulane Green Wave

Utah St. Aggies

Vanderbilt Commodores

Wyoming Cowboys

Xavier Musketeers

Voting ends again Monday. Here's how the voting looks right now...

ULTIMATE NCAA PROJECT POLLS:

1t) Tulane - 4

1t) Wyoming - 4

3t) Florida - 2

3t) Fordham - 2

3t) North Texas - 2

3t) Vanderbilt - 2

7t) Boise State - 1

7t) Duke - 1

7t) Nebraska - 1

Keep voting!

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I do not like the use of the T-Wolves font, I think the hat logo is way to detailed, I hate that pant stripe and would that red alternate jersey be the Rockies' style with an undershirt underneath? If so...yuck.

Always so encouraging.

Patsox, this October, you have officially made me a Cleveland Indians' fan. <_<

1161724461_2019.jpg

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I do not like the use of the T-Wolves font, I think the hat logo is way to detailed, I hate that pant stripe and would that red alternate jersey be the Rockies' style with an undershirt underneath? If so...yuck.

Always so encouraging.

Patsox, this October, you have officially made me a Cleveland Indians' fan. <_<

1161724461_2019.jpg

Oh my God... I think I am going to defend patsox. :blink:

Vic - All your concepts have been really good and well thought out. But if I had to nitpick one, it would be the ISU one for the reasons patsox mentions.

-You have done a great job trying to match number styles whith the wordmarks you have been using. While the T-Wolves font has the sharp angles similar to the ISU wordmark, It gets too round along the top of the 2 and too narrow at the bottom of both bumbers. You need a more square number set with rounded corners (think something similar to the Tennessee Titans) and the make sharp serifs at the end. The T-Wolves font looks like a cheap attempt by the school to imitate those letters in their wordmark...

-Not your fault, but that hat would be very detailed. I would see if there was another logo in their arsenal that was a little less complex. (Maybe the plain ISU or just the bird head or just the bird tornado with no script)

-You have the right idea with the piping on the pants, but is too thick right now. if you shrink the width by 50% or so, you would have that down.

-I personally like the red alternate, but I also think that the Rockies look like idiots when they go black vest (w/ white trim)/ black sleeves. So I can understand how Patsox would think that it is "yuck".

But on the postive side, I love the over-the-sleeve striping and the wordmark you used. Plus you managed to evenly use red and yellow, something that ISU hasn't figured out yet.

Everytime someone takes the time to critique your work (whether they type a nice, long, constructive critique or give you two sarcastic sentences), it is for the best that you try to see where they are coming from, even when you disagree with it. Trust me, I have had my share of dealing with comments and critiques with my Rebranding the NHL series that I thought were completely wrong and offbased. But I still looked at it from their perspective and perhaps found some truth in it. The perfect example is the Florida Panthers concept. Everyone mentioned that my logo looked like a cougar cub, not a panther, because of the eyes. I didn't agree with them at first, but then I saw that they were more on target than I was was.

I guess the point of this whole thing is even if you don't respect someone, you need to examine what they said. And sure, there are many reasons you may not respect patsox, but he may be right sometimes ....

... and now I'm going to go sit in the corner all by myself.

You are right about dealing with adverse comments towards concepts.

At the same time, my comments towards Patsox were not for what he said, but how he said it. I realize the ISU concept was very risky, especially considering that's it's a baseball jersey. At the same time, critiques should be made in the manner to which you just presented yours, not a bunch of comments like "Oh, that sucks" or "I hate that idea".

Yours is the perfect example. Bear in mind that, boiled down, you both said the same thing about my concept (you even agreed with him on certain points), but I'm taking the time to actually think about yours while the other is just another instance of him blowing off steam (which, I very much apologize if I am wrong; Inflection and non-verbal communication are non-existent over the Internet).

I should explain a piece of this particular concept. The red alternate jersey is, in fact, not a sleeveless, though it looks that way. My design is a regular red jersey with the same yellow tapers.

In closing, I urge you not to see me as any other guy who can't take criticism or flies off the handle whenver someone doesn't love my work. All I ask is the respect and utter decency from him that you just showed me. After all, is that not what anyone truly wants?

True, and it's a shame that its too much to ask of people.

But since some people will never be upstanding members of an online message board, we all have to deal with them in a way that is "above" their juvenile ways. Even if they want to act like middle schoolers, you should still consider what they say no matter how they say it.

True, and it's a shame that its too much to ask of people.

But since some people will never be upstanding members of an online message board, we all have to deal with them in a way that is "above" their juvenile ways. Even if they want to act like middle schoolers, you should still consider what they say no matter how they say it.

Very true and point taken. Touché and thank you.

Archived