Wild finish in the National League this weekend

HedleyLamarr

oh heres something to insult my intelligence I got this email from the Mets

Dear Mets Fan:

All of us at the Mets are bitterly disappointed in failing to achieve our collective goal of building upon last year's success. We did not meet our organization's expectations -- or yours. Everyone at Shea feels the same range of emotions as you -- our loyal fans -- and we know we have let you down. We wanted to thank you for your record-breaking support of our team this year.

Equally important, Ownership will continue its commitment in providing the resources necessary to field a championship team. Omar will be meeting with Ownership shortly to present his plan on addressing our shortcomings so that we can achieve our goal of winning championships in 2008 and beyond.

You deserve better results.

Many thanks again for your record-breaking support.

Mets

Translation we choked buy more tickets next year.

This is not the time to send emails like this.

You hit that right on the head. Still it's a nice touch. Probably bad timing, I would have waited a week or so, but still a nice touch. Hey at least they admitted they choked.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I saw him I would have been running out the other door or getting my cross and rewarding of the Vampire, it was bad enough seeing Yankee fans.

This is what pisses me off the Mets are the best team in the NL on paper, and they wont be in the playoffs but the Phillies, the Cubs, the Diamondbacks will be, and so might the Rockies. None of these teams are better then the Mets but because of the choke they are in and the Mets are not.

The Phillies swept the Mets not once, not twice, but thrice this season - including two times before the collapse.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

including two times before the collapse.

B.C.?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Dear Mets Fan:

All of us at the Mets are bitterly disappointed in failing to achieve our collective goal of building upon last year's success. We did not meet our organization's expectations -- or yours. Everyone at Shea feels the same range of emotions as you -- our loyal fans -- and we know we have let you down. We wanted to thank you for your record-breaking support of our team this year.

Equally important, Ownership will continue its commitment in providing the resources necessary to field a championship team. Omar will be meeting with Ownership shortly to present his plan on addressing our shortcomings so that we can achieve our goal of winning championships in 2008 and beyond.

Mets

Makes me wonder what Raiders season ticket holders got last year....

(What...you expected a shot at the Rams?)

EDIT-Rockies up 2-0, bottom of the 1st

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Dear Mets Fan:

Mets

Makes me wonder what Raiders season ticket holders got last year....

(What...you expected a shot at the Rams?)

EDIT-Rockies up 2-0, bottom of the 1st

Your email concerning this year's Rams team should be on its way, I got one this week for having Marc Bulger as my fantasy QB.

3-0 Colorado. Solo shot just now.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

If I saw him I would have been running out the other door or getting my cross and rewarding of the Vampire, it was bad enough seeing Yankee fans.

This is what pisses me off the Mets are the best team in the NL on paper, and they wont be in the playoffs but the Phillies, the Cubs, the Diamondbacks will be, and so might the Rockies. None of these teams are better then the Mets but because of the choke they are in and the Mets are not.

The Phillies swept the Mets not once, not twice, but thrice this season - including two times before the collapse.

The Mets had a June Swoon too where they lost 13 of 16 and that was the first sweep to the Phillies.

Can you honestly look at both rosters and tell me the Phillies are better, truth be told the Phillies did a great job they have 3 great players, but its 3 great players only the rest are mediocre.

If not for the Mets collapse it should be pointed out that Phillies would be playing a 3-way tie for the WC.

But the lead the Mets had choking was them and them alone and they should be ashamed.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

how sad ... first she was replaced, then she goes on a rant, then she get thrown out of the team and now she got shot? :oops:

postofday.png

Can you honestly look at both rosters and tell me the Phillies are better, truth be told the Phillies did a great job they have 3 great players, but its 3 great players only the rest are mediocre.

So that means one of these four players is mediocre?

Jimmy Rollins

Chase Utley

Ryan Howard

Cole Hamels

Give me mediocrity!

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Archived