Pittsburgh Steelers Concept

themightyspitz

Before the flaming starts, I was talking with my friend about how ridiculous the Oregon uniforms are since diamond plating has nothing to do with Ducks. He then said that the only team that might be able to pull it off would be the Steelers. So I threw this together quickly. Basically I put a small diamond plate pattern across the shoulders and over the leg pads.

steelersco1.png

Now if you'll excuse me....

*runs away*

galaxy.png

Not really as bad as it sounds before getting a look at this. Especially with the diamondplate pattern on the walls at Heinz Field. It actually works fairly well here. Good work!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

HE CHANGED IT!!! BURN HIM!!! BURNN HIMMM!!!!!!!!

Seriously, though... It definitely works. The sideline art has diamondplate, so it wouldn't be so bad. Make it more subtle and its be perfect. Heck, while you're at it make the numbers the old block ones again.

I just hope I never see it for real... :D

oBIgzrL.png

I dig it a lot! Perhaps on the black jerseys you could diamond plate the numbers. If you really wanted to start some crap you could make a silver(steel) helmet and diamond plate it! That would rock! And drive the "don't change it because..." crowd crazy.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I dig it a lot! Perhaps on the black jerseys you could diamond plate the numbers. If you really wanted to start some crap you could make a silver(steel) helmet and diamond plate it! That would rock! And drive the "don't change it because..." crowd crazy.

They could put some chrome naked girls on the back of the helmets... <_<

No offense, but you are coming off as a douchebag here.

That's Mr. Douchebag to you. And why do you feel that way? Is it because I am suggesting that someone think outside the box? Or because I have observed that when ever someone attempts a concept on an untouchable team he or she gets ravaged. I guess many here are only progressive in their politics, not in their design concepts.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

That's Mr. Douchebag to you. And why do you feel that way? Is it because I am suggesting that someone think outside the box? Or because I have observed that when ever someone attempts a concept on an untouchable team he or she gets ravaged. I guess many here are only progressive in their politics, not in their design concepts.

Well, it sure seemed as if you were putting him down for thinking outside of the box here. I have observed that too, and it came off as if you were one of those people who did that. Your comment came across as one of those that were sarcastic, largely do to the exclamation points you added to make it seem like you thought this concept was great.

Well, it sure seemed as if you were putting him down for thinking outside of the box here. I have observed that too, and it came off as if you were one of those people who did that. Your comment came across as one of those that were sarcastic, largely do to the exclamation points you added to make it seem like you thought this concept was great.

Well I guess you have never read any of my posts on the concept board. Nor have you seen any of my concepts, most of my stuff is outside the box.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

P. J. O'Rourke

Who in the hell gave you the idea to put diamond-plating on a Pittsburgh Steelers jersey? Boy is you lookin' for a big-time a**-whuppin up in here or something? HUH? IZ YA??!!! :D

I'm jokin' homie--this idea is so crazy it actually works--and a helluva lot better than the U of O's application of diamond-plating. Maybe because diamond-plating actually has some relevance to a team called the STEELERS rather than the (Robo)Ducks.

I bet if someone were to produce these and market them as a one-off fashion jersey, or is someone somehow talked Mr. Rooney into putting is team in these for a one-game special, they'd see like hotcakes around here. (Pittsburgh, that is.) Pretty much anything with a Steelers emblem, wordmark, or image does, anyway (and you can usually get about a good 10-15 bucks more per item just by simply slaping Steeler imagery on damn near anything, including--yes, a TOOTHBRUSH, and I have seen them.)

Okay, I got way off-base there for a second...the idea works, homie. But yeah--I think the concept would be better served with a sublimation of the diamond plating on just the jersey. Not sure how diamond-plating would translate onto some yellow pants. (Yes, I know it's "athletic gold" but damn it they look yellow to me, and so that's what it is!!! :P )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived