2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

The Blackhawks beat the Wings, so they are still alive for the final playoff spot. Tonight St. Louis plays Nashville, the Blues need to beat the Predators to keep the Blackhawks alive. If that happens, the Hawks need to beat Nashville Friday and Detroit Sunday and they're in.

GO BLUES!! (tonight)

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caps have no excuses tonight to blow this game.

Coupled by a Sens and Slugs regulation loss, they'd gain ground and sit in the 6th position (swept season series with Ottawa 4-0, went 2-2 against Boston but would have 42 wins) for the time being.

Or would their 2-2 record against the Bs drop them to 7th in the East?

Tie Breaking Procedure

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).

2. The greater number of games won.

3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

4. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season.

After tonight, if Washington wins and Ottawa loses, it will be Boston, Washington and Ottawa. But at the end of the season, if Washington, Ottawa and Boston are tied, Washington will be first, then Ottawa and Boston.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Tie Breaking Procedure

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).

2. The greater number of games won.

3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

4. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season.

After tonight, if Washington wins and Ottawa loses, it will be Boston, Washington and Ottawa. But at the end of the season, if Washington, Ottawa and Boston are tied, Washington will be first, then Ottawa and Boston.

A Caps - Canes playoff series would be brutal.

Watching Flames-Wild tonight. The Wild will need a reversal of their fortunes against the Flames this season if they want to win the Northwest. So far, not so good... Calgary has already scored first, just a couple of minutes in.

Update: Minnesota ties it up! Todd Fedoruk helped set up what eventually became his own tally. The Wild brought him in for the muscle, but he's been figuring in some goals lately too. A very good sign for the playoffs, when your tough guys are scoring at the tail end of the regular season.

Update #2: The Wild have some kind of rectangular patch near the right shoulder of their home reds for tonight's game. Still trying to make out what it says.

CCSLC signature.png

The Leafs fans show how classy they are by cheering when they see that Alfie is bleeding and in pain.

Real nice, I guarantee that would not have happened if it was Sundin in Ottawa. Guaranteed.

Alfredsson showed his class in the Cup Final last year by intentionally firing a slapshot at Scott Neidermayer as a period was ending. He gets what he deserves....

The Leafs fans show how classy they are by cheering when they see that Alfie is bleeding and in pain.

Real nice, I guarantee that would not have happened if it was Sundin in Ottawa. Guaranteed.

Alfredsson showed his class in the Cup Final last year by intentionally firing a slapshot at Scott Neidermayer as a period was ending. He gets what he deserves....

That's not the point I was making, I was questioning the fan's class, I realize Alfredsson made a horrible decision and it upsets me that it happened, he should have never done it. But if you think that what the Maple Leaf fans did was right and he deserved it then your a sad human being.

Hi, how are you?

Flames and Wild still tied at 1-1 after 2 periods. The Wild have been dominating possession but Calgary's D isn't giving them many good chances, and is actually outshooting Minnesota at this point. I still haven't been able to get a close enough look at that patch to see what it's for.

CCSLC signature.png

That's not the point I was making, I was questioning the fan's class, I realize Alfredsson made a horrible decision and it upsets me that it happened, he should have never done it. But if you think that what the Maple Leaf fans did was right and he deserved it then your a sad human being.

You guys cheered when Colaiacovo got hurt. Last time I checked you boo Sundin for no reason at all. Where Alfie we have a reason (the cross check heard around the world or how about his mocking of the broken stick incident :D ). Alfie has little class therefore we're just returning the favour. I'm sorry this isn't aimed at you personally but Senators fans have place telling Leafs fans about a lack class.

untitled-6.jpg

Damn! Carey Price lost what could have been his 2nd consecutive shutout, with 8 minutes to go in the 3rd. My night is ruined. :cry: I just got in so that's the first thing I saw. However, I heard on the canadiens board that the refs ignored a number of penalties, notably on Brisebois and BĂ©gin. Ha! Even with that advantage, we still won. We are tied for 1st with the Penguins. Those 2 teams are winning games like their lives depend on it, I wasn't expecting such a war for the top spot in the east.

GGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Marian Gaborik snuck in behind the Flames' blueliners, snagged a pass and was off to the races, ultimately beating Kiprusoff for goal #41 of his season. The Wild are 16 minutes away from the division crown! Let's put this thing away, boys!!!

CCSLC signature.png

A classless player gets a classless retaliation, I can support that. Alfredsson absolutely deserves it.

When a player is making an attempt to injure another player, he shouldn't expect to be given a pass from negative fan reaction should he get injured, especially when it happens at their rival's barn. Leafs fans may not all have their marbles, but they do have knowledgable fans with long memories.

Besides, it's 8-2 Ottawa in the Leafs' last home game of the year...they gotta cheer about something...

You guys cheered when Colaiacovo got hurt. Last time I checked you boo Sundin for no reason at all. Where Alfie we have a reason (the cross check heard around the world or how about his mocking of the broken stick incident :D ). Alfie has little class therefore we're just returning the favour. I'm sorry this isn't aimed at you personally but Senators fans have place telling Leafs fans about a lack class.

If you read I said they booed Alfie when he got hurt(I don't give a :censored: that you decide to boo him normally, it just gives him the chance to shut you up.)Only a few of the Sens fans boo Sundin for the hell of it. Just like you guys find that mocking something most of you guys laughed at the week before to be this huge thing.

If your talking about the time that he got a concussion in Ottawa, I was at that game and they didn't cheer when he got injured they cheered when they picked him up in the stretcher to show respect, but hey, your a leafs, I don't expect you to know much about respect.

No matter what the circumstance if your cheering that another person is in pain you have no class. Imagine how you would feel if Sundin were the one who got a hit to the head and was bleeding and people were cheering in amusement.

Don't try and sugarcoat this and make it seem that Alfredsson is :censored:ing Hitler, He's had some bad hits "no question about it" but hell I wouldn't even think of cheering if I saw Darcy Tucker was down on the ice bleeding. Give me a break.

Hi, how are you?

I finally got a good look at the patch. It says "Team of 18,000", the Wild's slogan for this season. I presume this is for Fan Celebration Night tonight.

Meanwhile the Wild just had a goal wiped out by replay review. 15 minutes and counting...

CCSLC signature.png

Marian Gaborik snuck in behind the Flames' blueliners, snagged a pass and was off to the races, ultimately beating Kiprusoff for goal #41 of his season. The Wild are 16 minutes away from the division crown! Let's put this thing away, boys!!!

And the Flames still might slip away from that final spot in the west. I thought they were somewhere near the top.

A classless player gets a classless retaliation, I can support that. Alfredsson absolutely deserves it.

When a player is making an attempt to injure another player, he shouldn't expect to be given a pass from negative fan reaction should he get injured, especially when it happens at their rival's barn. Leafs fans may not all have their marbles, but they do have knowledgable fans with long memories.

Besides, it's 8-2 Ottawa in the Leafs' last home game of the year...they gotta cheer about something...

Ok,

Let's say hypothetically that Kovalchuk had done the same thing that Alfredsson done (HYPOTHETICALLY) and then he gets a hit to the head and is down on the ice bleeding playing against a separate team, and those fans are screaming and cheering that your franchise player is hurt. You wouldn't be upset that a good 10, 000 fans are happy to see another person lying on the ground in pain?

Hi, how are you?

And the Flames still might slip away from that final spot in the west. I thought they were somewhere near the top.

Ah yes... Flames vs. Senators: The Chokers' Cup. Worst-of-seven series, natch. :P

A little less than nine minutes left, and the Wild are going back on the power play.

Update: Another GGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Gaborik again. Nice screening by Fedoruk in front of the net. He doesn't get an assist since he didn't touch the puck on the play, but his presence was key.

Five minutes and counting to (1) a win in the Wild home finale, (2) Jacques Lemaire's 500th career win as a head coach, and most importantly (3) the Northwest Division title, #3 seed in the West, and first-round home ice! This may be the biggest regular-season win in franchise history if it holds up.

CCSLC signature.png

If you read I said they booed Alfie when he got hurt(I don't give a :censored: that you decide to boo him normally, it just gives him the chance to shut you up.)Only a few of the Sens fans boo Sundin for the hell of it. Just like you guys find that mocking something most of you guys laughed at the week before to be this huge thing.

I indeed read that, and if you didn't notice I put a smiley face after my reasons.

If your talking about the time that he got a concussion in Ottawa, I was at that game and they didn't cheer when he got injured they cheered when they picked him up in the stretcher to show respect, but hey, your a leafs, I don't expect you to know much about respect.

I'm not talking aboutt that game. It was earlier this year when he re-injured his knee, yet again.

No matter what the circumstance if your cheering that another person is in pain you have no class. Imagine how you would feel if Sundin were the one who got a hit to the head and was bleeding and people were cheering in amusement.

Never said it wasn't classes, just that it's not the place of a Senators fan to complain to the Leafs about a lack on class, on account of the Colaiacovo incident stated above.

Don't try and sugarcoat this and make it seem that Alfredsson is :censored:ing Hitler, He's had some bad hits "no question about it" but hell I wouldn't even think of cheering if I saw Darcy Tucker was down on the ice bleeding. Give me a break.

First of all he skated off on his own power, secondly I have a hard time believing that ( heck I'd cheer in Tucker got hurt, I can't stand him) the point is, stuff happens. There's a lot worse going on in this league then Leafs fans letting Alfie have it when he's caught with his head down.

Last time I checked saying a player was classes didn't mean or associate him at all with Hitler, so calm down and stop putting words in my mouth, I never said anything except he has a lack of class.

untitled-6.jpg

It's all over!

The Minnesota Wild have finally wrapped up the division!

Now, if only Dallas can somehow slip into that #6 spot, it will truly be hockey nirvana in St. Paul.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived