2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

Crosby is out for tonights game vs. Buffalo due to his anlke (i still think he came back too soon), that and Maxime Talbot is out, along with Hossa still being out...

...y'know, with all the crap theyve been through this year while still being so successful, you can only imagine what it woulda been like had everyone been healthy like last year...

Ugh. :rolleyes:

Most likely the same place or worse, the only reason they are so successful is because of Malkin getting the chance to play.

It is far more than jsut Malkin. Its Conklin, Malone, Sykora, Kennedy, Letang, every line, all those other guys they called up form Wilkes-Barre that stepped up...darn near the whole organization. Maybe theyre more than lucky. Maybe more than just one man carried the team through this season. Maybe theyre actually good and more than just Crosby and Malkin. Maybe fans of this team have the right to think how the team couldve been...how do you know I meant that in the way you thought? Maybe I meant that we would suck right now? That is what I meant. They woudl suck right now. This team is far better now than it was before these injuries - as ironic as it is.

Yah that's kind of what I meant.

What I was trying to say that Crosby is overrated by Penguins fans.

Hi, how are you?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unbelievable!

Chris Pronger only gets a eight game suspension for virtually the same thing that Chris Simon did, which got Simon 30 games.

As if I needed another reason to hate the guy. He might just be my least favourite player now.

They had better come out with a good reason why Pronger got significantly less time than Simon. Same crime, same time. Not defending Simon mind you, but it is a stupid thing to do, and it is extremely dangerous. They set the precident, they should follow it.

Pronger has been suspended before, as recent as last year's finals. Nothing quite as serious as some of Simon's past suspensions, but this can't be tolerated. He should be gone for a longer time

Pronger has been suspended before, as recent as last year's finals. Nothing quite as serious as some of Simon's past suspensions, but this can't be tolerated. He should be gone for a longer time

Exactly. The whole "but Simon has a reputation" argument does not apply here, for Pronger has over the years built a reputation himself.

Corsby out for another week due to sore ankle...

...I knew he came back too soon.

Just throwing this out there, may sound rather dumb. But I've begun to suspect that Crosby may have actually fractured his ankle, rather then spraining it. He's been out a long time, and I know these things can take time, but it just seems to long. Not wanting the fans to over-reacted and worry they jsut announced it as, a high ankle sprain.

Does this sound logical to anyone else?

untitled-6.jpg

Corsby out for another week due to sore ankle...

...I knew he came back too soon.

Just throwing this out there, may sound rather dumb. But I've begun to suspect that Crosby may have actually fractured his ankle, rather then spraining it. He's been out a long time, and I know these things can take time, but it just seems to long. Not wanting the fans to over-reacted and worry they jsut announced it as, a high ankle sprain.

Does this sound logical to anyone else?

Sure, I had a fracture in my right ankle from basketball and it took a few weeks to get the cast off but i couldn't run for another couple weeks following that, but I'm also not in shape, so that might be a factor :P

Hi, how are you?

I have a concern about this season. The NHL today is more competitive and the standings are alot closer, which is a good thing. But, what if the Canes or Wild, who are currently the 3rd seeded teams in each confrence due to being division leaders, failed to have enough points to make the playoffs. They would still make it because they were a division leader...but really there were other teams in the confrence that would deserve to make it over them.

Just wondering about what people think of for a solution?

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I have a concern about this season. The NHL today is more competitive and the standings are alot closer, which is a good thing. But, what if the Canes or Wild, who are currently the 3rd seeded teams in each confrence due to being division leaders, failed to have enough points to make the playoffs. They would still make it because they were a division leader...but really there were other teams in the confrence that would deserve to make it over them.

Well you wouldn't be able to do much, but just keep the standings as most points get the higher seed.

Hi, how are you?

Pens are heading into the final 8 games - all against divisional opponents (who we havent done too hot against this year) starting with the Devils tonight. They control their fate now.

Itsa gonna be a crazy night at the igloo tonight because of that, and because Ol' Abandoned St. Francis Hospital across the street from the igloo is comin down today at 2 to make way for the new arena. Cant see it myself due to having a doctors appointment at that time, but im still going to see this beautiful pile of rubble later when I go to the game......its gonna be a messy night at the igloo also.

oBIgzrL.png

"It was a very important goal for my team. The guys know if I don't score and somebody else score I will be happy too, but 60 is 60." -Alex Ovechkin, class, pure class.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Well you wouldn't be able to do much, but just keep the standings as most points get the higher seed.

So your saying that all divsion leaders would make they playoffs, but they would be seeded with the rest of the teams by number of points?

"It was a very important goal for my team. The guys know if I don't score and somebody else score I will be happy too, but 60 is 60." -Alex Ovechkin, class, pure class.

and about Ovechkin's goal, I believe that we have a new "Jagr in Washington, Lemieux in Pittsburgh situation"(even though when Jagr scored 62 and Lemieux scored 69, 12 seasons ago they were both ironicly in Pittsburgh)...only better.

With Crosby, Malkin in Pittsburgh & Ovechkin, Backstrom in Washington plus the Sergei Gonchar situation and him playing most of his career in Washington adds to the irony of it all, this is going to be one hell of a rivalry for the next decade or so!!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Tell that 9th-place team to win more points and/or win their division.

Simple, effective answer....

and about Ovechkin's goal, I believe that we have a new "Jagr in Washington, Lemieux in Pittsburgh situation"(even though when Jagr scored 62 and Lemieux scored 69, 12 seasons ago they were both ironicly in Pittsburgh)...only better.

With Crosby, Malkin in Pittsburgh & Ovechkin, Backstrom in Washington plus the Sergei Gonchar situation and him playing most of his career in Washington adds to the irony of it all, this is going to be one hell of a rivalry for the next decade or so!!

if we could only learn to beat the :censored:ers! :cursing: LOL

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Hey, I dont mind. :D

oBIgzrL.png

Hey, I dont mind. :D

curses have to be broken at some point right?

So your saying that all divsion leaders would make they playoffs, but they would be seeded with the rest of the teams by number of points?

No. I said that whichever team has more points the higher the seed they get, as in abolish the fact that division leaders get the 1, 2, or 3 seed, and give it to the team's with the 3 highest points totals.

Hi, how are you?

The Sharks beat the Ducks last night and now sit only five points behind the Red Wings in the overall points standings.

Just thought I'd throw in something WESTERN conference related to break up the eastern conference talk around here, that is all.

Do you really want the Kiss of Death trophy?

If the Sharks finish second they will be just in the right spot I believe.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Now that it's strictly divisional play from here on out, I wonder which team or two in the Northwest will knock themselves out of playoff contention. I can't see the math working out for four Northwest teams getting in. Unless Nashville loses out, they'll take away a playoff spot from someone in the Northwest....

Archived