2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heres to hoping the pens catch the habsfor first in the conference (somehow) and the caps, a team they have owned for decades, get the 8 seed. Sure, Malkin wont get the MVP because of Ovechkin leading the caps to the playoffs, but im sure he wouldnt mind trading that in for what could await him and the team later on.

Either way, wed face Boston, Philly, or Washington. Two of which weve had troubles with earlier in the season but their seasons have been on a downward path recently, and another that weve owned regularly for over a decade.

As a Sens fan I've learned that regular season success against a certain team means jack squat.

Hi, how are you?

Heres to hoping the pens catch the habsfor first in the conference (somehow) and the caps, a team they have owned for decades, get the 8 seed. Sure, Malkin wont get the MVP because of Ovechkin leading the caps to the playoffs, but im sure he wouldnt mind trading that in for what could await him and the team later on.

Either way, wed face Boston, Philly, or Washington. Two of which weve had troubles with earlier in the season but their seasons have been on a downward path recently, and another that weve owned regularly for over a decade.

As a Sens fan I've learned that regular season success against a certain team means jack squat.

regular season success does mean squat...however theyve owned us in the playoffs too...yeah, im man enough to own up to it, wanna fight about it? hehe

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Washington is now seriously close to reaching the final spot in the east. With the Habs who've just about clinched the top spot, The Caps are one team I'm cheering for the time being. It's not just because of Cristobal, but it would be nice to see Ovechkin and the other newer players get some playoff action. A likely scenario would be the Habs vs the Caps in the first round. I'm hoping for something more of a 2nd round confrontation.

Habs vs Caps, wow that could get interesting esp if Huet haunts his former team.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Washington is now seriously close to reaching the final spot in the east. With the Habs who've just about clinched the top spot, The Caps are one team I'm cheering for the time being. It's not just because of Cristobal, but it would be nice to see Ovechkin and the other newer players get some playoff action. A likely scenario would be the Habs vs the Caps in the first round. I'm hoping for something more of a 2nd round confrontation.

Habs vs Caps, wow that could get interesting esp if Huet haunts his former team.

That would be lovely.

Hi, how are you?

That would be lovely.

I'm only going to root for the Caps as long as they aren't facing the Habs. One things for sure if that happens, I won't be because he stole the series all to himself.

Wherever you got that jersey sucks. I'd send it back and tell them to send you one that isn't a piece of garbage. Why the **** is the name plate so low? Wow.

You know, I noticed that when I got it. I got it through work and don't want to cause a fuss over something so trivial. It still looks fine and most people don't notice it, only those of us who pay more attention to jersey details do. What they did is line up the nameplate to the top of the arch on the back of the jersey for some odd reason, and this could be a result of them not having updated equipment or measurements to put them higher up. I don't know, but it doesn't bother me THAT much, and its too late to do anything about it. I just have to live with a low nameplate...

EDIT: You know... the more I look at it... the more I notice that the cut on the back of the jersey is different between the pro and replica. The arch is higher up on the pro and lower down on the replica, which could explain why it is lined up with it (like it is in the pics and on my jersey) but why they are at different heights. This is very odd...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Wherever you got that jersey sucks. I'd send it back and tell them to send you one that isn't a piece of garbage. Why the **** is the name plate so low? Wow.

You know, I noticed that when I got it. I got it through work and don't want to cause a fuss over something so trivial. It still looks fine and most people don't notice it, only those of us who pay more attention to jersey details do. What they did is line up the nameplate to the top of the arch on the back of the jersey for some odd reason, and this could be a result of them not having updated equipment or measurements to put them higher up. I don't know, but it doesn't bother me THAT much, and its too late to do anything about it. I just have to live with a low nameplate...

EDIT: You know... the more I look at it... the more I notice that the cut on the back of the jersey is different between the pro and replica. The arch is higher up on the pro and lower down on the replica, which could explain why it is lined up with it (like it is in the pics and on my jersey) but why they are at different heights. This is very odd...

I don't know, though. I mean, if you paid for it... (and these new jerseys are way too expensive now)... I'd actually complain and make them sew you up a proper one. If it was free, or super reduced, I can see where not complaining would be a good idea, but if you're paying full price you owe it to yourself and Mr. Downie (who could very well track you down and kill you, and me, and my grandmother and her little dog... his powers are never ending) to get something that looks right. But that's just me. Nice to see Downie support though. :D

I don't know, though. I mean, if you paid for it... (and these new jerseys are way too expensive now)... I'd actually complain and make them sew you up a proper one. If it was free, or super reduced, I can see where not complaining would be a good idea, but if you're paying full price you owe it to yourself and Mr. Downie (who could very well track you down and kill you, and me, and my grandmother and her little dog... his powers are never ending) to get something that looks right. But that's just me. Nice to see Downie support though. :D

I only paid $40 of my own cash... 40% discount with a $75 gift card... so I thought of getting something fun and this was it. I swear I am the first person to buy one, lol.

I am trying to hunt down a Memorial Cup 2006 patch so I can make a Peterborough Petes white Downie #20 jersey, but so far I have had no luck finding the patch.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

God I hate when teams you usually hate, but root for to help your team out always lose.

Good for nothing penguins. :mad:

Edit: Also I'm starting to get this feeling that the Sens won't do as miserable as I thought once they reach the playoffs, but hell I've been wrong every other time. :P

Hi, how are you?

Meanwhile in the Northwest, the Wild are closing in on their first division title!

That's the good news. The bad news is that they'll probably have to beat Calgary on Thursday night to clinch it, and the Flames have had Minnesota's number this season, even at the X. The worse news is that there's a good chance we'll be stuck with those same Flames as our first-round opponent.

On the other hand there's also a decent chance we'll get Dallas instead. Beating the Stars in a playoff series is every Wild fan's wet dream.

CCSLC signature.png

IMG_4456.jpg

What size is that?

Medium.

Why do you ask?

As another mentioned the name plate looks extremely low. I was wondering if it was to big or something?

The nameplate and numbers are all stiched onto the jersey. The jersey is also kind of small... I really don't know many people who buy ones that actually fit!!

I really have to try and get my hands on a pro Flyers jersey so I can see how the cut of that jersey compares to the replica. My Leafs authentic has a completely different fabric cut on the back than the Flyers, I just can't tell if the Flyers look the same in the back as my Leafs.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Wrong thread, sorry.

To contribute I will say that the Hawks are 4 points behind Vancouver for the last playoff spot with 3 games left for each team. It's DET, NSH, DET for the Hawks. Hopefully they play the Wings like they did at the beginning of the year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

IMG_4456.jpg

What size is that?

Medium.

Why do you ask?

As another mentioned the name plate looks extremely low. I was wondering if it was to big or something?

The nameplate and numbers are all stiched onto the jersey. The jersey is also kind of small... I really don't know many people who buy ones that actually fit!!

I really have to try and get my hands on a pro Flyers jersey so I can see how the cut of that jersey compares to the replica. My Leafs authentic has a completely different fabric cut on the back than the Flyers, I just can't tell if the Flyers look the same in the back as my Leafs.

i own a Caps Backstrom replica and it fits well, size large. im 6' 150, its a bit baggy but thats the way i like my hockey jerseys. the name and numbers are all dual layered all sewn on straight from river city sports, its beautiful.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The Devils are officially in (dance)

But it looks like they'll play the Rangers in the first round :ghostface:

It will be a real battle (or should I say sweep...unfortunately) :vaderandluke:

Archived