2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

It's all over!

The Minnesota Wild have finally wrapped up the division!

Now, if only Dallas can somehow slip into that #6 spot, it will truly be hockey nirvana in St. Paul.

What a series that would be! I'll cross the fingers for it! :D

untitled-6.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you read I said they booed Alfie when he got hurt(I don't give a :censored: that you decide to boo him normally, it just gives him the chance to shut you up.)Only a few of the Sens fans boo Sundin for the hell of it. Just like you guys find that mocking something most of you guys laughed at the week before to be this huge thing.

I indeed read that, and if you didn't notice I put a smiley face after my reasons.

If your talking about the time that he got a concussion in Ottawa, I was at that game and they didn't cheer when he got injured they cheered when they picked him up in the stretcher to show respect, but hey, your a leafs, I don't expect you to know much about respect.

I'm not talking aboutt that game. It was earlier this year when he re-injured his knee, yet again.

No matter what the circumstance if your cheering that another person is in pain you have no class. Imagine how you would feel if Sundin were the one who got a hit to the head and was bleeding and people were cheering in amusement.

Never said it wasn't classes, just that it's not the place of a Senators fan to complain to the Leafs about a lack on class, on account of the Colaiacovo incident stated above.

Don't try and sugarcoat this and make it seem that Alfredsson is :censored:ing Hitler, He's had some bad hits "no question about it" but hell I wouldn't even think of cheering if I saw Darcy Tucker was down on the ice bleeding. Give me a break.

First of all he skated off on his own power, secondly I have a hard time believing that ( heck I'd cheer in Tucker got hurt, I can't stand him) the point is, stuff happens. There's a lot worse going on in this league then Leafs fans letting Alfie have it when he's caught with his head down.

Last time I checked saying a player was classes didn't mean or associate him at all with Hitler, so calm down and stop putting words in my mouth, I never said anything except he has a lack of class.

Ah yes the smiley face, the emoticon that says, "I'm putting this here so that I can go back and say it was a joke just in case I get called on it.

I JUST saw the replay of the hit his head was up and looking at the net while he took a shot or passed it up, and Mark Bell came from Alfie's left and gave a hit to the head. Sure I hate Tucker but I understand he's a normal guy out of the rink and I'm sure he's a good guy, just because I despise him on the ice doesn't mean I'd resort to cheering at the sight of him on the ground.

So it was an earlier game they still didn't boo him for the concussion or whatever it was, I don't have much recollection of the game before that your talking about but I think leafs fans would have made a much bigger deal if we had booed him.

I used the Hitler thing as an over-exaggeration to get my point across, understand?

You didn't just say that Alfredsson has a lack of class (Hell even I think he's not the classiest guy) you agreed that he got what he deserved.

Hi, how are you?

Ah yes the smiley face, the emoticon that says, "I'm putting this here so that I can go back and say it was a joke just in case I get called on it.

Or maybe I maybe I found the mocking funny where others haven't.

I JUST saw the replay of the hit his head was up and looking at the net while he took a shot or passed it up, and Mark Bell came from Alfie's left and gave a hit to the head. Sure I hate Tucker but I understand he's a normal guy out of the rink and I'm sure he's a good guy, just because I despise him on the ice doesn't mean I'd resort to cheering at the sight of him on the ground.

Does that even have any relevence, from what I'm gathering you made at the boo's not the hit. It was a clean hit, Neil on Drury was clean, Bell on Alfie was clean. Simple as that.

So it was an earlier game they still didn't boo him for the concussion or whatever it was, I don't have much recollection of the game before that your talking about but I think leafs fans would have made a much bigger deal if we had booed him.

It wasn't before the concussion it was this season, like the 3rd or 4th time we played you. No we didn't make a huge deal because we've come to expect it. It's part of the rivalry mate.

I used the Hitler thing as an over-exaggeration to get my point across, understand?

I know but it wasn't nessecary because I never played him out as anything but classes, heck my post was one paragraph not some huge tirade against him.

You didn't just say that Alfredsson has a lack of class (Hell even I think he's not the classiest guy) you agreed that he got what he deserved.

He did, somebody hit him. He's not dead, at this point I doubt he'll miss any games. It was a clean hit, what's wrong with enjoying a rival player getting hit. Never wished anything injury on him or anything. He got up, and skated off the ice get over it.

We're rivals this whole arguement is pointless, nobody get's anywhere.

untitled-6.jpg

That's not the point I was making, I was questioning the fan's class, I realize Alfredsson made a horrible decision and it upsets me that it happened, he should have never done it. But if you think that what the Maple Leaf fans did was right and he deserved it then your a sad human being.

A classless player gets a classless retaliation, I can support that. Alfredsson absolutely deserves it.

When a player is making an attempt to injure another player, he shouldn't expect to be given a pass from negative fan reaction should he get injured, especially when it happens at their rival's barn. Leafs fans may not all have their marbles, but they do have knowledgable fans with long memories.

Besides, it's 8-2 Ottawa in the Leafs' last home game of the year...they gotta cheer about something...

Ok,

Let's say hypothetically that Kovalchuk had done the same thing that Alfredsson done (HYPOTHETICALLY) and then he gets a hit to the head and is down on the ice bleeding playing against a separate team, and those fans are screaming and cheering that your franchise player is hurt. You wouldn't be upset that a good 10, 000 fans are happy to see another person lying on the ground in pain?

Kovalchuk would deserve the same reaction. I wouldn't like it, but he's deserving of whatever ridicule the opposing fans give. However, Alfredsson has a lot longer history of poor decision-making. Take off your homer glasses, Chief....

Or maybe I maybe I found the mocking funny where others haven't.

Does that even have any relevence, from what I'm gathering you made at the boo's not the hit. It was a clean hit, Neil on Drury was clean, Bell on Alfie was clean. Simple as that.

It wasn't before the concussion it was this season, like the 3rd or 4th time we played you. No we didn't make a huge deal because we've come to expect it. It's part of the rivalry mate.

I know but it wasn't nessecary because I never played him out as anything but classes, heck my post was one paragraph not some huge tirade against him.

He did, somebody hit him. He's not dead, at this point I doubt he'll miss any games. It was a clean hit, what's wrong with enjoying a rival player getting hit. Never wished anything injury on him or anything. He got up, and skated off the ice get over it.

We're rivals this whole arguement is pointless, nobody get's anywhere.

It's true, neither of us will ever agree so might as well stop now.

And Hedley, I may be a little biased but I've been brought up knowing no matter what you shouldn't be happy with another person being in pain, especially in the world of sports.

I'm over it, the coaching staff is calling it a knee injury that got him out of the game.

Hi, how are you?

And Hedley, I may be a little biased but I've been brought up knowing no matter what you shouldn't be happy with another person being in pain, especially in the world of sports.

I'm over it, the coaching staff is calling it a knee injury that got him out of the game.

We're all biased, I might be having the same reaction as you right now, if it were the other way around. Stuff happens we just have to do our best to keep our cool and look at it from all views. I'm not happy with pain, but I think you can understand how I feel.

Truths?

untitled-6.jpg

We're all biased, I might be having the same reaction as you right now, if it were the other way around. Stuff happens we just have to do our best to keep our cool and look at it from all views. I'm not happy with pain, but I think you can understand how I feel.

Truths?

Yah no worries! ^_^

P.s. Thanks for the win. :P

ok, now I'm done.

Hi, how are you?

I've switched over to spOilers-Canucks. The first period was pretty dull, but Edmonton got two in the second. If this holds up, the Flames-Canucks game Saturday night could end up being a play-in game.

CCSLC signature.png

If Philly loses to Jersey tomorrow (which is likely) I hope someone breaks Crosby's ****ing legs in the last game of the season. I'm sick of that whiny little f****. There I said it, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

So Canucks collapse and are now eliminated from playoff contention. This team needs some serious changes and Davis Nonis better step up, cause Bobby Lu isn't gonna like player for a mediocre team.

I've switched over to spOilers-Canucks. The first period was pretty dull, but Edmonton got two in the second. If this holds up, the Flames-Canucks game Saturday night could end up being a play-in game.

Play-in game, hell....Vancouver's eliminated. Nashville and Calgary are in now. With all these division games ending the year, it was going to be impossible for 4 of the Northwest teams to survive that stretch and all get in.

Big congrats to the Predators, they were given no chance after that wacky offseason they faced.....

:censored:, this :censored: ty Canuck team totally layed an egg the last 3 weeks of the season.

This team was really hard to watch this year, and it's so frustrating to watch them play.

And there's no upside in the future.

Scouts suck...drafting sucks...coach and GM are content with mediocrity...

I hate being an optimist. I really thought we'd pull it off and make the playoffs, and now it's just a big letdown.

Wow...I need to take a chill pill, but this is just downright disappointing.

:censored: this :censored: ty Canuck team totally layed an egg the last 3 weeks of the season.

This team was really hard to watch this year, and it's so frustrating to watch them play.

I hate being an optimist. I really thought we'd pull it off and make the playoffs, and now it's just a big letdown.

Last year, the Habs got eliminated on the very last day. If they lose, they are out and they lost. I know what it's like. Feel better? Yeah I didn't think so. Oh well, sorry.

:censored:, this :censored: ty Canuck team totally layed an egg the last 3 weeks of the season.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

This is so sweet -- Chokecouver is back and it couldn't be more beautiful at this time of the year.

GOILERS!!!!!

(We at least have a future.)

teams-1.png

This team needs some many changes and they won’t be able to accomplish any of them in the offseason. They have no good young players to join the team; there are no good free agents to join the team. Davis Nonis needs to make a trade and he hasn’t shown any balls so I doubt he’ll make a big one. Honestly if it means trading the Sedin’s I'm fine with that, since they can't be relied on as the number one line. They finally have a goaltender yet they have almost no one around him. AV needs to step up and get them to play hard, passionate, and play defensive hockey like last year, and give the C to someone who gives a damn, not someone past his prime who has no emotion.

Archived