2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Caps erased a 2-goal Flyers lead in the 3rd period to win 5-4! A rousing start for the consensus sentimental favorites in the East.

Now I'm watching Game 2 of the "Party Convention Cup" (aka Wild vs. Avalanche, the two teams whose arenas are hosting the GOP and Dem conventions this summer, respectively)... The first period just ended with the Avs up 1-0. Both teams have basically picked up where they left off Wednesday night, with neither team giving away an inch. The Wild need to win this one badly, or else they're more or less screwed.

CCSLC signature.png

Well that was disappointing... :( Not to mention some :censored:ty officiating. That Donovan breakaway should have been a penalty seeing as the penguins player's stick hit the body of Donovan before it hit the puck... Ugh, can't catch a break in this series.

Hi, how are you?

Well that was disappointing... :( Not to mention some :censored:ty officiating. That Donovan breakaway should have been a penalty seeing as the penguins player's stick hit the body of Donovan before it hit the puck... Ugh, can't catch a break in this series.

Sorry, but, there were a few calls that shoulda been made on your side also.

Anyways. Was at the game tonight. Never experienced anything like it. Ever. Magic. Before the game going to the arena, during, and after leaving....with the way we celebrate here, you can imagine what it'd be like if we won the cup.

The third period was alittle worrying, but overall I think the pens have learned a lesson and the sens are ending up even more frustrated and dismoraled. Did make for a great finish and the single loudest goal ive ever heard in person in my life (well, maybe Buffalo's in the Winter Classic outdoes it, but that sorta goes without saying.)

oBIgzrL.png

GGGGGGOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!! It's Mikko Koivu's turn to be Mr. Clutch, scoring off a turnover with less than two minutes to go. Looks like we're about to go back to Denver tied at 1-1 in the series.

Update: Uh-oh... the Avs tied it up again on a 6-on-4 power play. Just what we need, another OT game.

CCSLC signature.png

GGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!! The series is even after all. Koivu figured in it again, but it was Keith Carney who put it in from around the left faceoff dot. That sound you hear coming out of Minnesota is the entire population of the state letting out a collective sigh of relief, as the Wild get a new lease on life in the series.

CCSLC signature.png

Sorry, but, there were a few calls that shoulda been made on your side also.

Anyways. Was at the game tonight. Never experienced anything like it. Ever. Magic. Before the game going to the arena, during, and after leaving....with the way we celebrate here, you can imagine what it'd be like if we won the cup.

The third period was alittle worrying, but overall I think the pens have learned a lesson and the sens are ending up even more frustrated and dismoraled. Did make for a great finish and the single loudest goal ive ever heard in person in my life (well, maybe Buffalo's in the Winter Classic outdoes it, but that sorta goes without saying.)

Yah that's why i said :censored:ty officiating. See what i was doing was pointing out a specific example so that people would understand how bad it was.

I was actually saying to my dad that I thought it would be louder, if that's the loudest...pssh "mere peanuts" compared to some other cities. :P

I think the home games will do good for Ottawa, and they could turn it around if they start the way they played in the 3rd.

Oh and Gerber is my Jesus.

Hi, how are you?

Just got back from DC. What a letdown. Played a great game for 2 periods. Just saw Boudreau's post game comments. Couldnt agree with him more. Flyers kept Ovechkin in check, but great players find ways to make those kind of plays. Bottom line is the Flyers giftwrapped that one, and I do expect them to bounce back. Should be a very entertaining rest of the series.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Wanna talk let down imagine sitting in your home arena and Rangers fans take it over and make it sound like MSG. Thats what the Devils did with their play today, I will have pics some time this weekend btw.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I was at the Caps game last night, holy crap. what an ending, what a 3rd period. i dont have a voice right now, that crowd was amazing. its unfortunate about Thoresen tho, a broken testicle?? owwwwwwwwwwie

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I was actually saying to my dad that I thought it would be louder, if that's the loudest...pssh "mere peanuts" compared to some other cities. :P

Its only the first round. Watch some videos of this place when weve been real deep into the playoffs (especially 91 and 92). It gets real loud here.

oBIgzrL.png

I cant respect that fan base after being verbally and once physically provoked leaving the arena. If the Flyers want any chance at winning this series they need to do several things. One, realize that a regulation NHL game is 60 MINUTES. Second, realize that when you sit back on a lead, you will lose the game. Lastly, and most important of all, realize that you're not just playing the Capitals, your playing the league as well. If I see 8 leave his feet one more time to deliver a hit (not to mention the 10 steps he takes before making the hit), Im going to jump through my TV. The fact that around 8 or 9 charges, give or take a few, were allowed, especially in the 3rd period, is ridiculous. God forbid Briere accidentally grazes Bobby Orr...err Mike Green, excuse me. Im tired of games being called based on which team has the momentum. And its not just last night. Ive seen it work in the favor of the Flyers, too. Its sad, this is professional hockey, if its a penalty, call it. If its not, then dont.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Wanna talk let down imagine sitting in your home arena and Rangers fans take it over and make it sound like MSG. Thats what the Devils did with their play today, I will have pics some time this weekend btw.

You're actually suprised the Devils fans didn't sell out a home game?

I don't want to hear any more crap out of you for Braves fans if your beloved Devils are doing the same damn thing. No excuses.....

Archived