2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

Wanna talk let down imagine sitting in your home arena and Rangers fans take it over and make it sound like MSG. Thats what the Devils did with their play today, I will have pics some time this weekend btw.

You're actually suprised the Devils fans didn't sell out a home game?

I don't want to hear any more crap out of you for Braves fans if your beloved Devils are doing the same damn thing. No excuses.....

In Tank's defense, I don't think that whoever the Braves play have their home 5-10 miles away.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wanna talk let down imagine sitting in your home arena and Rangers fans take it over and make it sound like MSG. Thats what the Devils did with their play today, I will have pics some time this weekend btw.

You're actually suprised the Devils fans didn't sell out a home game?

I don't want to hear any more crap out of you for Braves fans if your beloved Devils are doing the same damn thing. No excuses.....

In Tank's defense, I don't think that whoever the Braves play have their home 5-10 miles away.

Gotta back Tank on this one too. It's not like here where fans from the visiting team (or fans of the star player visiting) that comes from across the country will overrun our own fans, which is why I fully expect there to be a greater amount of Celtics fans in the building than Hawks fans for the playoff series (IF THEY MAKE IT), unless the Hawks pull off a miracle and win, and then the bandwagoners will come in full force.

So I can understand fans from 5-10 miles away showing up. But when "fans" from a team that plays a real far distance away show up in more droves than the home team, that's a shame.

Gary Bennett showed off his hockey knowledge a few days ago by not knowing the difference between 1930's legend Ace Bailey and 9/11 victim and LA Kings ccout Garnett Bailey.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I was actually saying to my dad that I thought it would be louder, if that's the loudest...pssh "mere peanuts" compared to some other cities. :P

Its only the first round. Watch some videos of this place when weve been real deep into the playoffs (especially 91 and 92). It gets real loud here.

Watch some videos of the earlier rounds of the playoffs in Ottawa last year. It gets louder here.

Hi, how are you?

don't worry its just my super secret minions dressed up as ranger fans ready to take over the Continental AIrlines arena(or whatever its called now). Since Devils fans don't show up anyway, the powers that be decided to adopt the devils arena as a second home. :hockeysmiley:

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I cant respect that fan base after being verbally and once physically provoked leaving the arena.

keep in mind, im not defending the actions of a few fans who provoked you when i say this. there have been multiple instances where flyers fans get physical with caps fans when they come down, get liquored up like those caps fans and win. its a rivalry, and our fans have had issues going to philly and getting roughed up. im not defending it, im just explaining it. we had a group of flyers fans in our section, there was definitely some verbal jawing going on during the game, but thats all in the spirit of the game. theres no excuse for having fans physically provoke opposing fans, even tho it happens in philly very often. testosterone+alcohol is not a good mix.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I was actually saying to my dad that I thought it would be louder, if that's the loudest...pssh "mere peanuts" compared to some other cities. :P

Its only the first round. Watch some videos of this place when weve been real deep into the playoffs (especially 91 and 92). It gets real loud here.

Watch some videos of the earlier rounds of the playoffs in Ottawa last year. It gets louder here.

Well, the sens play in canada and in a larger city/market and a bigger arena. Of course its louder there (than us in this round).

oBIgzrL.png

You obviously have never been in Toronto during playoff time. We shut down the city when Canada won the Gold medal in 2002 at Salt Lake, we shut down the city when we made the playoffs in '04! :P Doesn't matter the round, we'll do shots just to be happy we made it in!

Lately, we are just sitting and waiting for Pittsburgh to finish the job so we can have something to celebrate. That, or Montreal dropping ANOTHER 2-0 lead. ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I cant respect that fan base after being verbally and once physically provoked leaving the arena.

keep in mind, im not defending the actions of a few fans who provoked you when i say this. there have been multiple instances where flyers fans get physical with caps fans when they come down, get liquored up like those caps fans and win. its a rivalry, and our fans have had issues going to philly and getting roughed up. im not defending it, im just explaining it. we had a group of flyers fans in our section, there was definitely some verbal jawing going on during the game, but thats all in the spirit of the game. theres no excuse for having fans physically provoke opposing fans, even tho it happens in philly very often. testosterone+alcohol is not a good mix.

Im ok with a little :censored: talkin, I expect it wearing my Flyers stuff, its fun. I think its more a product of new fans coming to the game, half of which dont even know what theyre watching, and not knowing how to act. You dont see this kind of behavior at Ranger games because its a different type of fan base. People that have lived and died with the team their whole lives, not just a bunch of bandwagoners. Im sure there are a handful of Caps fans that are diehards, but the majority of the ones I saw last nite, I felt like I was at a college game.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Yes, but most importantly does it get loud in Anaheim?

Well, didn't they get like 16,000+ to their celebration after they won the cup?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

good lord, Calgary comes roaring back from 3 down, what a great game. i love the playoffs.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived