2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

use some logic.

Of course athletes party and have vices. Here's my problem:

A. You don't know these people.

B. You're spouting off second-hand knowledge (at best) as fact. If you don't mind being "that guy" on the message board making all of these outrageous claims, that's fine. But to think that a widespread drug epidemic on a single team in the NHL would go unreported, in Canada of all places... come on. That's an awfully big pill to swallow.

No one's talking down to you, friend. I know how long you've been here. But if you want anyone to believe what you're on here reporting, you're just going to have to come up with something better than "I believe it because I trust the person who told me." Okay. The internet (and the outside world, for that matter) is full of that kind of stuff. Check out snopes.com sometime. Do we really need more? Maybe Wade Redden has a coke problem. Sure, wouldn't surprise me. But I'm not going to believe the Senators throw the best team parties in the world because Neon_Matrix said so.

And I'm sorry, but quote button abuse is one of the most annoying things in the world. I am trying to scroll through this thread, and three straight posts of the same damned conversation? You can't just quote the one post you're replying to? You have to catch everyone up on the whole conversation? Sorry, I have to call you out on it. Obviously I can't stop you from doing it, but you have to see how annoying that is.

This thread reminds me of the pictures of Sundin, Belfour and another Leaf (can't remember right now) floating around the internet. They were drunk in some guys basement and completely trashed. I've also heard from a friend of my brother's that Chara likes the cheeb. My brother's friend's house were back-to-back when Chara was in Ottawa.

They may be athletes, but as said before they are still human. Plus all they do is play hockey. You can only train for so long during the day. What are you supposed to do with that extra time?

A year ago I posed a picture of J. Staal kissing Malkin in some bar both trashed (Staal with a screwdriver) and most likely in the USA. Considering both are underage down south and Staal was holding "orange juice" in a small glass. I also have seen some pic of Belfour and Sundin both with faces squished together in some bar TRASHED. I have also seen some WEIRD pics of J. Staal in womens clothing... if my friend will send them to me I'll post them. Malkin has also been in some weird pics. She also has some gems of Wellwood plastered along with Stajan and some more Sundins.

If you look, you will find some crazy stuff out there. I don't think I have seen the pic you are talking about but it sounds pretty funny. I know first hand that Sundin likes 20 year old women and Stajan likes the ganga. Hell, my friend who finds most of these crazy pics once saw him making out with some random chick down at Front and University Avenue.

As for Alfredsson and the white powder, just remember, just because you have a wife does not mean you have a mistress on the side. Read the books I suggested earlier and you will see just because you have a wife it doesn't mean you don't still have fun on the side with either booze, drugs or other women. You are on the road for half the year, you get bored, you get stressed, you do things. Thats why I am not 100% on Alfie because I am hearing different things about him. It could be possible, it could be false, I don't know that for sure. Just don't let the fact he has a family make him automatically a saint and immune to any possible bad deeds.

On another note, watching Ottawa get eliminated was not as gratifying as I had hoped. It was not as much fun as when Buffalo put them out in '06. Oh well, my summer will be a little easier now. Also, I have to hand it to those in attendance who cheered them in the dying minutes instead of raining down boos.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On another note, watching Ottawa get eliminated was not as gratifying as I had hoped. It was not as much fun as when Buffalo put them out in '06. Oh well, my summer will be a little easier now. Also, I have to hand it to those in attendance who cheered them in the dying minutes instead of raining down boos.

LIAR!

you were throwing a party celebrating the pens sweep of the sens. you had the time of your life. admit it. :D

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

LIAR!

you were throwing a party celebrating the pens sweep of the sens. you had the time of your life. admit it. :D

... no, he would have thrown a party had the LEAFS swept the Sens ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

LIAR!

well yeah but it would be followed up by constant barrage of Leaf Wank. Where as this was your run in the mill drink till your silly party.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

LIAR!

well yeah but it would be followed up by constant barrage of Leaf Wank. Where as this was your run in the mill drink till your silly party.

Yea, the Leafs sweeping them in 4 (again) would be pretty damn sweet. Heck, even making the playoffs would be very sweet! I'd drink to that a few times for sure. Although, there is just something about watching other teams take out the Sens which I find a lot of fun, maybe it has to do with me being impartial to the team that does it or I am just a sadistic bastard and enjoy watching pain being inflicted upon that franchise. I do have to admit, the Penguins looked great last night... and they very well might just make it to the Eastern Conference finals... but as for making it to the Stanley Cup, I am not sure. This is just one round they have gotten through, two more against teams who will be just as hot as them they still have to face. Only the best advance and obviously Ottawa was not playing at a level in which they wished to advance.

I say New Jersey comes back against the Rangers, Philadelphia takes it in two more, Montreal seals it up in 2 as well. I don't know, I don't feel another early end in those series...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

3 - 2 CAPS

The game is rather chippy. w00t.

and that "goalie interference" call is complete BS!

and Jurcina is an oaf :blink:

Goals scored by:

PHI - Carter 42 seconds in 1st

WAS PP - Backstrom 3min in 1st

WAS PP - Semin 13 min in 1st

PHI - Carter (2) 18 min in 2nd

WAS - Eminger 15 min in 2nd

PHI - Briere 10 min in 3rd

Headed to OT....

Thoughts on tonight's games

-The Bruins did not want to begin their golf season yet. I'm not that surprised that they won. I'm hoping the Habs bounce back during Saturday's game and play the full 60 minutes with all they got because the Bruins do not want to go down 3 times to the Habs.

-What kind of BS call against Kozlov (I think it was him). He gets pushed by a Flyer onto Biron and gets an interference penalty. On second thought, I agree with the call. Kozlov should of slightly distanced himself from the net and avoided being pushed by Timmonen.

-Go Wild!

Thoughts on tonight's games

-The Bruins did not want to begin their golf season yet. I'm not that surprised that they won. I'm hoping the Habs bounce back during Saturday's game and play the full 60 minutes with all they got because the Bruins do not want to go down 3 times to the Habs.

-What kind of BS call against Kozlov (I think it was him). He gets pushed by a Flyer onto Biron and gets an interference penalty. On second thought, I agree with the call. Kozlov should of slightly distanced himself from the net and avoided being pushed by Timmonen.

-Go Wild!

he didn't even have a split second to react. but since the caps killed off the penalty, no worries.

Huge win for the Flyers, Mike Knuble I love you.....ok that being said, I think we FINALLY got the better end of the calls. The penalty on Kozlov at the end of the 3rd, I wouldnt have made that call. No goal as a result so its kind of a moot point now. I thought the Flyers were dead in the water. Either way, Ill take it.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Huge win for the Flyers, Mike Knuble I love you.....ok that being said, I think we FINALLY got the better end of the calls. The penalty on Kozlov at the end of the 3rd, I wouldnt have made that call. No goal as a result so its kind of a moot point now. I thought the Flyers were dead in the water. Either way, Ill take it.

We did finally get the better end of the calls, for the most part (they were both ways, though), but it's far from even. At least game 1 is in the disant past. This would have been a 4-0 sweep had we not gotten screwed.

Went to the Wild game tonight. That was a classic case of how to dominate 40 minutes, make two mistakes in the third, and lose a game. Jeebus.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Well...Bill Simmons rediscovered the Bruins....ensuring their loss last night.

The Montreal Police Department thanks you, Bill. :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Went to the Wild game tonight. That was a classic case of how to dominate 40 minutes, make two mistakes in the third, and lose a game. Jeebus.

That was nothing compared to Game 6 in Denver. The last thing I would ever have expected a team down by a goal after two periods in an elimination game to do is phone in the third period, but that's pretty much what the Wild did. Instead of using all that muscle they've acquired this season to clear a path to the net, create more scoring chances and make Theodore beat them by himself, they basically played dump-and-chase the whole time, taking most of their shots from beyond the faceoff dots and watching them hit traffic before they got anywhere near the goal.

For the first time I find myself not minding if Jacques Lemaire decides not to come back for next season (which, from what I gather, is now a significant possibility), or even if the core of the team gets blown up and rebuilt (another significant possibility, with the aging Brian Rolston and Pavol Demitra becoming free agents and Marian Gaborik set to become one in '09).

The only silver lining in the Wild's playoff underachievement? It means the Swarm, who are closing in on home-turf throughout the NLL playoffs, will no longer have to compete with them for playoff dates at Xcel Energy Center.

CCSLC signature.png

The Wild really are the Devils of the West :P

:cry:

Joffrey Lupul scores in OT to send the Flyers on to face the Habs! (And the Pens to meet the Rangers.)

Overheard during the postgame: The Caps' PA guy telling the fans, "We will be back next year... see you then." What, was the team in danger of moving or going under or something?

CCSLC signature.png

Joffrey Lupul scores in OT to send the Flyers on to face the Habs! (And the Pens to meet the Rangers.)

Overheard during the postgame: The Caps' PA guy telling the fans, "We will be back next year... see you then." What, was the team in danger of moving or going under or something?

Thats just something to say when you are eliminated I guess.

Flyers vs Habs ugh

Go Habs Go

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived