2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

Surprised how nobody posted anything about the f'd up riot that occured right after the game.

(sorry about the french)

It makes all Habs fans look bad and as one myself, I think it would be better without all of this unnessesary violence. I was not down town when this happenned, I was at home watching the game. What I hope everybody can see here is that most acts of violence are NOT caused by the fans who Just left the Bell Center. Sure most of the people were honking their cars, waving their flags and screaming in the streets, but no damage to any propreties. Some losers just take this as an oppurtunity to do idiotic acts and perhaps they don't even like hockey. That's how I see it. I hear alot of crap like stupid Montrealers and stuff, and it's sad that even I might be considered a criminal, when all I wanted to do was have a good time.

This is only the first round, Imagine what will happen if they keep winning rounds?? It's like, nearby shop owners of downtown Montreal basically have to hope the Canadiens lose because if they don't, they might find an unpleasant surprise the next morning when they arrive at work.

Well, I guess ever since Montreal went ape :censored: when they last won the Cup, most people weren't too surprised. It's almost as if it's becoming a fact of life. Montreal wins something of magnitude, people up there go bananas.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surprised how nobody posted anything about the f'd up riot that occured right after the game.

(sorry about the french)

It makes all Habs fans look bad and as one myself, I think it would be better without all of this unnessesary violence. I was not down town when this happenned, I was at home watching the game. What I hope everybody can see here is that most acts of violence are NOT caused by the fans who Just left the Bell Center. Sure most of the people were honking their cars, waving their flags and screaming in the streets, but no damage to any propreties. Some losers just take this as an oppurtunity to do idiotic acts and perhaps they don't even like hockey. That's how I see it. I hear alot of crap like stupid Montrealers and stuff, and it's sad that even I might be considered a criminal, when all I wanted to do was have a good time.

This is only the first round, Imagine what will happen if they keep winning rounds?? It's like, nearby shop owners of downtown Montreal basically have to hope the Canadiens lose because if they don't, they might find an unpleasant surprise the next morning when they arrive at work.

Well, I guess ever since Montreal went ape :censored: when they last won the Cup, most people weren't too surprised. It's almost as if it's becoming a fact of life. Montreal wins something of magnitude, people up there go bananas.

It's the water I tells ya. Those Montrealiens are crazy mother :censored: ers.

Hi, how are you?

Agent/lawyer Mike Gillis has been hired by the Canucks to be the new GM.

What the heck were they thinking? An agent...with no front office experience...the agent of Markus Naslund...now the GM of the Canucks.

Just. Great.

Joffrey Lupul scores in OT to send the Flyers on to face the Habs! (And the Pens to meet the Rangers.)

Overheard during the postgame: The Caps' PA guy telling the fans, "We will be back next year... see you then." What, was the team in danger of moving or going under or something?

This means something to the fans who had to wait five years between playoff births. They're saying that the caps will be back and better next season.

By the way those refs were complete pices of sh***. not just the secound philly goal, but they missed so many philly penalties it was disgusting.

Cry me a river. The second goal was completely legal. Thor wrecked the d-man who was playing the puck. As for BAD calls, I'll give you that. Guess what? The Caps got HOSED! and I'm the first to admit it. But you know what else I am the first to admit? That the Flyers got two games cheated away from them in this series. If game one hadn't had been a Washington love fest, this would have been over in 4. But the series is over, and now the "classy" Caps fans can have fun tossing **** onto whatever golf course Ovechkin goes diving... I mean playing... at.

All I have to say is PHEW!!!!! Both the Flyers and Sharks moved on to the second round, that doesn't happen in hockey for me too often. That series agains't the Stars series is gonna be a barn burner, but I think the Sharks will be OK. And for some reason I feel that Philly can overtake the Habs, especially considering Montreal hasn't played their best lately. And I think the Pens and Rangers are gonna beat the crap outta each other, so if I'm lucky we might get to see what the finals should've been in 04.

You have more confidence than me. I am just happy that the boys overcame two wins by the officials and one win by the Craps (as well as some olympic calibur diving from Ovechkin) to pull it out in seven. I'm sniffing a swift sweep by the Canadiens in this series, so at least I won't be disappointed when they ultimately lose.

Thank God.

Now, for at least the rest of these playoffs, we don't have to hear any more about how wild and crazy that "C of Red" is in the Saddledome, and how the Flames are such a gritty hard working team and how they are everyone's sympathetic underdog that they want to go all the way.

NO. MORE.

Granted, it was only a first round win. I am looking forward to rekindling the heated rivalry with Dallas.

Yeah, geez, what the hell got up Roenick's ass last night?

4 points on the night, they chased Kipper....that's awesome.

(sorry about the french)

Rioting after the first round?

I thought Canadiens fans were knowledgeable this is quite embarassing.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

(sorry about the french)

Rioting after the first round?

I thought Canadiens fans were knowledgeable this is quite embarassing.

Surely you jest.

Hi, how are you?

I think its dumb to judge an entire fan base over the stupid actions of several idiots.....no matter what fan base were talking about. The Caps fans who threw stuff on the ice last nite? Idiotic, stupid, and classless. But that was probably only about 1-2% of the people there.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Could someone excuse me while I jump off a bridge. (retroactive to last night)

:censored: the Habs. They can go to hell.

As I advanced earlier, your wrath is more profitably directed at one Bill Simmons, who karmically ensured the postseason demise of yet another Boston team with an over the top rah rah column yesterday. :P

What will Montreal do if they win this coming series?

Heck...would there be a Montreal if they win the Stanley Cup?

You know, I actually saw/read that article the day after. Couldn't do anything but slap myself on the head. :P

I'm with this fella.

ha see now I'm the complete opposite

now

:censored: the rangers, Flyers, Penguins. They can go to hell.

There are going to be lots of unhappy people on these boards

I'm with this fella.

ha see now I'm the complete opposite

now

:censored: the rangers, Flyers, Penguins. They can go to hell.

There are going to be lots of unhappy people on these boards

:censored: hockey.

Hi, how are you?

Archived