2007-08 NHL Season Thread

Viper

Dallas lives!! 2-1.

Ladies and gentleman we have a series.

If the Stars somehow are able to pull out a comeback, then the Stanley Cup Finals could be much better for the pens, should they make it.

Not to take anything away from Dallas, theyre a great team, but I think the pens would have less trouble against them than the Red Wings, The Pens have actually faced the Stars before this season, The pens would have home ice advantage, and it would be hard for the Pens to underestimate a team that came back form being down 3-0 against the best team in the NHL.

On the other hand, it could be bad. Dallas could prove to be far more than theyve seemed, even during these playoffs.

Either way, it would have a nice little "(somewhat of a) rematch of 1991" storyline to it.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Turco 38 saves in Detroit.

We now go back home and now have a series.

GO STARS!

I smell a history making game 7 in the near future. Not nessasarely a Dallas victory, but definitely a game 7.

Kirk Maltby attempted to throw the game puck over the glass, but was stopped by McReary. Why would you do that? Turco has finally beaten his hometown team , give him the puck.

Ugh I only want a 3-0 upset if the Flyers can do the same.

Hi, how are you?

Kirk Maltby attempted to throw the game puck over the glass, but was stopped by McReary. Why would you do that? Turco has finally beaten his hometown team , give him the puck.

Hometown team? Turco is from Ontario... not Michigan...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Didn't he play at University of Michigan?

saBS.png

Didn't he play at University of Michigan?

Yah that's what I meant. My bad.

Hi, how are you?

Either way, it would have a nice little "(somewhat of a) rematch of 1991" storyline to it.

I was excited about that, too, when the conference finals began.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

GO STARS!

I smell a history making game 7 in the near future. Not nessasarely a Dallas victory, but definitely a game 7.

If you're up 3-0 and you have to go to a Game 7 to close them out, you're not gonna close them out. If Dallas extends this to 7, they're going to the Finals.

GO STARS!

If you're up 3-0 and you have to go to a Game 7 to close them out, you're not gonna close them out. If Dallas extends this to 7, they're going to the Finals.

That's what the Belleville Bulls thought last week.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Crosby looks like he has crap smeared under his nose. You know, an elongated Hitler. :D

GYI0051985668051819_lower.jpg

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Much like when the Steelers won their conference championship two years ago, this will not completely hit me for a couple more hours...then, the anxious waiting for the other series to finish and the next to begin shall start.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

I was shocked when the game ended to be honest with you, it was no where as loud as I'd expected it to be. We'll see how loud it is when they win the cup.
To be fair to the crowd, it's kind of tough being so loud after the game when the result was in no doubt after the second period. It was out of reach for awhile and it's hard to just kick it up all the way after not really being too emotional in the 3rd knowing the game was over. If they had won 3-2 or something, then the crowd would have been at maximum loudness.

And Versus and NBC execs are drinking celebratory drinks tonight.....

If the ratings for Pittsburgh-West Champ don't surpass last year's Anaheim-Ottawa TV draw, then folks can start commenting on the NHL's poor TV ratings. ESPN and NBC/Versus have suffered the last three seasons, having a Canadian representative in the Cup Final.

And Versus and NBC execs are drinking celebratory drinks tonight.....

If the ratings for Pittsburgh-West Champ don't surpass last year's Anaheim-Ottawa TV draw, then folks can start commenting on the NHL's poor TV ratings. ESPN and NBC/Versus have suffered the last three seasons, having a Canadian representative in the Cup Final.

They'll foam at the mouth at the numbers coming for Euro Cup, then.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived