Postseason MLB uniforms.............

simpsontide

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that MLB should make all the teams in the postseason wear their home whites and away grays. Personally I can't stand the softball look with the Rockies in black and Indians in navy all (or most of the time). Thoughts?

If the Indians and Rockies get to the World Series, chances are good that home whites and road greys won't appear at all.

I say if the Sox and Rockies make it to the World Series, Game 1 should feature the red Red Sox alternates and the Rockies in their black vests.

Worst. World Series uni combo. Ever.

I think that MLB should make all the teams in the postseason wear their home whites and away grays.

If a team wears their alt uniform a certain way/time all season, then I think they should continue to do that for the playoffs .

If there was a postseason uniform rule, it should be that a team must pick a uniform for home/away games and keep it for the series. It was silly when the Astro wore a different uniform combo for every game during an '05 playoff series. That is just overkill.

i love the colored uniforms

i love the black shirts with the penstripe pants.

thats why they invented color tv's, too get rid of the blah grey and white

The MLB allows teams to have colored uniforms during the reg. season so why would they limit what they can wear for the playoffs? I'm sorry you don't like colored unis, but I can't wait to see DBacks Sedona Red in the playoffs.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I think that MLB should make all the teams in the postseason wear their home whites and away grays. Personally I can't stand the softball look with the Rockies in black and Indians in navy all (or most of the time). Thoughts?

i think the Alts should be allowed to be worn. i think it adds a bit of veraity in the mix. i hate how all baseball teams look almost alike, with the lack of color combinations, intials used on ball caps and over usage of white and grey uniforms. i am an Indians fan, i love the navy set. my only complaint about them is that they dont say Cleveland on them any more.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

Hey, as long as they don't ever allow throwbacks to be worn in a championship series I'm happy.

If they want to wear the same raggedy looking black or navy jerseys the whole time, then more power to them....so long as they wash the dirty things.

every team should get 3 uniforms and 3 hats

home

away

alternate

they can wear alt at home or on the road

and no more for that season

if they do a throwback it has to be approved by the league for throwback night

I think that MLB should make all the teams in the postseason wear their home whites and away grays.

If a team wears their alt uniform a certain way/time all season, then I think they should continue to do that for the playoffs .

If there was a postseason uniform rule, it should be that a team must pick a uniform for home/away games and keep it for the series. It was silly when the Astro wore a different uniform combo for every game during an '05 playoff series. That is just overkill.

Well, they did follow their own team-set uniform rules that year. White pinstripes for weeknight games, white alt for home Saturday games, brick home alt for home Sundays, grey for road games, brick road alt for away Sundays. They didn't blow that rule off until Majestic introduced COOLBASE and only gave them the COOLBASE set in the brick alt aways jerseys.

The Rockies have been wearing the black vests for luck the last six games. That seems more silly than anything the Astros did.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I think I could live with that.

Jeez, with 162+ games a year for each MLB team, what's wrong with a little color?? Home whites and road grays is a concept as old as indoor plumbing.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Jeez, with 162+ games a year for each MLB team, what's wrong with a little color?? Home whites and road grays is a concept as old as indoor plumbing.

And yet I don't imagine you're using an outhouse just for the sake of variety. :P

Anyway, there are a number of completely totalitarian uniform-related rules I would lay down if I were commissioner of baseball. This isn't one of them. I don't want the league to mandate that teams must wear their best, real uniforms for the playoffs. I want teams to understand on their own why they should want to look their best for the playoffs. And, frankly, none of the teams in the playoffs now looks their best in an alternate. But if team management decides they want to be ugly, then that's their right. Sometimes, you just have to let stupid be stupid.

(However, several of my totalitarian rules would come into play. First, if the home team chooses to wear a dark or solid-color jersey, the visiting team would have the option of playing as the home team, batting last each inning. Second, only one team in a game would be allowed to wear a solid-colored jersey. If the home team opts for a solid-color jersey, then the road team must wear neutral-color jerseys that match their road pants. If the home team wears white, then the road team may wear solid-color jerseys. Third, umpires would be required to wear shirts and/or jackets that visibly contrast with both teams. That means that if the Rockies choose to wear their space-cadet black vests, then the umpires may not wear black or dark blue, and they definitely may not wear black jackets with space-cadet stripes around the shoulders.)

20082614447.png

every team should get 3 uniforms and 3 hats

home

away

alternate

they can wear alt at home or on the road

and no more for that season

if they do a throwback it has to be approved by the league for throwback night

1. You tend to make very little sense whenever you post. This can probably be attributed to your terrible grammar and lack of punctuation and capitalization.

2. Certain teams, such as the Yankees, the Tigers, and the Cubs, shouldn't have an alternate uniform because, due to their classic uniforms and color schemes, it just plain wouldn't work.

3. Every team should have three hats? Certain teams don't have enough colors in their color scheme to produce three unique caps (Dodgers & Yankees come to mind).

4. Teams should be allowed to decide how many jerseys and caps they have and when they are worn. If they want to wear them in the post-season (like in the NBA), then let them. It should be up to them.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

2. Certain teams, such as the Yankees, the Tigers, and the Cubs, shouldn't have an alternate uniform because, due to their classic uniforms and color schemes, it just plain wouldn't work.

I agree. And yet the Cubs did it for so long... thankfully that's over. For now. Hated it at home. Blue could work on the road with an update.

As far as the two teams playing in the NLCS, I have no problem with either of them wearing what they wear. They are teams of the 1990s and pretty much anything they wear is era-appropriate. Classic whites and grays -- or color unis. So the Rockies have vests with matching sleeves.. well, they've found their signature look it seems.

I don't expect them to get rid of it now that they've had this late-season success in them. Who knows, maybe another team will add shoulder piping now... or color-on-color vests (the Rockies gave up on those purple undershirts too fast).

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be a mistake to have the Red Sox wear the red in the postseason, but Colorado and Arizona don't look wrong to me in black or brick. I think there's a place for variety.

First, if the home team chooses to wear a dark or solid-color jersey, the visiting team would have the option of playing as the home team, batting last each inning.

Ok, you could make a case for your other personal rules, but this one makes no sense at all. What connection could uniform color possibly have with home-away batting order?

Archived