Bills Package

rtrich11

This isn?t the most original Bills logo and helmet, and it?s not meant to be. It?s more of a response to fans who really love the old throwbacks set who aren?t going to get it in that exact state. The standing, red buffalo is a bore. The current one has about run its course. So here?s giving the old-school folks some love, but giving a little bit of action to the mix.

I?m thinking of doing a more modern interpretation of the whole thing, maybe in a few days. Maybe add a fourth color for zip. I dunno.

BillsRichards2.jpg

Not a bad job with the new logo, except for the red part. What is that? I cannot tell. I think maybe your wordmark could be a little more like the older one, but I could live with it.

Can't wait to see a jersey concept.

I think you need to make the red spot on the buffalo look more like an accent, and less like a mysterious blob. But other than that it's pretty good. If it were me, I'd darken the blue so it's not as dark as their jerseys today, but still darker than royal, and maybe incorporate nickel-grey in there somewhere.

Agree with the other posts....this would look fantastic to me if it didn't look like the buffalo just got shot in the hip and it was angled up a little better (you've got his front hooves off the ground as if he's jumping- but he's parallel to the ground.....either make him jump or make his footsies flat too.)

jongarlanduj6.jpg

Not a bad job with the new logo, except for the red part. What is that? I cannot tell. I think maybe your wordmark could be a little more like the older one, but I could live with it.

Can't wait to see a jersey concept.

The red part is the rump roast, and a few strip steaks.

Thank you, thank you.

Anyway, I really like the start of this. I agree with making the red part more of an accent. For the jerseys, most people's solutions is a modestly (if at all) updated version of the Jim Kelly era unis. I'd like to see something possibly inspired by those, but taken in a new direction. I look forward to seeing them.

aw poor buffalo got shot and is bleeding profusely. Oh the humanity of it all. Really though the red spot doesn't look good but great attempt!!!

I actually thought the same thing. Beat me by 90 minutes!

That said, this is going to be one of the finer Bills designs when all is said and done. Maybe by shaping the red into some sort of rough contour of the buffalo's body or to define musculsature rather than just be there, the red would serve better purpose? Or what about adding the nickel to serve as a shadowing color, and let the red be eyes, horns, or both?

If the logo can look this good, I'm dying to see how you can improve upon the slop the Bills are forced to wear most weeks.

EDIT: Scrap the part about red horns. White horns work better.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

The red part is the rump roast, and a few strip steaks.

Thank you, thank you.

I was gonna make a joke about a t-bone... dammit.

I guess I don't have anything to say that hasn't already been said... make the red part look more like an accent and less like you're advertising a butcher shop.

as a Bills fan, I love that color scheme. The buffalo as it is now, somewhat reminds me of the denver drunken horse, would love to see that buffalo in charge mode, right now, it looks like he is getting ready to rear up. Lower the head and figure out what to do with the red spot and you may have a winner. Maybe ditch the spot all together, use the nickel color to outline the buffalo and then a red outline around that.

The red part is where the hair is short on a buffalo. The front half is shaggy to just past the shoulders, then they are smooth-at least during the summer. Either way, I guess that doesn't communicate, so I'll work on it. I already had been toying with some highlights in red, but they weren't coming together yet. You'll see an update in a day or two.

nb-bison.jpg

The red part is where the hair is short on a buffalo. The front half is shaggy to just past the shoulders, then they are smooth-at least during the summer. Either way, I guess that doesn't communicate, so I'll work on it. I already had been toying with some highlights in red, but they weren't coming together yet. You'll see an update in a day or two.

nb-bison.jpg

maybe go with a subtle lighter shade of blue for that spot?

This is what I would do about the red spot on the logo:

-Change it to a lighter blue, so you get a two tone effect, and it is less obvious than the giant red spot.

-Play with the placement of it, possibly placing it near the stomach?

Nice work though.

this seems like the route you should follow. maybe with a red outline around the buffalo. but nonetheless this is some great, clean work. Can't wait to see update and possibly unis..?

Archived