2007-2008 MLB Offseason Thread

Audiodrama

Scott Rolen wants a trade.

I'm all for it...provided the Cardinals get pitchers in exchange for him.

Bring him to the Giants since they need major help at third and first. Pete Happy (Pedro Feliz) is not the answer at all.

The Giants in addition to the Angels, Dodgers, and Brewers have all been mentioned as possible partners.

Its going to take the Cardinals a lot of cash to get rid of him (One blog mentioned 18 mil of the remaining 36 which seems right for me), but if you can get a good return its worth it I think.

If you could sign scott rolen for 3 years 18 million right now you'd take it right?

He's still a great defensive 3b, one of the best in the league. But his offense has obviously struggled. I think if the Cardinals will pay some of his salary, another team could make a play at him and it could work out for both clubs. He's coming off surgery so that's a concern, but its his non-throwing sholder, so he can still play awesome defense. Add to the fact that he's got it in him to be a offensive force.

I'd love the cardinals to keep him. But 36 million over the next 3 years is a lot to handle when you have obvious holes at starting pitching, and the fact that there is this stupid fued between him and LaRussa for the last 2 seasons.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you could sign scott rolen for 3 years 18 million right now you'd take it right?

He's still a great defensive 3b, one of the best in the league. But his offense has obviously struggled. I think if the Cardinals will pay some of his salary, another team could make a play at him and it could work out for both clubs. He's coming off surgery so that's a concern, but its his non-throwing sholder, so he can still play awesome defense. Add to the fact that he's got it in him to be a offensive force.

I wouldn't sign Rolen for $6 million a year just to possibly improve on defense.

Bring him to the Giants since they need major help at third and first. Pete Happy (Pedro Feliz) is not the answer at all.

The Giants in addition to the Angels, Dodgers, and Brewers have all been mentioned as possible partners.

Its going to take the Cardinals a lot of cash to get rid of him (One blog mentioned 18 mil of the remaining 36 which seems right for me), but if you can get a good return its worth it I think.

I'd love the cardinals to keep him. But 36 million over the next 3 years is a lot to handle when you have obvious holes at starting pitching, and the fact that there is this stupid fued between him and LaRussa for the last 2 seasons.

Geez...are the Angels mentioned in every trade rumor?

Geez...are the Angels mentioned in every trade rumor?

At least they seem to be active this offseason, as opposed to years past. Rather than relying on close ball games, hit and runs, and pitching, they're actually looking to bolster the offense. With Hunter in the lineup, and hopes of Kotch and Howie satying healthy, the Angels could be a fusion of small ball and homeruns.

Since when do the Cubs have money to spend? They must really *not* want that title drought of theirs to hit the century mark (which it will, of course, remember, these are the Cubs)

BTW, nice Deep Space Nine reference back on Page 9. Anybody know if Buck Bokai has been born yet? :)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

The Cubs have traded Jacque Jones to the Detroit Tigers for Omar Infante. Apparently, (based on the ESPN article, at least), Infante is incidental, and his inclusion in the trade is secondary to Jones leaving the Cubs.

In fact, Infante is arbatration elgiable, and could be non-tendered, making this a pure salary-dump for the Cubs (they have to pay the $1 million bonus owed to JJ).

Rumors have the Cubs hot on signing Japaniese FA (no posting fee) RF Kosuke Fukudome, and turning over the CF duties to Felix Pie...

Moose

If they do, I'm buying his jersey...immediately.

Looks like it's time to buy that Cubs jersey... Official Fukudome story from Cubs.com

Moose

Miguel Tejada to the Astros for five players:

link to story

Grrreat... can he pitch?

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

Archived