Washington Capitals Rebranding

GFB

Well, here is my Caps concept....

...I always liked the eagle themed Caps logos. The stick/wordmark logo just never did it for me. But I do like the red/blue color combo as opposed to the teal/black/gold scheme. So starting with that basis, I decided on a red/navy/gold/white color scheme. The flying eagle logo was a good logo, but I wanted to go in a new direction. So I tried something new; an eagle/star logo. A full profile bird is less common than a 3/4th's profile bird, so that's what I went with. The secondary logo features the capital dome, the letter W, and a star. The tertiary is there for the sake of being there (although it reminds me alot of the Blue Jackets). I really like the wordmark. I did try to put a stick in the wordmark, but I didn't like it...

Washington_Capitals_Logosheet.png

For the uniforms, I wanted to go modern, but not overly-modern. So it has some newer piping, but it still is rather reserved. I like the Agency font, so I kept it. The alternate is a little more simple and little busier...

Washington_Capitals_Uniforms.png

I tried to stay away from the Blue Jackets as best as I could, so I might just have to change them to diversify from this concept....

C&C as always!

GFB

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful!

This is pretty much perfect. The only thing is, i think, add some gold trim because it seems like the only gold is in the logos, and on the alt. Add a little gold trim to the home and road and this would be even more beautiful, IMO.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

you nailed it. the perfect Caps concept, no wordmark logo, a good strong eagle logo, some gold added in, not overly induced with stars. perfect.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

This kicks some serious ass. And you probably did it in much less time than they did to come up with their new crap. Impressive work.

But I will say that the tertiary logo reminds me of the Alpinestars mark:

brand.gif

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Everything looks great! I'm glad to see another concept from you. Your designs are great. The only thing I might make different in this one is not much at all. Try the secondary or tertiary logo on the blue third jersey. I look forward to your next concept. Hopefully sooner then later.

I like this. The addition of gold makes the colors unique in the NHL and reminds me of the Washington Nationals. The jerseys I think need a bit of gold just because it's in the logo. The tertiary logo imo is a bit weak, and I think you should have made the wordmark more like their new wordmark. The last thing is in the blue jersey there are too many red stars which are distracting.

Other than that this is great, what team are you going to do next?

espnsignq8.png

The collar does not match the piping/striping. The piping, while you call it piping, looks more like striping to me and not modern at all. The striping on the sleeves doesn't really fit in at all. It just looks "there" to me. The crest, while excellent, just doesn't say "Capitals" to me. I realize the current logo doesn't necessarily strongly convey the idea of "a Capital", but this is just says "Eagle" to me. It doesn't make me think of the name of the team. As for the alternate, I would switch the red and the white and use the "W" logo.

Wow that is nothing short of amazing.

The only thing that kinda didnt do it for me was the "W" on the capital (or capitol) it reminds me too much of the George W. Bush stickers from '04 that only said "W '04" like somebody else said Id also like to see the capitol with a big blocky "DC" instead.

14ilxq9.png

Hmmm...Im not sure what to say about this one. I like it, but it just looks different. I really cant say why. I could see the Caps using a uniform like that (especially that alt. OOOOO that is sweeeeet!!), But im not sure about the logos. Dont get the idea that I dont like them - I think that they are grade A work and incredible - I just dont know if the Caps would use them. Hmmm....ahhh I cant figure it out!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Archived