NFL Monochrome MADNESS!

tBBP

With nearly 12 full seasons completed since the switch in colors, I'm prepared to make a statement that I never thought I'd make:

Midnight Green > Kelly Green.

I feel a little dirty, but relieved that I finally got that off my chest.

aahhh

kelly green is my favorite color, and the eagles are my favorite team,

therefore the eagles should wear kelly green. because I obviously make the decisions in their front office. :wacko:

kelly green > midnight green

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First up...I present the red version...the San Francisco "bloodclot" look:

SF49ersredmono.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND...only because I know there are PLENTY out there who care curious as to what the Bucs would look like in head-to-toe pewter, I present, by way of my cousin, the "cannonball" look:

TBbucspewter.jpg

First off, I have to give Brandon tremendous props on all your Photoshop work in this thread. I've dabbled in it a number of times myself in the past and have absolutely nothing on you. Simply awesome! :notworthy:

Next, I'm totally feelin the Niners red monochromes. It reminds me a lot of Florida State and how they've done the red-on-red look in the past, which I really do like. I can't imagine San Francisco ever going with red pants, but would be kinda interesting to see in action. I am also shocked that I enjoy the Buccaneers pewters most of all. Since I believe there is some sort of league-wide ban on metallic or neutral colors in the NFL (unless you're the Patriots), these would never see the light of day. However, it's pretty sweet to see 'what could have been'.

6uXNWAo.png

Surprisingly, I don't hate the all-orange Bengals. It would probably look worse actually if the orange pants were paired with the other two jerseys. But what do I know, I'm one of the few bengals I know of that calls for the orange jerseys as the primaries.

PvO6ZWJ.png

What if you were to add their yellow pants to these? and sleeve stripes of course.

08_OTA_0612dh_foote_Defense_90806.jpg

Try page 6 next time...

Of course, there's also been long rumored a 3rd/alt yellow jersey. (I see people bracing themselves again!!!) Man...you wanna talk about a bumblebee look? Actually, I think it'd look kinda good, in a Grambling State Tigers kinda way. True, the Steelboyz might look like a bunch of mustard bottles running around, but--ah hell...why don't I just let James Harrison and Mr. Farrior show the (insert whatever you wanna call it) look to you, huh?

PITsteelersyellow.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

As for whoever's archiving these...so long as you give credit where credit's due, I don't care what you do...try something funny, though, and i will come find you. ^_^

Got some more for y'all...

...when last I left y'all, I believe I left eyes searing from an OD of orange, a couple people rather surprised at two teams dipped in black. Well...as we all know, roughly six years ago, there was a team (one of several) that, for the longest, was known by its royal blue and red color palette...probably because they did so with a red dome (one of only two NFL teams with a red helmet, by the way--and no i ain't couting burgundy here) paired with red socks. For some reason, however, said team decided to drank the navy-flavored kool-aid and outfit itself in the newest craze color of the time. Problem is, however, they kept the royal, even if only as a trim, and adopted a silverish (buffalo nickel?) color, to create a completely confused palette. Then, to make matters worse (for some), they decided to sip on whatever the Seahawks were sipping on that same year and become one of two NFL teams to prominently go mono for their home look--in this case, navy over navy.

But what if that same team were to flip that around...and emphasize the other color? Not royal...I mean RED?

You'd get something along the lines of--well, let Paul Posluzny show you:

BUFbillsred.jpg

(I know that one was kinda rough, but it ain't entirely easy tryna add bright color to a washed-out dark one.)

How y'all like that one? Well, guess what...I ain't though here yet.

Some of you have the boner of the world for the Bills' throwback set. Now, having said that...are you ready to see that look go mono? If so, then scroll below:

BUFbillstbblue.jpg

Now...what if one were to flip that one around? Well then...you might end up with something like, say, THIS:

BUFbillstbred.jpg

And that, I believe, is all I have for now...and possibly period, unless I can think up some other scheme for some team i ain't done yet. (And no i don't see the reason or purpose in doing an all-orange Browns set when the team's named the BROWNS...but if someone else wants to take a crack at it, then have at it.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Bills throwbacks are marvelous retina-scorching testaments to the evil practices of those who would attack our brains with PhotoShop.

Fixed that for you. :D

Surely you speak of the red ones. The blue ones are great. Give off an Oilers vibe to me.

In Madden I noticed the 49ers having an all GOLD monochrome uniform and the Bears with an orange jersey with blue pants...has either of these teams actually worn these combinations in a game?

Wow...just commenting on the Browns monochrome set. After initially seeing the brown pants in Madden I absolutely hated them! Now. looking at the concept you drew up with the monochrome brown...for some crazy reason I really like it. I like the stripes on the brown pants you added and the over all look is good...I suprise myself by even saying that but nice work!

I have to vote for the CHargers monochrome DARK blue over the powder blue...while I love the powder blue jersey, when you combine it with powder blue pants it somehow brings back memories of the Houston Oilers

Well, allow Shawne Merriman to show you...

Sdchargersblue.jpg

Actually...I don't think it's that bad!

Oh...I ain't forgot about you Powder Fanatics out there. Allow LT to display the look in all it's powder-and-lightning glory:

Sdchargerspowder.jpg

SHOCKING, huh??? :P

And oh yes..how's about some more "bloodclot beauty"? This one here comes courtesy of the Chefs, as shown by Tony Gonzalez:

KCchiefsred.jpg

(Yes--the [mis]spelling was intentional...maybe only a few people will understand the joke behind that.)

And now we move from THAT dark mono to a much tamer dark mono, courtesy of the Blue Horsemen of Indiana:

INDcoltsblue.jpg

Nice...in a New York Jets "Gang Green" sort of way. (Personal perspective will determine whether that is a good thing or not...)

Stay tuned...there's more to come in the work of Dark Mono!!!

NEXT UP...THE COWBOYD OF "BIG D"

OUCH! wow that Dolphin all orange is downright painful to even look at. Fans across the country would be committing suicide trying in vain to adjust their expensive high def tvs to make those look even viewable.

Archived