NFL Monochrome MADNESS!

tBBP

...and that next takes us up to Baltimore, where Steve McNair (talk about a "legend" in a "wrong uniform") shows us how the Ravens would look if they were to ever adopt purple pants, resulting in the "Violent Violet" look we'd see here:

BALravenspurple-1.jpg

********************************************************************************

Let's journey on down to D.C. now, for a dark mono combo (or two) many have been waiting for, for different reasons.

Yes...we all know many of the different uniform snafus the 'Skins have had lately were teh direct result of one Clinton Portis, but that ain't to say that Mr. Sean Taylor (may he be resting in peace) wasn't guilty of a few. And speaking of Mr. Taylor, why don't we allow him to show us all how a totally burgundy'd out Redskins uniform would look:

WSHredskinsburgundy.jpg

And, since Mr. Clinton Portis wants to be Mr. Flashy on the 'Skins, I'll let him be the subject of a mono most probably hope they'll NEVER see (unless you're familiar with Bethune-Cookman College, whose colors and a previous uniform set are very similar)...the "Mustard" look:

WSHredskinsgold.jpg

Quite flashy, indeed.

********************************************************************************

And so now we move on from the Redskins on to the--yes..the Saints of NOLA. And really, there's only one combo we haven't seen with them before. We've seen both pieces of this mono used before, but never together, and so here (this one's ESPECIALLY for you, Russ, Cav, and BD81...if you're still out there somewhere) I give you, courtesy of one Reggie Bush...the "Golden Crusaders":

NOsaintsgold.jpg

Likes?

Stay tuned...this ain't quite done juuuuuuuussst yet...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where was I? Oh...the Saints.

Well...let's now move on up to the Puget Sound and visit the Seahawks, in all their "Puget Slate" glory.

A while ago, I did a couple NFL concepts for the Seattle Seahawks, one of which was a "Seahawks SHOCKERS" concept in which the lime green was prominently feautured. (I can see some of you bracing yourselves now... ^_^ ) Well...let's take that concept a good bit further, and through the magic of Photoshop Phantasies, turn that into a full-blown Seahawk Shocker look, shall we?

SEAseahawkslime-1.jpg

I PROMISE you the 'Hawks would definitely be the most visible team in the NFL if they EVER had the balls to do that in real life. And you wanna talk about merch sales? It wouldn't even be CLOSE.

Anyway, back during the royal/kelly/silver-domed Seahawks era, I always wondered how the 'Hawks would look if they had blue pants.

Well...in keeping with the context of this thread...

SEAseahawksroyal.jpg

Now...what if that script got flipped and the 'Hawks decided to experiment with all GREEN???

SEAseahawkskelly-1.jpg

How' bout THAT?!

And so, from that, we go back east, to the city outside which I currently reside. Steeltown USA. I don't think I'm the only one who's head rumors that the Steelers were considering adding black pants to their wardrobe. If that were to happen, then the possible result would be a Steelers Blackout look, as seen by Mr. Santonio Holmes here:

PITsteelersblack-1.jpg

Of course, there's also been long rumored a 3rd/alt yellow jersey. (I see people bracing themselves again!!!) Man...you wanna talk about a bumblebee look? Actually, I think it'd look kinda good, in a Grambling State Tigers kinda way. True, the Steelboyz might look like a bunch of mustard bottles running around, but--ah hell...why don't I just let James Harrison and Mr. Farrior show the (insert whatever you wanna call it) look to you, huh?

PITsteelersyellow.jpg

How y'all like that???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Well, y'all...only because the Texans beat me to it (and, due to technical difficulties, the Minnesota Vikings), there's no need to paste up dark mono mock-ups of the Texans and the Vikings.

I really do hope you all have enjoyed this odyssey into the world of dark mono. And don't doubt that we'll see some of these combos pop up in the NFL sometime soon. It's a changing uniform world these days...even the more tradition squads might get a bit, uh, "creative". And we may even see some combos in real life I never mocked up here. In any event...I'm sure that this tour has now opened many a eyeball to the whole of the mono craze...and like I said, don't doubt that we'll see some of these in real life.

Although...I am sad to say...there is ONE combo I know for certain we'll never see in real life...and it pained me to even do this mockup, only because I SEVERELY miss the actual uniforms, the team, as well as the name (and I think old-time Houstonians might agree with me):

HOUoilersblue.jpg

See y'all lata!!!

while i don't care for the monochrome golds of the Rams and Saints, they could however pull off a gold alternate which paired with blue for the rams and black for the saints, would look pretty sweet. same for the 49ers who also could pull off a gold alternate provided they balance them out with red.

of all the all black monochromes i've seen actually on the field and in concept here, the steelers are the only team that seem to pull it off and make it look pretty nice. Honestly the all black steelers isn't that horrendous of a look. i actually kinda like it. weird.

The patriots red coat look is overkill however, it does reinforce the need for a red jersey. I know about the historical inaccuracies BUT a red patriots alternate looks much nicer than a silver alternate that looks almost white. Its the same with the silver cowboys and lions. Which i think proves while making an excellent trim and pants color, it doesn't translate well in to primary jersey color especially light colors of silver. The only silverish gold type of color that does work though is the Bucs pewter, which i think would make an awsome alternate. They probably would need to pair it with red or even that all pewter is perverse enough to work.

The mustard golds of the skins and steelers look gross. I don't want to see that on the field. my eyes couldn't take that.

i do thank Bucco for this thread, while the monochrome is madness which is expected, it does open the doors for potential non-monochrome alts that we haven't seen but could look nice on the field.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

OH?and just because someone asked about it before?

NEpatriotsoldred-1.jpg

Satisfied now??? ^_^

So let?s move on now?

Bucco...you just made my week. :D

Thanks so much for the Pat Patriot AOC. I had actually taken to drawing red pants on some of my old Patriots cards (I need to buy Photoshop, for real) to see what it would look like, but your rendition is obviously far superior.

This was a great thread, and bucco, you are a talented man. Don't forget about us little guys when you blow up big B)

Okay?here we go! Back to these again?

?When last I left you all, I believe the last thing most people remember is an Ericcson cellphone blue experience like nann ?notha?and so now let?s move on.

Up to Massachusetts, that is.

Many people have made their discontent for (or, at the very least, the pointlessness of), the New England Patriots silver 3rd/alt. Many have said it?s really nothing more than just a ?dirty white?. (Hmm?dirty white, dirty water?could be a connection there.) In either way, thought it?d be fun to see how that silver would look if it carried on down to the pants, too. So here you all are, so named for what it looks like the Flying elvis is doing?your ?Silver Streaker? Patriots:

NEpatriotssilver-1.jpg

Shiny, huh?

Then there?s been talk of the Patriots perhaps adopting a new red 3rd/alt, to harken back to the days of Pat Patriot. (Speaking of which--well, just hold on?you?ll see.) Well?what if the Pats went and did that?then went the rest of the way with it? ?Bloodclot Patriots?? Ehhh?

NEpatriotsred.jpg

Don?t say you never saw it before!

OH?and just because someone asked about it before?

NEpatriotsoldred-1.jpg

Satisfied now??? ^_^

So let?s move on now?

The Pats all silver would look awesome if the silver jerseys actually looked that good IMO...and if you were going for their current silvers, then the inner outline on the numbers should actually be white...just a nitpick.

GBpackersyellow.jpg

Quite "cheesy" indeed. (Pretty much like every post I've written in this thread so far, which was my intention, so allow me to apologize now for causing such discomfort to he who feels pain as he reads these posts... :P )

I'll probably get lynched by every other Packers fan for saying this, but... I actually like these. The middle sleeve stripes need to be changed from yellow to white though.

GBpackersyellow.jpg

Quite "cheesy" indeed. (Pretty much like every post I've written in this thread so far, which was my intention, so allow me to apologize now for causing such discomfort to he who feels pain as he reads these posts... :P )

I'll probably get lynched by every other Packers fan for saying this, but... I actually like these. The middle sleeve stripes need to be changed from yellow to white though.

consider yourself lynched.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

I've been reading and viewing this thread from beginning to end Anyways just a few things that came to mind.

1. I like the all green Packers look though it reminds me of the Edmonton Eskimos when they go mono.

2. Royal Rams uniform looks SA-WEEET!

3. Same goes for the Pat Patriot mono look. In fact I think it would look even better in person then photoshopped.

4. I swear to God i've seen the Redskins go all burgundy once! Maybe it was just a vivid dream. I think that look would be quite sharp.

4. I swear to God i've seen the Redskins go all burgundy once! Maybe it was just a vivid dream. I think that look would be quite sharp.

I was thinking the same thing...prior to the second Joe Gibbs era, maybe...I vaguely recall watching a game in which the 'skins wore the all-burgundy uni, and thought to myself "oh no, not them too..."

Then again, maybe we had the same dream :wacko:

OHHHHHHH MAN! I need photoshop.........

anyways, I think this is really creative and they look really cool. Of course, theres some like the coral, coral n' aqua, and the coral n' white Dolphins that should never even hit a city league field, then theres some like the all black Panthers that actually look really nice (I've actually been thinking of how cool that would look for a few years now.) Great work BuccoB.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Just because I got enough PM's about it...

...for whoever it was that requested (or should I say, CHALLENGED ME TO :D ) a "Mustard Norsemen" look...you asked for it!

MINvikingsyellow.jpg

And...only because I had the image stashed in my files for so long and completely skipped over it, I decided to go on ahead and do this one here for all the nostaljacks still in love with Veterans Stadium as well as that whole era of pigskin in the City of Brotherly Love. (Speaking of which...has ANYONE around here heard from or does anyone know anything about VitaminD's whereabouts???)

(Oh--and those with an acute sense of detail might pick out a certain detail about this photo that might rack a brain or two, cuz it damn sho racked mine in trying to remember about it. To steal Paul Lukas' coined acronym...it comes in the form of a NOB.)

Kelly, kelly...kelly....

PHLeagleskelly.jpg

Okay...NOW the dark mono craze is complete. (Or will be if someone guts up the gumption to mock up an Orange Tigers Bengals set. That's one pic I don't have one of. And of by the way...there's something like 119 D1--or FBS or whatever it is these days--teams. Ain't no way in the hell Imma get through all those...sorry. I got other stuff to do...like, future NFL and NCAA concepts, ya know? ^_^ )

Archived