NFL Monochrome MADNESS!

tBBP

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just because I got enough PM's about it...

...for whoever it was that requested (or should I say, CHALLENGED ME TO :D ) a "Mustard Norsemen" look...you asked for it!

MINvikingsyellow.jpg

And...only because I had the image stashed in my files for so long and completely skipped over it, I decided to go on ahead and do this one here for all the nostaljacks still in love with Veterans Stadium as well as that whole era of pigskin in the City of Brotherly Love. (Speaking of which...has ANYONE around here heard from or does anyone know anything about VitaminD's whereabouts???)

(Oh--and those with an acute sense of detail might pick out a certain detail about this photo that might rack a brain or two, cuz it damn sho racked mine in trying to remember about it. To steal Paul Lukas' coined acronym...it comes in the form of a NOB.)

Kelly, kelly...kelly....

PHLeagleskelly.jpg

Okay...NOW the dark mono craze is complete. (Or will be if someone guts up the gumption to mock up an Orange Tigers Bengals set. That's one pic I don't have one of. And of by the way...there's something like 119 D1--or FBS or whatever it is these days--teams. Ain't no way in the hell Imma get through all those...sorry. I got other stuff to do...like, future NFL and NCAA concepts, ya know? ^_^ )

Ah, young one. You accepted my Vikings challenge...

And am glad to say you passed it with flying colors. (ha! get it? colors? monochromes? :D )

And as for the Seahawks all-greens, I think it looks good due to you toning down the brightness of the neon. It's slightly flatter or a tad darker, I guess you could say. Not really sure how to phrase it, really. But it's this slight change that makes that look work.

Kudos, my good man. And kudos again.

With nearly 12 full seasons completed since the switch in colors, I'm prepared to make a statement that I never thought I'd make:

Midnight Green > Kelly Green.

I feel a little dirty, but relieved that I finally got that off my chest.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't believe that all of the monochrome uniforms have been put up. What about an all Orange Bengals and Browns team. The all blue dolphins team from the blue uniforms they had years ago and an all black Buccaneers and Cardinals uniform. Or a yellow Cardinals uniforms.

Just some ideas

• 5 months later...

Yeah...I brought this bad boy back from the rear!

After going back through this here thread--and reminiscing of the memories I had in putting it together--I realized that there were a few that I wanted to paste up the first time...and never did. SO...here we go, once more, into the world of NFL monochrome madness. (And for those of you who missed this Photoshop Phantasies adventure the first time around, feel free to run back through here and experience the whole of this here phenomenon.)

During my first go-through in this here series, I purposely skipped pasting up an all-orange set of the Cincinnati Bengals. The funny thing, though, is that more than several people kept asking about it (including the guy who posted above me here). Well...the only thing imma say to you all is...be careful what you wish for.

Y'all ready for it?

Are you SURE???

Okay, then...here it is!

CINbengalsorange.jpg

Many people have inquired and fantasized, even pasted up concepts, of the Arizona Cardinals in--wait for it--black.

Well...here's one that the man formerly known as PANTONE oughtta like. ^_^

The Arizona Blackbirds, people...

AZcardinalsblack.jpg

Yellow is one of those colors that people seem to be either hot or cold towards. I think that point got hammered home when I pasted up the Green Bay Cheezits and Pittsburgh Steelers "mustard" looks.

There's a team I left out of the yellow-on-yellow mix. And for good reason. This team has not once worn any uniform item that was not red or white (unless it was in a practice session).

Well...thanks to the magic of Photoshop, this team now has TWO yellow uniform items--one right on top of the other.

I present the KC "Mustard"piece look, folks! (Brace yourselves...)

KCchiefsyellow.jpg

Y'all like that one?

Well hey--y'all see who that other player was in the above photo? What team he plays for? That's the subject of this next (and for now, last) photo. There were fashion jerseys done in this style a while back. And really...it'd be about the only other kind of "alternate" look this team could really have.

What's the easiest way to piss off a dedicated fan of the J-E-T-S-JETS-JETS-JETS-JETS? (Other than a couple bad NFL drafts, of course...)

Paste them up in all-black!

NYjetsblack.jpg

Okay--y'all have fun with these here--and for those of you that I'm sure will do so, have fun taking a trip back through this NFL Monochrome Madness time portal...outchere.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Well, I'm glad that you got around to posting some more of these. That's right about where the positive reaction ends for me. The only one that looks good is the Cardinals, and that is only if the Falcons came out looking like that. Then there is the all-yellow Chiefs and I really want tolike that one, but it just doesn't work.

And I don't have any requests for you now, but I hope you continue this if you get any more requests. This is one of my favorite threads.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

That all black Cardinal's uniform actually looks really good. It may not be for them, but it looks great. I also like the orange pants for the Bengals, and think they would look good with the white jersey and black socks. The other two, not too good, but cool to see anyways.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Orange Bengals are awesome.

Black Cardinals look like the black Louisville... Cardinals.

Also think the all-orange Broncos looks better than when they wear white pants with those awful jerseys.

Jets in Black-Nah doesn't work. Cardinals look great but someone said earlier, it doesn't fit them (better suited for USC). Please don't turn my beloved chiefs to the Kansas city Condiments and man...the Bengals....I'm blinded by all that orange. :wacko:

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived