The Problem Member

p.stic

First of all, I know this is posted in the wrong area, and that was done on purpose. I know this is a popular area of the site and would read quickly and by a lot of people.

I wanted to post and tell everyone about the kind of member we have here in our little community. That way you all can see the extent to which some people will go to, to try and deceive and lie to people to try and scam them out of things. Just to make the reading more interesting, I will call the member "ThePest" for now and reveal the name at the end. Most of you will be able to figure out the identity before the end, but if you want to cheat and see, scroll down. I say you try and guess while reading. ThePest's real username is used a couple times in the emails below but has been edited till the end as well.

People like this make things bad for other members on this site and others like it. Now a couple weeks ago ThePest emailed me and was asking for some logos. Nothing was exchanged since ThePest, is well, a pest. The next day I got an email from a new person asking for help so they could make concepts and stuff on here. This new person's name kind of rang a bell with me since their last name looked familiar. Since ThePest had messaged me the day before, this new person seemed really odd to me and thought maybe it could be someone working with them. But after talking to the new person I had found out that the guy's son had dealt with me in the past, and then the last name clicked with me. His son, as it turns out, goes by the name asm2931 on here and is a stand up guy. The point here, is, because of people like ThePest, other people get questioned and doubted.

So we move ahead a few days and ThePest once again is back at his pestering ways asking for stuff. Of course nothing was exchanged or given, since, well, you guessed it, he's a pest. So the next day, December 2 to be exact, I get an email from someone new asking for things again. The following, are the emails exchanged from this new person:

1st Email

To: p**.stic@gmail.com

Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 15:43:10 -0700

Subject: Hello

Hello :censored:.stic,

My name is Gordon Skiles, I am a new member of the CCSLC and I saw your thread on wallpapers. Fantastic work! I take it you're not a regular joe? You're a logo person, a very highly ranked logo person. Are you yourself a "source" or do you just happen to have plenty of "sources." You see, I myself am considered a "source" and I am interested in trading some logos with you. Please email me back.

Sincerely,

Gordon

Now let me tell you, at this point, I am already sure of who Gordon is. All the emails are replied to just to get confirmation on that.

Reply to 1st Email:

To: gskiles123@gmail.com Gordon Skiles

Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 15:53:00 -0700

Subject: Re: Hello

Hi Gordan. ? What kind of logos are you looking for? Kind of stuff you happen to have?

Jason

2nd Email:

To: p***k.stic@gmail.com

Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 16:06:36 -0700

Hey Jason,

I am looking for a little bit of everything. What do you happen to have? Personally, I have a lot of logos on my computer, but I have access to a lot of sites as well. Some logos that I have that I haven't seen you use yet are un-american sports. For example, I have Argentine sports logos and official uniforms for various teams.

Thanks,

Gordon

Reply to 2nd Email:

Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 16:14:38 -0700

Yeah, I haven't done too many non-American sports. Soccer I am very unfamiliar with. Pretty much the only stuff I have done so far is just done because people requested it. ? I had some requests for some baseball teams in Japan, but didn't have any logos for those. So 99% of the sports stuff I have is pretty much all US sports. I have a bunch of different vector packages that are not sports too.

3rd Email:

Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 16:20:19 -0700

Interesting. So you mainly deal with major leagues? NHL, NFL, NBA and MLB right? I have a few logos from each. What exactly do you have? Just so we're on the same page, you have official sheets, right? Or do you make your own?

Reply to 3 Email:

Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 16:29:01 -0700

Oh other things are fine too. Doesn't have to be all major US stuff. Found any other people on CCSLC that are willing to trade? ? Dealt with any other people?

4th Email:

Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 16:50:16 -0700

Ok. I have dealt with a few members on CCSLC from before. Um... a few guys that stand out are BlackJack, BondsBreaker, Means, Pantone, AAO and a few others. I'm just curious to know what you have? Do you have official sheets?

Thanks,

Gordon

Reply to 4th Email:

Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 16:56:42 -0700

Right on. I have never dealt with that Pantone. Well like I said, most of the stuff is US sports? I know the logo came from an official source, or someone that draws really well. I got a few logos from people on VectorPortal and they drew them and do a very good job at it.

5th Email:

Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 17:09:51 -0700

Pantone? Well he has some rare logos, but mainly he has color values. His sources send him logos here and there. I strictly deal with official sheets. I know some people draw good, but it's not the logo I collect, it's the file. If you have official guides of any logos, let me know and we can trade. I have official guides for:

- Some NHL

- Some MLB

- All New NFL, no old

- Some NBA

- Most, if not all Europe teams, i.g. Barcelona, Partizan etc...

- Various Smaller leagues

Let me know if you're interested and if you have official sheets.

Thanks,

Gordon

Reply to 5th Email:

Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 22:46:42 -0700

Sounds cool. What all did you want?

6th Email:

To: p***k.stic@gmail.com :censored:.stic@gmail.com

Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 07:35:51 -0700

Well, I am the least equiped in the MLB and NBA parts. NBA I have some stuff, mainly from Pantone actually, but nothing too rare. MLB I have barely anything.

Thanks,

Gordon

Reply to 6th Email:

Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 11:26:52 -0700

Have you been to the *** ******** site? That's a good place for newer stuff. ?

NBA I have ? various stuff. You ever dealt with ThePest on CCSLC? Heard he has lots of stuff. I know how has his own little NBA site he runs. Not sure if you ever dealt with him.

Jason

7th Email:

Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 19:58:36 -0700

Sweet, i'll check it out. Cool, ThePest? Nope, what does he have? Does he share?

Thanks,

Gordon

Reply to 7th Email:

Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 21:51:00 -0700

I thought maybe you might have had experience with him already. Guess sometimes he trades.

8th Email:

Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 21:04:42 -0700

Cool, I will check him out. Thanks. Well if you need anything, let me know and if you get any sheets you're willing to trade, let me know.

Thanks,

Gordon

Final Email:

To: p***k.stic@gmail.com :censored:.stic@gmail.com

Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 07:50:22 -0700

Ok, well are you willing to trade? I asked you a few times to list what type of stuff you had, like this for example:

NHL

- Logos

- 0708 new uniforms

- Older uniforms

If you can do that, get back to me.

Thanks,

Gordon

Now Gordon didn't know it, but someone else was at work here too. I had someone helping investigate. The following are the three key emails that Gordon sent to the person helping me, which happens to be asm2931:

1st Email:

Gordon Skiles <gskiles123@gmail.com> Fri, Dec 7, 2007 at 11:18 PM

To: bcondon8@gmail.com

Hey

Reply to 1st Email:

Brian Condon <bcondon8@gmail.com> Fri, Dec 7, 2007 at 11:24 PM

To: Gordon Skiles <gskiles123@gmail.com>

I'm sorry who is this?

2nd Email:

Gordon Skiles <gskiles123@gmail.com> Fri, Dec 7, 2007 at 11:54 PM

To: Brian Condon <bcondon8@gmail.com>

alex... basketballex

So Gordon and ThePest are one and the same. Everyone's favorite member Hoopskid! Just as I thought. Did anyone expect anything less from him? What kind of person goes to the extent to make up a new identity and opens an email address to try and get things from people? A loser that's the kind of person. Now Hoopy, you might be asking yourself, "How did he know so quickly?" First, my email is not on the CCSLC anywhere. If you email people from the sites email option, it goes through the sites system. Also, since Gordon's first email states that he is a "new member" how did Gordon know the name to put in his greeting to me? My username on here was edited to "p.stic" not the full name used in the email. And being new, why would Pantone and others mention in one of the emails even work with Gordon. Hoops not only tried scamming me on this site and vectorportal with this "Gordon" name, but also tried sign-up on SSUR.org where he has been ban already. People like this make things harder for new people that are legit to get anywhere. I think action needs to be taken. The turd that is Hoopskid, needs to be flushed for good!

If CC97 or YzerFan19 wouldn't mind IM'ing me, I'd like to talk about a possible way to eliminate this problem and save us all the headaches. I sent CC97 a message, but not sure if you got it yet.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somehow that doesn't surprise me. Hoopskid has been one of Pantone's constant antagonists, and he's even asked me to trade logos once. I guess that goes to show you -- asking me to trade logos is like asking Britney Spears for parenting tips -- he came up empty.

P., I hope your "solution" involves popping a cap in his ass (figuratively, in the forum sense)

philly.png

Somehow that doesn't surprise me. Hoopskid has been one of Pantone's constant antagonists, and he's even asked me to trade logos once. I guess that goes to show you -- asking me to trade logos is like asking Britney Spears for parenting tips -- he came up empty.

P., I hope your "solution" involves popping a cap in his ass (figuratively, in the forum sense)

That's the exact plan. Will be happening on vectorportal for sure, but wanted to see if this site would like to work with VP as well as another for do that for good on all sites.

Pantone also brought it to the mods attention, because Alex won't leave him alone with request for logos.

Either he doesn't understand that Pantone is not going to give out exclusive and private files to some 14-year-old that wants to post them online to share with everyone, or he is extremely ignorant and doing it anyway.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Either he doesn't understand that Pantone is not going to give out exclusive and private files to some 14-year-old that wants to post them online to share with everyone, or he is extremely ignorant and doing it anyway.

No means No.

What about a T.O.S ? I know its just really a slap on the hand, or the fact that no would ever read it.

If not that, what about a report section ( or topic ) and report it there, as what happened to p.stic , and Pantome , and other members that have to go threw. ( if there is already one I apologizes )

Sorry if I'm interrupting this but, I'm just trying to help out

4kv29i.jpg

Wow. Just wow. Clever, but geez. Great job at catching this....thief. How old is hoopskid? Anyone know? He told me he was 15. Over a convo on AIM. I'm starting to think he was pretending to have an age in common with me, maybe to get something from me. I believe he asked me if I had any logos. (I don't.) I won't jump to any conclusions. But this really has me thinking. Great catch guys. I commend you on your...investigation?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Well LMU and I both know what a menace he can be. We did the NBA fonts and he was constantly pestering and just plain bugging the crap out of both of us. I finally just ignored him, but he was a real bother in ever sense of the word. I haven't heard from him in a while, after I went off on him... but I do think something should be done about this.

He's either 14 or 15. Most likely 15.

Oh alright. Yea he told me he was 15, so he told the truth. But that shows how one big screwup can lead you to a loss of trust in, well....everyone.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Wow. Just wow. Clever, but geez. Great job at catching this....thief. How old is hoopskid? Anyone know? He told me he was 15. Over a convo on AIM. I'm starting to think he was pretending to have an age in common with me, maybe to get something from me. I believe he asked me if I had any logos. (I don't.) I won't jump to any conclusions. But this really has me thinking. Great catch guys. I commend you on your...investigation?

He is 15 for real. Good thing about him being 15, means he's going to be living at home for at least 3+ years, which means banning the IP address along with the email addresses, will give us a 3+ year break since he will be in the same location for that time.

Gordie has the basketball logos.

Gordie hates basketball.

Gordie hates to share.

Gordie wants to know where he can find re-runs of 'Wok with Yan' on cable in Ottawa.

Scratch Gordie's back, maybe he'll scratch yours.

Right now, Gordie is thinking about a solo project.

Funny Hoops is IM'ing me on vectorportal and says I forgot to tell you all how me and asm2931 planned this scam to get logos from him. Cause all of you can see from the wallpapers I make, I need the logos from Hoops. :lol:

Sent by : hoopskid

Sent : Dec/11/2007 at 10:50pm

Man, i did the same thing you would've done if someone told you that they had HWC logos and jerseys and :censored:. That's BS man, it was unfair and you know it. I didn't do anything wrong, I just wanted to trade for logos, fairly. Anyway, you forgot to tell people how you plotted out to try and :censored: me over and basically steal my logos, but that's ok! I thought we were tight and could ask each other for logos, guess not. W.e, i'm done with this :censored:, i needed something like this to make me realize how pointless and gay it really is.

The logo talk was only to get him to keep talking and slip up and say it was Hoops, which he did. The rest of you are smart enough to figure that out but he isn't. He just happen to send the logos before he slipped and admitted it was him.

Funny Hoops is IM'ing me on vectorportal and says I forgot to tell you all how me and asm2931 planned this scam to get logos from him. Cause all of you can see from the wallpapers I make, I need the logos from Hoops. :lol:

Sent by : hoopskid

Sent : Dec/11/2007 at 10:50pm

Man, i did the same thing you would've done if someone told you that they had HWC logos and jerseys and :censored:. That's BS man, it was unfair and you know it. I didn't do anything wrong, I just wanted to trade for logos, fairly. Anyway, you forgot to tell people how you plotted out to try and :censored: me over and basically steal my logos, but that's ok! I thought we were tight and could ask each other for logos, guess not. W.e, i'm done with this :censored:, i needed something like this to make me realize how pointless and gay it really is.

The logo talk was only to get him to keep talking and slip up and say it was Hoops, which he did. The rest of you are smart enough to figure that out but he isn't. He just happen to send the logos before he slipped and admitted it was him.

You sir, are a smart man. ;)

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Gordie hates basketball.

Gordie hates to share.

Gordie wants to know where he can find re-runs of 'Wok with Yan' on cable in Ottawa.

Gordie refers to himself in the third person now?

Gordie likes peanut butter. Gordie has never made a secret of that. That's Gordie's chair and everybody knows it!

Gordie hates basketball.

Gordie hates to share.

Gordie likes peanut butter. Gordie has never made a secret of that. That's Gordie's chair and everybody knows it!

Uhhh-oh, Gordie's actually done those things in real life, but with liberal use of the f-bomb for emphasis.

Gordie needs to work on his 'people skills'.

Gordie hates basketball.

Gordie hates to share.

Uhhh-oh, Gordie's actually done those things in real life, but with liberal use of the f-bomb for emphasis.

Gordie needs to work on his 'people skills'.

I live in Gatineau but I'm pretty sure you guys have omni 2 on cable...I've seen it there a few times. Quite the laugh.

Hi, how are you?

Archived