The Problem Member

p.stic

Gordie wants to know where he can find re-runs of 'Wok with Yan' on cable in Ottawa.
I live in Gatineau but I'm pretty sure you guys have omni 2 on cable...I've seen it there a few times. Quite the laugh.

Gordie had to find the channel, day, and time himself, but since shanurr pointed out the network, he can name a team and Gordie will set him up with their logos.

'Wok with Yan', Omni2, cable channel 14 in Ottawa, Wednesdays at noon.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

p.stic, you, my friend, are a genius.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Wow, I never really thought about this. He got to me probably like a year ago about vectorizing logos for him and trading vectors for his website. I told him I would help making jerseys for his website in any free time I had. So over the next month or so he wouldn't stop instant messaging me asking how much I got done for his site. It was really ridiculous that I just said to myself, ":censored: off!" Maybe he has some NBA vector fetish?! :lol:

Add me to that. I talked to him for like 10 mins and then he was hooked. I got IM'd alot over the next week.

To me, I just don't understand "collecting" logos which is what he said he was doing. I honestly don't think there was counterfeit or malicious intent, just somebody that wanted all the logos and doesn't understand how to deal with people.

I disagree about the malicious intent part. He was relentless in his pursuit of adding to his collection of vector logos, even to the point of creating fake accounts and email addresses to increase his luck with people who wised up to him.

He's 15. What does a 15-year-old need with that many vector logos, except to pump up his own ego by bragging how big his collection was and that he was willing to share?

He wasn't subtle about it. He was spoken to many times in the request forums here about it.

I don't think it's a matter of an immature kid being naïve about things. He constantly plugged his own website where he was more than eager to display and share all these proprietary files.

I was told he got access to a lot of the NBA uniform files (whether himself or through a third party), and it got to the point where a very senior member here was in danger of losing his own connections in the industry due to the abuse by this one kid.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I disagree about the malicious intent part. He was relentless in his pursuit of adding to his collection of vector logos, even to the point of creating fake accounts and email addresses to increase his luck with people who wised up to him.

He's 15. What does a 15-year-old need with that many vector logos, except to pump up his own ego by bragging how big his collection was and that he was willing to share?

He wasn't subtle about it. He was spoken to many times in the request forums here about it.

I don't think it's a matter of an immature kid being naïve about things. He constantly plugged his own website where he was more than eager to display and share all these proprietary files.

I was told he got access to a lot of the NBA uniform files (whether himself or through a third party), and it got to the point where a very senior member here was in danger of losing his own connections in the industry due to the abuse by this one kid.

Well he certainly was a pest and caused lots of problems. I just meant I don't think he was going to counterfeit jerseys or anything.

Add me to that. I talked to him for like 10 mins and then he was hooked. I got IM'd alot over the next week.

To me, I just don't understand "collecting" logos which is what he said he was doing. I honestly don't think there was counterfeit or malicious intent, just somebody that wanted all the logos and doesn't understand how to deal with people.

Why is Pantone into team color information? Why do people download any and all pirate software that they can? Sometimes it's not about cheating their way to making money or getting something for free. Sometimes it is either a passion about a topic or just a base need to horde everything they can get their hands on.

I'm not here to defend Hoopskid. In fact, I've never dealt with him on any level. But really, who cares if he has vector logos? He'll still have a difficult time profiting from them. And so what if he brags about having them. Pantone takes pride in having color information and an insight into uniform changes. Beyond Hoopskid's social behavior, is his fanaticism for these logos really that different? If the kid is that annoying, just don't deal with him.

As for the threat of a senior member losing their own connections, they were probably trusted to not share it with anyone in the first place.

Such a deal over some ill-mannered kid.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Why is Pantone into team color information? Why do people download any and all pirate software that they can? Sometimes it's not about cheating their way to making money or getting something for free. Sometimes it is either a passion about a topic or just a base need to horde everything they can get their hands on.

I'm not here to defend Hoopskid. In fact, I've never dealt with him on any level. But really, who cares if he has vector logos? He'll still have a difficult time profiting from them. And so what if he brags about having them. Pantone takes pride in having color information and an insight into uniform changes. Beyond Hoopskid's social behavior, is his fanaticism for these logos really that different? If the kid is that annoying, just don't deal with him.

As for the threat of a senior member losing their own connections, they were probably trusted to not share it with anyone in the first place.

Such a deal over some ill-mannered kid.

I agree with what you said.

But I think what everyone is mad about him is that, he had to scam his way into getting the logos.

4kv29i.jpg

For those who didn't deal with him understand, this is how he communicates.

Posted straight from PM

Thanks for bringing this to my attention -- you are not the first one to have this problem with him.

I think we might have to finally do something about this guy.

Cheers

Chris

MY POST TO HIM

Message Forwarded From Hoopskid
Everything you sent me, I already had once I looked through my files, so it really wasn't anything new. No problem on the address thing, that's cool. Maybe you'll have better luck with someone else. Good luck, hope you can find some logos you need. I have such an extensive collection now, I was willing to just ship you out a CD, but if that doesn't work for you, I understand.

Best wishes

HIS REPLY

You're lying, don't deny it.

Those logos aren't even available on normal sites. You need access to the NBA logo site...

What the hell is wrong with emailing it? Your excuse is that it takes to long to email... are you retarded? It takes 10 minutes with dial up to attach and send. Even with UPS it'll take a week...

You just say CD so that I send all my logos and then I get nothing in return. If ripping people off for logos is what you do, then you're a :censored:ing loser.

Sorry, it just seems that way. Can't send over email? What century you live in man, let's not spread bull :censored:... If you don't wanna send logos let me know, don't give me crap how emailing is harder than mailing. Hell, get a :censored:ing pigeon to bring them!

Chris,

This guy is being a real jerk to me in PM's, would prefer you send him a little note about harassing me. Was trying to be nice to him, but to no avail.

Thanks,

Ted

So you guys just don't get how much of a jerk he is.

Archived