NFL Redesign Group Project

OldRamsFan

I had this idea, let's see if anyone else likes it...

As a group of "conceptioneers", maybe we could redesign each NFL team's unis - but with a twist.

I will start the game off by giving two team names and a color scheme.

One person will pick one of those teams and do an original concept using that color scheme and an original design. To futher enhance the "originality", I'm going to say that no team concept will use any color that is currently in their real scheme. When that person is done with that concept, he posts the name of another team (that hasn't been done yet) to go along with the team name that was unused from before. Then another person picks that concept, does it, posts it and adds a new "second team". Eventually, we'll have all 32 teams represented, all with colors that aren't in their real color scheme.

For example, this is how it might go:

I submit the first two teams:

St. Louis Rams

New York Giants

I submit the color scheme of Purple (Vikings's purple, not Ravens) and white, with neon green trim (Seahawks' neon green)

Someone will make a post saying he'll do it (he doesn't even have to tell us what team; it can be a surprise). But it's imperative that he does tell us so that someopne else won't start doing it also. If you enter a post saying you'll do it, it is a good idea to go back and read the thread again to make sure that someone didn't manage to claim it first; we should honor the first person to claim it. So please don't claim it unless you have time to start it within a day or two.

When he's done, the person will post his concept. Let's say he "concepted" the Giants. On the post immediately following his concept, he submits The Rams and a second team, let's say the Falcons, along with his color scheme, let's say Brown and Gold. Then someone claims it, etc. etc. All concepts should be numbered, stating with #1, so we can keep track of how many teams have been redesigned so far.

Ya'll wanna do this? I'll start the ball rolling:

Teams:

St.Louis Rams

or

New York Giants

Color Scheme:

Purple (Viking's purple, not Ravens'), White, Neon Green Trim

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would people have to call a concept so that there aren't multiples?

I'm busy working for the Christmas season, otherwise I would call the Rams. Good idea, but I don't know how much people will support it.

Yes, and it's done one at a time. The second concept wouldn't be begin until the 1st is finished.

Well, I decided to get the ball rolling and do a concept. Even though my first inclination was to call the Giants, I decided to do the Rams, using Vikings Purple, Vikings White and Seattle Seahawks Bright Green... oh, and I couldn't resist adding a black alternate using Vikings black, I hope that's within the guidelines!

Let me know what you guys think... I tried being a bit more advanced with what I did... I never do sleeve striping or collar striping or... striping at all cause I'm awful at it but I thought I'd give it a try.

RAMSRECOLOR1.png

Okay, and now to continue the game:

Teams:

New York Giants

- or -

Jacksonville Jaguars

Colors:

Black, Arizona Cardinals Red, Cincinatti Bengals Orange, White

Can we make it a rule that white is pretty much implied?

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Well here's a Giants concept with Cardinals Red, Bengals Orange, and Black. I found it very difficult to include both the red and orange but I think I got something that is pretty good.

Primary Logo

NY.png

Home Uniform

Homeuni-2.png

Away Uniform

Awayuni-1.png

Alright now to the next concept.

Jacksonville Jaguars

or

Cincinnati Bengals

Colours: Old Gold, Brown, and White

Good luck

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

I had this idea, let's see if anyone else likes it...

As a group of "conceptioneers", maybe we could redesign each NFL team's unis - but with a twist.

I will start the game off by giving two team names and a color scheme.

One person will pick one of those teams and do an original concept using that color scheme and an original design. To futher enhance the "originality", I'm going to say that no team concept will use any color that is currently in their real scheme. When that person is done with that concept, he posts the name of another team (that hasn't been done yet) to go along with the team name that was unused from before. Then another person picks that concept, does it, posts it and adds a new "second team". Eventually, we'll have all 32 teams represented, all with colors that aren't in their real color scheme.

Y'all seem to be leaving that whole "original" thing out of it. These are just recolorings.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well here's a Giants concept with Cardinals Red, Bengals Orange, and Black. I found it very difficult to include both the red and orange but I think I got something that is pretty good.

Primary Logo

NY.png

Home Uniform

Homeuni-2.png

Away Uniform

Awayuni-1.png

I like these, expecially the aways, which I think is one of my fave white monochromes I've ever seen.

On the homes, I wonder if orange trim around the numbers would be a little too much.

Anyone care to inform a newbie as to how you do this on a computer? I could sketch it out, but MAN it would take forever! Any help would be appreciated!

Hey, welcome to the boards. To make one, all you need are really a program, a template, and some ideas. I suggest getting the GIMP, Inkscape, or you can even use MS Paint!

There are 2 threads at the top of the Concepts board that will help you. First, Read the "Concepts FAQ and also the CCSLC FAQ on top of that post(in the post). Then, get some templates(you want "Raster" if you are using Paint, Gimp, or Photoshop) from the thread below that, and start coloring and drawing!

Drawing is a good starrt. I still draw a lot of my concepts. It is still hard for me to get my ideas on the computer, but the best thing I can tell you is practice, practice, PRACTICE. In your spare time practice drawing uniforms and logos, and look at other people's ideas. Then, when you think you've gotten it right, post it. People will be very helpful, unless you show a complete lack of effort.

Look around these boards, especially Concepts, but not only. Read the requests, sports logos talk, go to the lounge, talk general sports(refrain from fantasy for now :)). Oh, and don't forget to practice.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

GBM

Get ready for this one.... SPOTS!!! MWAHHAHAHAHA!!! I've used the abandoned "Leaper" logo the Jags originally had, and went nuts with spots. I did my best to guess what "old gold" is, but enjoy!!

jagscrazytd8.gif

Next Concept:

Cincinnati Bengals

-or-

Pittsburgh Steelers

Colors: Creamsicle Bucs Orange, Chargers Powder Blue, White/Black

Good Luck!!

Archived