Dolphins' Perfectville commercial jerseys

patchs

Double

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you guys think still think Mercury and his buddies are annoying, just imagine for a minute having to deal with guys like Bill Belicheck, Randy Moss, and Rodney Harrison in the media for the next 20 years if they had been perfect. You'd all be wishing that Mercury would come back and kill these guys with an axe. Can you just see the oh-so-classy-and-smug Belicheck answering questions at a press conference after his team was perfect? He'd make Bobby Knight look like a princess.

I'm going to have to agree with xylo here. Although I in no means support the '72 Dolphins or any Dolphins team for that matter, I liked the commercial very much and it served its purpose. It put the Patriots in their rightful place and took them down a notch. The Pats would have been even worse then the Dolphins are about this.

Also, the whole champagne thing is a myth.

http://snopes.com/sports/football/miami72.asp

rrhgsig.gif

The Pats did NOT beat their record, by the way. The record is perfection in one season. Other teams, including a recent Denver Broncos team, won more consecutive games than the '72 Dolphins, so this year's Patriots didn't knock that off.

I'm not sure what your source is, but the Pats do INDEED own the NFL record for most consecutive wins at 21. It spanned two seasons, including playoffs, and eventual Super Bowl win over the Carolina Panthers. In case you forgot they also won the Super Bowl the following year against the Eagles. If they are not included in the group of the top teams in NFL history, I don't know who would be.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/rele...release_id=1306

I was pulling for New England because I want the Dolphins to shut up about it.

Do you really think that we'd ever get the Patriots to shut up about it, had they been able to finish the job? :blink:

They'd have been a thousand times as annoying as the 72 Dolphins are, if for no other reason than the Dolphins are only relevant until everybody loses a game and then they go away for another year.

The Pats would have strutted and preened every single week of every season until the last one retires. And then we'd have to listen to it all over again every time one gets inducted into the Hall of Fame.

The 72 Dolphins are by far the lesser of these evils.

first of all the pats own the record for most wins in a season 18 or 16 whichever

the dolphins own the record for best win pct. in a season 1.000

second i really dont think the pats would spouted to much

It seems most of the Pats are pretty cool, other than brady they dont really have a true superstar

Wes Welker was the top reciever, who? and gaffney

of course they do have Randy Moss, but Brady doesnt talk trash like Phillip rivers does

first of all the pats own the record for most wins in a season 18 or 16 whichever

the dolphins own the record for best win pct. in a season 1.000

second i really dont think the pats would spouted to much

It seems most of the Pats are pretty cool, other than brady they dont really have a true superstar

Wes Welker was the top reciever, who? and gaffney

of course they do have Randy Moss, but Brady doesnt talk trash like Phillip rivers does

But the Pats are evil!!! They would spew at mouth every chance they got. It wouldnt be the trash talking as much as the were better then everyone attitude. But guess what they arent cuz as Strahan said it best they got STOMPED OUT.

If you guys think still think Mercury and his buddies are annoying, just imagine for a minute having to deal with guys like Bill Belicheck, Randy Moss, and Rodney Harrison in the media for the next 20 years if they had been perfect. You'd all be wishing that Mercury would come back and kill these guys with an axe. Can you just see the oh-so-classy-and-smug Belicheck answering questions at a press conference after his team was perfect? He'd make Bobby Knight look like a princess.

I disagree. I think Belicheck would be quick and to the point then get the hell out of there like he always does, win or loss. Bill Belicheck doesn't care about the media and he doesn't care about the fans. I like that about him.

I disagree. I think Belicheck would be quick and to the point then get the hell out of there like he always does, win or loss. Bill Belicheck doesn't care about the media and he doesn't care about the fans. I like that about him.

I disagree with you hecticbro,....I think he cares a lot about what the media says; its just that he doesn't typically receive the criticism that would warrant a publicly negative response. He also likes using what bad press the Patriots do get as a motivating tool.

I'm not going to be as extreme as xylograph...but I do think that Mercury Morris is the lesser evil to the eternal feting of the Patriots that we would have received from the media if they had gone unbeaten.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This is probably what happened with the jerseys: Mercury Morriss and a few others were really hardcore, they wanted to wear the exact jersey they wore for that season. A few other guys probably gave the jerseys away a long time ago or just don't care as much, so the people producing the commercial had new ones made. To keep the new jerseys from clashing witht he old jerseys and looking even more out of place, they put all of the new jersey wearing guys in the same place.

count me in as someone who still wants to see the version that would've play had the Patriots won.

I know that someone mentioned you could find the Pats' version of the ad on YouTube, but figured the link would be appreciated by the lazy. :D

The Pats did NOT beat their record, by the way. The record is perfection in one season. Other teams, including a recent Denver Broncos team, won more consecutive games than the '72 Dolphins, so this year's Patriots didn't knock that off.

I'm not sure what your source is, but the Pats do INDEED own the NFL record for most consecutive wins at 21. It spanned two seasons, including playoffs, and eventual Super Bowl win over the Carolina Panthers. In case you forgot they also won the Super Bowl the following year against the Eagles. If they are not included in the group of the top teams in NFL history, I don't know who would be.

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/rele...release_id=1306

I wasn't clear, sorry. What I was saying is that the '72 Dolphins didn't own the record for consecutive wins overall, or even in a season. So the Patriots didn't break Miami's record there; several other teams had already done that.

I'm going to have to agree with xylo here. Although I in no means support the '72 Dolphins or any Dolphins team for that matter, I liked the commercial very much and it served its purpose. It put the Patriots in their rightful place and took them down a notch. The Pats would have been even worse then the Dolphins are about this.

Now I'm sorry, but how in the world has the Patriots' behavior(especially to the media) in recent years led you to believe that they would be like Morris or even WORSE than him/them?

Now I'm sorry, but how in the world has the Patriots' behavior(especially to the media) in recent years led you to believe that they would be like Morris or even WORSE than him/them?

Well considering how much the media has been cramming them down our throats sans undefeated season, how can they be better following an undefeated season.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

When I heard Don Shula in the booth during the Pats/Ravens game rooting openly against the Pats, I was absolutely appalled. Then I heard the Mercury Morris rant and rap song, which made Don Shula look like a classy guy by comparison. The 1972 Dolphins are some of the most classless, insecure, spiteful individuals I've ever seen, and their accomplishments are extremely overrated. I've never seen another sports figure react with so much hatred to a record being broken. Records are made to be broken, and when one of yours is (as long as it's fairly, and don't get me started on spygate), you should be gracious and supportive. Even Hank Aaron gave props to Barry Bonds when he broke his most hallowed mark, the obvious cheater and all-around miserable human being that Bonds is. The Patriots (other than Belichik) conduct themselves with class and a team-first attitude that every other T.O. and Chad Johnson can learn from, and are an embodiment of everything that is right about the NFL.

The '72 Dolphins' hatred and rejection of the Patriots this season just shows what pathetic, selfish, insecure has-beens they really are. It makes me sick to think of them gloating once again, having run the table in 2 less games against an extremely weak schedule.

When I heard Don Shula in the booth during the Pats/Ravens game rooting openly against the Pats, I was absolutely appalled. Then I heard the Mercury Morris rant and rap song, which made Don Shula look like a classy guy by comparison. The 1972 Dolphins are some of the most classless, insecure, spiteful individuals I've ever seen, and their accomplishments are extremely overrated. I've never seen another sports figure react with so much hatred to a record being broken. Records are made to be broken, and when one of yours is (as long as it's fairly, and don't get me started on spygate), you should be gracious and supportive. Even Hank Aaron gave props to Barry Bonds when he broke his most hallowed mark, the obvious cheater and all-around miserable human being that Bonds is. The Patriots (other than Belichik) conduct themselves with class and a team-first attitude that every other T.O. and Chad Johnson can learn from, and are an embodiment of everything that is right about the NFL.

The '72 Dolphins' hatred and rejection of the Patriots this season just shows what pathetic, selfish, insecure has-beens they really are. It makes me sick to think of them gloating once again, having run the table in 2 less games against an extremely weak schedule.

Did Belichick have one of his assistants film you while you typed that? :P

Seriously, though, I commend the '72 Dolphins for being honest about it. I do think the Patriots(mostly Bruschi, Harrison and Moss) would've gloated until their lips fell off about it, had they won.

Also, if they'd won, their record would've had a big fat asterisk beside it because of the whole 'SpyGate' issue. But, they didn't win, and all is right with the world.

Sigs are for sissies.

Back to the original topic of this thread for a sec...

If you go to http://www.rbk.com/us/perfectville/ and watch the "Behind The Scenes" featurette, you'll see that in addition to the 70's jerseys and current jerseys, Dick Anderson (#40) is wearing a cheap version of the '90s jersey (where are the sleeve numbers?)

Perfectville1.jpg

And at some point in the filming, Earl Morrall was wearing a white (current style) jersey...

Perfectville2.jpg

Archived