Shaq in Suns uni

goforbroke

Please return to #34.

I grew up on that.

+1

To me, Shaq Diesel is always a Los Angeles Laker...

Boy, Shaq has been playing for a while, hasn't he?

I most definitely remember Shaq breaking is an Orlando Magic, playing with Scott Skiles and 'Lil Penny. Those were great days back then, and I didn't think it was all that long ago..

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's my lasting memory of Shaq, those black pinstriped jerseys, destroying not just backboards but the entire supporting structure that held them up! He was just amazing back then.

liverpool-1.png

Geez...I never realized he had that many tattoos.

:blink:

I was just thinking the same thing!

And that Superman tattoo looks terrible. He has had it for as long as I can remember, but it looks like he had someone go over it many times to make it darker, and the ink bled. The S is barely there at this point.

I think his tattoos are a resumé of all the nicknames he received over the years.

I don't see "Kazaam" on there.

...or the Big Aristotle (that one floored me when I heard it...the guy is priceless)

And that Superman tattoo looks terrible. He has had it for as long as I can remember, but it looks like he had someone go over it many times to make it darker, and the ink bled. The S is barely there at this point.

I think his tattoos are a resumé of all the nicknames he received over the years.

...or the Big Aristotle (that one floored me when I heard it...the guy is priceless)

I think he's trying his best to forget Kazaam ever existed.

And from the mess that is Wikipedia:

Shaq

Shaq Daddy

Superman

The Big Aristotle

The Diesel

The Shaq Attack

The Man of Steel

The Showman of Big Men

im with the old school crowd that sees shaq in #32...tho it is weird that it was Amare's number not long ago...i too miss the dominant days of Shaq/Penny/Nick Anderson/3D/Seikley

if my Pistons don't win it this year, i hope Diesel can help bring a ring to my boy Nashty.

Don't forget about his other thespian aspiration...that of the superhero Steel...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Don't forget about his other thespian aspiration...that of the superhero Steel...

Yeah. Steel SUCKED! I thought Kazaam was good but I have not seen it in about 10 years or so. Maybe if I watched it, I would realize that it is/was that bad.

Yeah. Steel SUCKED! I thought Kazaam was good but I have not seen it in about 10 years or so. Maybe if I watched it, I would realize that it is/was that bad.

Something tells me that with his new closer proximity to Hollywood, we might just see more of Shaq on the big screen.

...not too sure how I feel about that.

Something tells me that with his new closer proximity to Hollywood, we might just see more of Shaq on the big screen.

...not too sure how I feel about that.

To continue this nesting...

Kazaam and Steel were in 1996 and 1997, his first two years in Los Angeles. It's hard to tell if there is a correlation between the two. I think it's more the high-profile signing than the fact that he was signed to Los Angeles. That is, if he went to the Knicks or another team in a large market, he'd try his hand at acting. I can't go into more about his career, because stupid IMDb has "Scary Movie 4" and "MADtv" in with the listings where he plays himself (such as talk shows or appearances where he's not acting at all).

Seeing as you saw Kazaam 10 years ago, you should try to watch it again now. You'll see how stupid it is. 10 years ago, I didn't know that acting was so difficult. Having watched a slew of crappy guest stars on a number of different TV shows and movies, I now know that it is harder than it looks. Combine the fact that he's acting with the fact that he plays a rapping genie, and you'll see that it's no cinematic gem. (I guess if your standard is NBA players in film, than it's above nearly everyone in "Like Mike" or "Space Jam" but worse than Kevin McHale on "Cheers," Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in "Airplane!," and even Michael Jordan in "Space Jam." If your standard is films when you were a kid, it might be more enjoyable. If your standard is films overall, then you'll be disappointed if you do view it again.

Those black Magic pinstripes were a thing of beauty. The blue alts looked even better.

Oh, ya those purple and orange Suns jerseys are really nice too. Remember they used to look a lot worse:

jordan_barkley.jpg

KSPS97H13_W.jpg

I'll take a little over the top with personality compared to the bland crap they wear now.

Although I like these Suns unis...they belong in the 90s. They fit the criteria for 90s sports uniforms fads...

Funky colors? Check.

Big ass logo on the chest? Check.

Name of team & number marginilized? Check.

Although I like these Suns unis...they belong in the 90s. They fit the criteria for 90s sports uniforms fads...

Funky colors? Check.

You're right on all of those points, but I will tell you that the mid-90's Phoenix Suns jerseys were the total :censored:. Everyone thought they were the coolest.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Funky colors? Check.

You're right on all of those points, but I will tell you that the mid-90's Phoenix Suns jerseys were the total :censored:. Everyone thought they were the coolest.

I still have my Dan Majerle jersey to prove it.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Funky colors? Check.

I still have my Dan Majerle jersey to prove it.

Just make sure you keep it at least 100 feet from Shumway3319, or that suckers gone forever.

Those black Magic pinstripes were a thing of beauty. The blue alts looked even better.

Oh, ya those purple and orange Suns jerseys are really nice too. Remember they used to look a lot worse:

jordan_barkley.jpg

KSPS97H13_W.jpg

I'll take a little over the top with personality compared to the bland crap they wear now.

Funky colors? Check.

yep. The Suns unis I really liked were the ones that predated the Charles Barkley-era look. An arched "PHOENIX" in western-esque font, with the shorts sporting two large half suns on the sides. Nice look.

Wow! So much hatred for their current look. I honestly think the current look is the best they've ever had. I have to admit that the one thing I really miss from the '90's era was the huge center court logo on their floor. I thought they had one of the best courts in the league way back when.

Archived