Silver and Black

cappital92

Chicago White Sox: Won first World Series since 1917 in black and silver

San Antonio Spurs: Four NBA championships; three in the five and half years since they dropped the pink, orange, and teal banner

Los Angeles Kings: Had most success in team history in ten years of silver and black (although Gretzky helped plenty)

Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders: The godfathers of silver and black have three Lombardi Trophies hanging around McAfee Coliusium

I'm not saying looking like you're in grayscale gets rings....but I could be wrong. Anyone got any more examples of black and silver(as the only colors in the set)?

I can think of more teams that wear blue white and red, who have had more success, than teams who wear silver. Eg. Habs, Pistons,Rangers,USA(miracle on ice),Patriots....You can do this with every colour scheme out there.

9161.png1116.png11286.png2115.png

I can think of more teams that wear blue white and red, who have had more success, than teams who wear silver. Eg. Habs, Pistons,Rangers,USA(miracle on ice),Patriots....You can do this with every colour scheme out there.

Yes, but consider all the bad teams that wear red, white, and blue to the bad teams that wear black and silver.

Chicago White Sox: Won first World Series since 1917 in black and silver

San Antonio Spurs: Four NBA championships; three in the five and half years since they dropped the pink, orange, and teal banner

Los Angeles Kings: Had most success in team history in ten years of silver and black (although Gretzky helped plenty)

Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders: The godfathers of silver and black have three Lombardi Trophies hanging around McAfee Coliusium

I'm not saying looking like you're in grayscale gets rings....but I could be wrong. Anyone got any more examples of black and silver(as the only colors in the set)?

No Stanley Cup...that is all

Yes, but consider all the bad teams that wear red, white, and blue to the bad teams that wear black and silver.

Yeah, but the Raiders and White Sox suck now too....

New York Yankees: Winningest team in MLB history. Not silver and black.

Montreal Canadiens: Winningest team in NHL history. Not silver and black.

Boston Celtics and L.A. Lakers: Winningest teams in NBA history. Not silver and black.

Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco 49ers, Pittsburgh Steelers: Most Super Bowl wins in NFL history. Not silver and black.

UCLA: Most college men's basketball titles. Not silver and black.

Tennessee: Most college women's basketball titles. Not silver and black.

Notre Dame, Ohio State, USC, Alabama, Texas, etc.: Biggest names in college football. Not silver and black.

Seems to me silver and black is overrated.

Technically, Black is NOT a color. It is the absence of color. Silver, or any other color is the reflection of that pigment. White is reflection of all colors, with no color being more dominant...ask PANTONE, he's the color expert.

Most successful color: RED with various other shades. BLUE would be 2nd.

Sincerely,

Bill Nye

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Technically, Black is NOT a color. It is the absence of color. Silver, or any other color is the reflection of that pigment. White is reflection of all colors, with no color being more dominant...ask PANTONE, he's the color expert.

Only if you're talking about color in terms of an additive color system like light. If you have no light, you have no color, or black. By adding light (red, green or blue in artificial systems), you create colors depending on the values added of each color. Pure white is made by mixing the highest value of each color.

Most subtractive color systems, like those used for printing (CMYK or other pigment-based systems, for example) are the opposite. In CMYK, white s not a 'color' so to speak. That is, you cannot create white in the CMYK system (the phenomenon of white is achieved by allowing the color of the paper or other printing substrate to show through); it is the absence of all ink while black is the presence of all the inks. The color of your paper or substrate can shift this perception wherein 'white' becomes cream and all your other colors are then shifted accordingly because they are 'mixed' with the cream paper color. In other systems, though, there are white inks, which are not widely used but are seen a lot on screenprinted items like posters or colored tee shirts, and silver inks, which are basically grey inks with metallic flakes added to them.

A sports identity is usually created and displayed using these subtractive color principles. Thus, it's accepted that black is a color when we're talking about an identity because a great majority of them are created using a subtractive color process. The textiles are colored with dyes, the merch is printed with inks, you get the idea (a website or commercial would use additive color because it is displayed on a monitor or television using red, green and blue light).

And, even though white is generally not conisdered to be a 'color' in CMYK, I would argue that in this instance, white is a color as well because dyes are required to brighten most natural fibers into a color that will pass as white, paints and pigments are used to color plastics and rubbers that become things like helmet shells and facemask coatings, and well, you get the idea; technolgy has blurred the lines in the great debate of black v. white and pigment v. light to the point where it's no longer accurate to describe black or white as not being a true color.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Only if you're talking about color in terms of an additive color system like light. If you have no light, you have no color, or black. By adding light (red, green or blue in artificial systems), you create colors depending on the values added of each color. Pure white is made by mixing the highest value of each color.

Most subtractive color systems, like those used for printing (CMYK or other pigment-based systems, for example) are the opposite. In CMYK, white (technically the color of the paper or substrate on which you are printing) is the absence of ink and black is the presence of all the inks. In other systems, though, there are white inks, which are not widely used but are seen a lot on screenprinted items like posters or colored tee shirts, and silver inks, which are basically grey inks with metallic flakes added to them.

A sports identity is usually created and displayed using these subtractive color principles. Thus, it's accepted that black is a color when we're talking about an identity because a great majority of them are created using a subtractive color process. The textiles are colored with dyes, the merch is printed with inks, you get the idea (a website or commercial would use additive color because it is displayed on a monitor or television using red, green and blue light).

And, even though white is generally not conisdered to be a 'color' in CMYK, I would argue that in this instance, white is a color as well because dyes are required to brighten most natural fibers into a color that will pass as white, paints and pigments are used to color plastics and rubbers that become things like helmet shells and facemask coatings, and well, you get the idea; technolgy has blurred the lines in the great debate of black v. white and pigment v. light to the point where it's no longer accurate to describe black or white as not being a true color.

Thank you. Much more eloquent than I could have put it.

B)

Most subtractive color systems, like those used for printing (CMYK or other pigment-based systems, for example) are the opposite. In CMYK, white (technically the color of the paper or substrate on which you are printing) is the absence of ink and black is the presence of all the inks. In other systems, though, there are white inks, which are not widely used but are seen a lot on screenprinted items like posters or colored tee shirts, and silver inks, which are basically grey inks with metallic flakes added to them.

Thank you. Much more eloquent than I could have put it.

B)

Look like you might gotchaself a mini-me there, Don. :P

(And that's no slight, by the way.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I could make the exact same point about teams who wear silver and black, pretty much ever team is really good at one point, and really bad at one point. My point was the jerseys have nothing to do with winning.

9161.png1116.png11286.png2115.png

new zealand all blacks. black jersey, silver fern.

arguably the most successful team in sports history.

*have 74% win record going back to 1884. 94 total loses (less than one a year for 125 years)

*no other team in the world has a beaten them more times than have been beaten by them.

*the british lions, france, australia, south africa, england and wales are the only international teams to have EVER beaten them.

scotland and ireland have NEVER beaten them in nearly 50 cracks.

*only won one world cup in 6 tho. bit of a sore point.

not a bad record although its just cos we're hard, not cos of the colours we wear.

Thanks to andrewharrington, we have the correct "scientific" reasoning. And Pantone's blessing to the description, now to the question.

Black & Silver has won some championships but is it the Color of Champions??

Ask Green Bay.

Ask Detroit.

Ask Montreal, the Habs have a great answer.

Ask the Cowboys, 49ers, Steelers, Patriots, yes the Giants too.

Ask Brazil and Italy (World Cup) - yes, Man U also.

The Celtics in Boston and the Lakers in L.A. also have an answer.

You might want to check with the Yankees too.

Black and Silver are a nice color combo, but IMO, there are other colors that say, "CHAMPIONS".

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

super bowl:

3 wins in silver and black

39 wins in non-silver and black

which includes:

5 wins by the cowboys (primary colors blue and silver)

5 wins by the steelers (primary colors black and gold)

5 wins by the 49ers (primary colors scarlett and gold)

3 wins by the patriots (primary colors navy and red)

3 wins by the giants (primary colors blue and red)

3 wins by the redskins (primary colors burgandy and gold)

3 wins by the Packers (primary colors green and gold)

1 undefeated dolphins team (primary colors aqua and orange)

Pantone feel free to correct any misidentified colors

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Los Angeles Kings: Had most success in team history in ten years of silver and black (although Gretzky-and referee Kerry Fraser helped plenty)

Yeah, the only reason the Los Angeles Queens got to the 1993 Stanley Cup Finals was because Fraser swallowed his whistle (no call) after the saintly "Great One" high-sticked (drawing blood, no less) Dougie Gilmour of the Leafs late in the third period of Game Six of the Western Finals. If Gretzky's butt were in the penalty box where he should have been then the Leafs would have held on to the lead, won the game and series and moved on to the 1993 Finals where they would have kicked Munt-tree-all's butt! Thanks a lot NHL big-shots and television. You didn't care that hockey's greatest rivalry, the Leafs vs. the Habs was dissed. All you wanted was the "Grate One" and his Queens in the Finals because it would sell better on TV in the USA than an all-Canadian Final. And you wonder why your league is in trouble. :mad:

And you wonder why your league is in trouble. :mad:

Um... that is about #597 on the list of "Reasons Why the NHL is in Trouble."

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived