NBA Uniforms 2008-09

jhans203

According to Uniwatch a little birdie told Paul Lukas that the following NBA teams will have new home and road uniforms next season: the Nuggets, Timberwolves, Magic, Kings, and Hornets, plus the Bucks will be getting a new alternate design.

Any thoughts? I expected T-Wolves and the Bucks secondary. But, I am surprised by the Nuggets, Magic, and Hornets. Kings need a change.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think the Nuggets need any changes to what they have, all sets are nice.

I can understand the Timberwolves changing uni's in the post-KG era.

The Magic need not to change at all, maybe a black alternate (even though black is overused). This franchise changes their jerseys way too much.

I never understood the Kings. WHy have two different woodmarks? I am glad they are changing, just hopefully no gold!

The Hornets are fine, maybe just keep the alternate logo as their primary and drop those heinous yellows!

I agree about a Bucks alternate being the only change. Like I have seen in the concepts threads, maybe just a cursive script with the colors in reversed from their roads?

I also think that the Rockets need to ditch what they currently have and just keep the color scheme. Those uniforms are terrible!!!

I agree, and welcome a reversion back to the red-and-yellows with the half-lowercase script.

Sigs are for sissies.

5 teams with new primaries is a bit much for the NBA. The past three years, there have been only 4 teams to change primary jerseys (Pacers in 2005-06, Raptors home and Bucks in 2006-07, Hawks home/away in 2007-08). Besides, the Magic and Nuggets are relatively new with their sets; the Kings and Timberwolves, however, are due for a tweak.

5 teams with new primaries is a bit much for the NBA. The past three years, there have been only 4 teams to change primary jerseys (Pacers in 2005-06, Raptors home and Bucks in 2006-07, Hawks home/away in 2007-08). Besides, the Magic and Nuggets are relatively new with their sets; the Kings and Timberwolves, however, are due for a tweak.

I couldn't see Denver changing. What they have now works relatively well for them!

Seems like Denver might be standardizing the wordmarks from the home and road with that of the alt. Also, the pickax logo at center court may be the new primary, since what they have is just a recolor of a previous version.

The Hornets seem to be going one of two directions. Either they are going to use the Fleur-de-Bee as the primary, or they're going to use "Hornets" as the wordmarks on all jerseys to transition to a move.

The Kings are an intriguing case. Hopefully they'll ditch that alt in the process, but the primary does look dated compared to the wordmarks.

Magic need something with more pizazz. What they have now is WAY too generic.

I heard that the T-Wolves are keeping logos, just toning down the fonts. Not sure if that's the case or not.

VmWIn6B.png

the Magic look great IMO, top 5 in the NBA. a change would be a mistake for them.

if the Nuggets are changing to use their alternate script on their homes and a Denver script like it on the roads, then that is another mistake. i suspect that they are just going to make their alternate their primary and start to phase out light blue, because thats what teams do when a trend is getting tired. just pure speculation-i think within 4 years they will revert back to their old color scheme and drop the red. aka going navy and metallic gold. this move will probably be made when the Cavs are making the navy their official road uniform, and everyone will get mad that two teams have the same look.

in order to predict the future you need to understand that teams will usually piss off their fans and the general public.

T-Wolves will surely have an Al Jefferson era redesign (notice how i stayed positive and didn't say "post-KG era")

Hornets will hopefully just tweak wordmarks or use the fleur-de-bee more. no major changes needed.

i hope the Kings go crazy and completely overhaul their identity. it would be a good time to do it since they are a relatively young team, and they could do some really great things.

sorry about the long post, but just remember you heard it here first if this all happens. if not, forget i said anything.

As a fan of the T-Wolves inaugural uniforms, I hope they simplify their design and go back to the original lighter-shades of blue and green.

I would guess the Hornets and Nuggets changes wouldn't be wholesale redesigns, but tweaks or improvements upon what they wear now.

I'm indifferent to the Kings. I neither hate or love what they have, minus the gold alt, which is atrocious.

I don't think the Nuggets are doing anything major. Uniforms will probably be the same....maybe the pick and ax logo will adorn the shorts in the spot where the current 'DN' logo is.

The Timberwolves need to start from the bottom up. Ditch the whole :censored:. I never really liked that god awful typeface, nor the black, yellow, red, grey, blue, green in the color scheme.

The Kings need to synchronize...uniform wordmarks used in the logo. A new logo wouldn't hurt.

The Magic just need new uniforms.

The Hornets should utilize the Fleur De Bee to full time. And a new typeface to go along with a new primary logo would be nice.

According to Uniwatch a little birdie told Paul Lukas that the following NBA teams will have new home and road uniforms next season: the Nuggets, Timberwolves, Magic, Kings, and Hornets, plus the Bucks will be getting a new alternate design.

Any thoughts? I expected T-Wolves and the Bucks secondary. But, I am surprised by the Nuggets, Magic, and Hornets. Kings need a change.

It feels like the Nuggets and the Magic are constantly changing. Sometimes a little tweak here and there, sometimes a complete overhaul, but to me, they dont seem to go more than a few years before a big change. Didnt the Nuggets change to the baby blue when Carmelo went there, 4 or 5 years ago??

Archived