NBA Uniforms 2008-09

jhans203

I hope they make the "just the head" logo the main logo

"just the head" never works.

I don't know - the first time, that's about all it took.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i like the simplicity of the Magic uniforms, i dont know what it is about them, but i just do.
I like the simplicity of their jersey design, but not the lettering. Something about it just doesn't gel w/ me. I think it might be b/c they didn't change their logo too, so I kinda get a bit of mental dissonance when I look at how different they are. I don't think they need to change, but I wouldn't be opposed to it.

As for the rest of the purported changes...

Nuggets - I like their current alternate, but I don't see why they'd change their primaries. I kinda like how their alts are sufficiently different from their regular ware, instead of just a recolor of them.

T-Wolves - I think it's the right time to move onto the post-KG era. Hopefully they ditch the black and go back to a more blue and green design. Also, I'd like to see them go in a different direction w/ their wolf logo. I never liked that snarling face and I hope they go w/ a simpler design.

Kings - They need to come up w/ a more unifying theme for their jerseys. Maybe they should just do a whole design makeover. Either way, their alt is hideous and has to go (although, I do like the scripted text).

Hornets - I'd like to see them go w/ the fleur-de-Bee as their logo full-time. I think it's time to finally say goodbye to Hugo and the baggage he carries if they're going to finally commit to NOLA.

Bucks - An alternate would be nice, but I don't really have an opinion one way or another. Despite the Christmas-y look, I'm okay w/ their current look and I like their "antlers-n-ball" logo.

And as an aside, I agree w/ some of the other posters about the Rockets needing to change their jerseys. Those things just don't work. They're too reflective and they look like satin sleepwear.

I know the sixers just updated their unis with side piping, but I think they should revamp their whole set. Time to move on from the Iverson era and return to the red/white/blue palette.

I think they should keep the logos and such but just simplify or tone down on the colors. Come on! Black, Red, Gold, and Blue ??? That's trying to do too much with too many colors. I always remember a concept one of the members of the board....(Starchild....I believe) did with the Sixers using like Navy, Red, and a Blueish-Gray, which looked really cool and is what they should pick up.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I think they should keep the logos and such but just simplify or tone down on the colors. Come on! Black, Red, Gold, and Blue ??? That's trying to do too much with too many colors.

You forgot the Silver...!:

Philadelphia76ers_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

In regards to talk about the Hornets getting new unis, on the main New Orleans Hornets fan board, this has been a topic.

FWIW, here is some of the "scoop":

"I was listening on 1210 AM here in Baton Rouge to Jordy Holtberg's morning show and he said that he has been told by people in the organization that the Hornets will be changing their unis for next season. According to him they will be going back to the pinstripes from the CLT days and ditching the yellow unis. Also, instead of teal he claims the color will be more of a "Mardi Gras Blue" (whatever that means). He also said they'll be using the Fleur de Bee logo more...

Mardi Gras Blue? I have no idea what that could be. It's about as preposterous as "Halloween Pink" or "Christmas Orange". Mardi Gras colors are purple green and gold (yellow). Period.

That being said, someone else in that thread observed (as I have) that the "teal" within the FDB emblem on the New Orleans Arena court is way less 'green' than the rest of the teal that's on that court right now. So, maybe that's the shift.

Personally, I think it would be better to shift to a MORE greenish teal, almost a seafoam green. It puts the Hornets closer to the city's Mardi Gras colors. The trim on the white home unis is closer to this color; if you watch the Hornets in those you could almost swear the trim stripes are purple, green and gold. But the away uniforms appear to be more blue, almost bordering on light blue.

Link to the thread

It is what it is.

In regards to talk about the Hornets getting new unis, on the main New Orleans Hornets fan board, this has been a topic.

"I was listening on 1210 AM here in Baton Rouge to Jordy Holtberg's morning show and he said that he has been told by people in the organization that the Hornets will be changing their unis for next season. According to him they will be going back to the pinstripes from the CLT days and ditching the yellow unis. Also, instead of teal he claims the color will be more of a "Mardi Gras Blue" (whatever that means). He also said they'll be using the Fleur de Bee logo more...

Mardi Gras Blue? I have no idea what that could be. It's about as preposterous as "Halloween Pink" or "Christmas Orange". Mardi Gras colors are purple green and gold (yellow). Period.

That being said, someone else in that thread observed (as I have) that the "teal" within the FDB emblem on the New Orleans Arena court is way less 'green' than the rest of the teal that's on that court right now. So, maybe that's the shift.

Personally, I think it would be better to shift to a MORE greenish teal, almost a seafoam green. It puts the Hornets closer to the city's Mardi Gras colors. The trim on the white home unis is closer to this color; if you watch the Hornets in those you could almost swear the trim stripes are purple, green and gold. But the away uniforms appear to be more blue, almost bordering on light blue.

Link to the thread

Now THAT's some interesting stuff there...

pinstripes from the CLT days

That's classic. I know a few of you talked about city abbreviations in another thread...I can't wait until the Bobcats get an alternate with "CLT" on it. :D Does anyone even think of the city of Charlotte when they see "CLT"???? I know what I think of...

Who knows...maybe some Cincinnati team will get jerseys with "CNT" on it as well...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

pinstripes from the CLT days

That's classic. I know a few of you talked about city abbreviations in another thread...I can't wait until the Bobcats get an alternate with "CLT" on it. :D Does anyone even think of the city of Charlotte when they see "CLT"???? I know what I think of...

Who knows...maybe some Cincinnati team will get jerseys with "CNT" on it as well...

I'll take ten of each. :D

I think CVG is more likely...

sorry, airport humor that isn't funny

...Because the team would then have to play across the river in Covington, Kentucky???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think CVG is more likely...

sorry, airport humor that isn't funny

...Because the team would then have to play across the river in Covington, Kentucky???

Exactly

Link to the thread

Yeah, Mardi Gras Blue is dumb, and it will be interesting to see if it really isn't teal or if it's just another name for teal. I would love to see the Hornets lose the teal. I like the yellow alts and I'm sorry to see those go. I wish the Hornets would wear those at home instead of on the road. I'm not a big fan of teams, college or pro, wearing yellow unis on the road. Maybe it's just from all the years of seeing the Lakers in yellow at home.

Furthermore, I can't stand the Fleur-de-Bee Hornets logo. It's too busy and it's hard to read. And one New Orleans team with the Fleur-de-lis logo is enough. Of course, I'm biased because I like the Saints and I'm apathetic about the Hornets.

Archived