2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2x Post...so I'll use this to throw this picture in:

P1030239.jpg

Just when you think the Mets are about to turn the corner and New York fans begin to get their hopes up .... BOOM!! An American League pitcher blasts an embarrassing grand slam off their ace starter, then the next night they lay a massive 11-0 egg to the worst team in baseball while the ump single-handedly coaxes both Maunel and Beltran into ejections in the process.

Pretty sad, but I must say it makes for great entertainment! ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

So.. the Johan Santana trade didn't put the Mets over the top, eh? Also, just so you are aware, the Twins have a better record than the Mets :P

The Santana trade did put the Mets over the top ...... of the cliff that is....

I saw, I came, I left.

What's pissing me off is the Phillies are in total suck mode right now. What's one team that sucks just a wee bit more? The Marlins, that's who.

You aren't the only one to be dismayed at the entire Phillies offense going cold at once in the course of one homestand. Granted - they were facing the two favorites to represent the AL in the World Series in Boston and the Angels. They're in a funk though, that's for sure. It's lost (at least in these circles) in all the woebegone spectacle that is the New York Mess, but in a time where the Phils could have run away with the division, they instead have done the opposite.

Good news: Phillies are still in first (for now).

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Two words for you Phanatics: Chris Coste.

I'm mostly an irrational fan when it comes to this guy, and the reason I am a fan of his is because I saw him when he played with the RedHawks in Fargo, ND. I even went to a Nats-Phils game at Nationals Park a little over a month ago and got his autograph. (That made my day. The Nationals winning the game 5-3 was icing on the cake.) Anyway, on virtually any other team Coste is nothing more than a quality backup, but on the Phillies he needs to be starting. Carlos Ruiz isn't that good and he's certainly not better than Coste. There's my irrational fan rant, take it or leave it.

On another note, you could argue that the Nationals are actually worse than the Mariners based on the fact that they have the worst run differential in the league. So that's a ray of hope (?) for you M's fans.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

And with that win tonight against Arizona, the Red Sox are 81 games into the season. Half way.

I might be a little biased but I think they've been the best team in baseball so far. I'd have the Rays in a close second for now.

IUe6Hvh.png

Houston suspends pitcher Shawn Chacon indefinitely for jumping Astros' General Manager Ed Wade after being demoted to the bullpen over the weekend.

Story

Latrell Sprewell got a second chance because he was an all-star level player, but I don't think Chacon is going to be as lucky. He was barely hanging on to the big league roster anyway and going to the 'pen might have been the beginning of his end.

Since it happened in baseball, it'll just be blip or a footnote. If it had happened in the NBA, it would have been a black eye on the whole league...and just another example of the league's image problem.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well baseball hardly has any players in legal trouble off the field, and incidents like this are rare.

Chacon is barely hanging on and his career could be all but over now, he's a journeyman pitcher who is a back of the roation long relief pitcher they come a dime a dozen and their about three dozen better then him.

Sprewell was a star player before choking P.J. so their was name recognition, Chacon is only known by the most rabid baseball followers or those who are fans of a team he once played for, I for one did not even know he was now in Houston so that will keep it from making headlines.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Ed Wade ... wow. Guy's having a rough go of things. Parachuting mishaps. Now, physical assaults by his own players.

He'll be fine - being the whipping boy as Phillie GM has more than mentally prepared Ed for the histrionics of recent events.

And break up the Fightin' Phils. Losing streak over! Kyle Kendrick - 8 shutout innings FTW.

Mets & Yankees also win as a prelude to the revival of Subway Series 2008.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

In what could be another possible sign of a coming apocalypse: The Pirates smacked the Yankees last night 12-5.

Reality check ... Yankees 10, Pirtates 0.

Ugh. I knew the Yankees would respond with a blowout of their own.....

.....please win this series, Pirates...

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

The Blue Jays were back to their normal selves last night. Tie up the game in the 8th, and lose in extras. Life is back to normal in the T Dot.

You forgot loading the bases with 0 out and not bringing in anyone to score :P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived