OKC Sonics Court

jgsmith725

If the sonics move to OKC , I thought I would just come up with a simple concept of the court. I like the two tone stain, so I would keep that but make the logo in center court a little bit smaller. Enjoy!

OKCitySonicsCourt.jpg

Just curious, but why would a team in OKC keep a generic "S" logo at midcourt? It just doesn't make sense

If the sonics move to OKC , I thought I would just come up with a simple concept of the court. I like the two tone stain, so I would keep that but make the logo in center court a little bit smaller. Enjoy!

OKCitySonicsCourt.jpg

Just curious, but why would a team in OKC keep a generic "S" logo at midcourt? It just doesn't make sense

Not to sound like a smarta$$ but maybe b/c that is what there mascot name is and what they have now in seattle. S = Sonics

appsiggold.png

I love court concepts, not feeling this though.

First, the Ford logo shouldn't be above Ford Center. Just the Stadium logo is allowed, not the corporate sponsor for which its named. (However, I'd Like to see Ford Center written out in the Ford script, that might look nice.

Secondly, the Two tone is ok (the Sonics were the first of the new-run two toners, so they can keep it) but idk about the tow-tone within two-tone. The top half of the free throw circle doesn't need to be dark. Also, color in the middle of the S with white, not nothing.

And parquet is too much, especially with two tone wood as well. Pick one or the other. (Plus, green and parquet is taken I believe)

Give the out of bounds some color, it looks High School-ish without it. Take the Red out of the hash marks along the key.

Back to the drawing board I say with this one.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

OKCitySonicsCourt.jpg

Not to sound like a smarta$$ but maybe b/c that is what there mascot name is and what they have now in seattle. S = Sonics

One could also argue that it's "S" for Seattle. If you're gonna move a team to another city, I'd do everything I could to brand it OKC and not Seattle.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Does the small primary logos inside the arc say OK CITY SONICS? I agree with earlier posts that they'd try really hard to remove any traces of Seattle from the Oklahoma City franchise. Quite honestly, I'm not buying this concept at all -- even the playoffs bit. :blink:

Hey just thinking, if the Sonics move to OKC, it would help with the Mid-West division. Right now it very spaced out, from Minnesota to Utah up to Seattle. What I would do is move Portland to the Pacific, Phoenix to the South West (they should be anyway - Arizona is the definition of Southwest) So it would be:

Pacific (Down the Coast):

Portland

Golden State

Sacramento

LA Lakers

LA Clippers

South West (Along the Rio Grand):

Phoenix

Houston

Dallas

San Antonio

New Orleans

Midwest (Now much closer together):

Minnesota

Utah

Denver

Oklahoma City

Memphis

If New Orleans moves to Vegas, then just swap divisions with Memphis.

First, the Ford logo shouldn't be above Ford Center. Just the Stadium logo is allowed, not the corporate sponsor for which its named. (However, I'd Like to see Ford Center written out in the Ford script, that might look nice.

Yeah, the Ford logo definetely wouldn't be allowed on the court... and for what it's worth, neither would the Ford script before "Center", even without the blue oval accompanying it, I think.

I'll be very disappointed if they remain the Sonics.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah, the Ford logo definetely wouldn't be allowed on the court... and for what it's worth, neither would the Ford script before "Center", even without the blue oval accompanying it, I think.

I'll be very disappointed if they remain the Sonics.

I've heard that the team would change the nickname if the move became offical.

I've also heard that "Barons" is a front running name.

Imagine....

durantbaronju2.jpg

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Hey just thinking, if the Sonics move to OKC, it would help with the Mid-West division. Right now it very spaced out, from Minnesota to Utah up to Seattle. What I would do is move Portland to the Pacific, Phoenix to the South West (they should be anyway - Arizona is the definition of Southwest) So it would be:

Portland

Golden State

Sacramento

LA Lakers

LA Clippers

Phoenix

Houston

Dallas

San Antonio

New Orleans

Minnesota

Utah

Denver

Oklahoma City

Memphis

I highly doubt that the NBA would want the South West to be that tough. They would probably rather have the talent spread throughout the conference.

Portland

Golden State

Sacramento

LA Lakers

LA Clippers

Phoenix

Houston

Dallas

San Antonio

New Orleans

Minnesota

Utah

Denver

Oklahoma City

Memphis

I highly doubt that the NBA would want the South West to be that tough. They would probably rather have the talent spread throughout the conference.

Where the hell is the "STOP REEL LINE MINT" graphic when you need it?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Portland

Golden State

Sacramento

LA Lakers

LA Clippers

Phoenix

Houston

Dallas

San Antonio

New Orleans

Minnesota

Utah

Denver

Oklahoma City

Memphis

Where the hell is the "STOP REEL LINE MINT" graphic when you need it?

Well, I think they'd have to realign because otherwise you'd have just portland in the midwest wayyy out by itself and minnesota wayy out by itself as well.

And also, you can't take strength of teams into consideration when aligning divisions. Those change all the time, this is a long term plan.

Archived