2008 NBA Playoffs

Drew22

So Boston can't beat the Hawks or the Cavs on the road, but they can beat the Pistons in the Palace? WTF mayne.

its exactly what i said. they didn't HAVE to beat the hawks or the cavs on the road because the hawks and cavs didn't win in boston. the situation changes when you HAVE to do something as opposed to other people thinking that it is something that you should do.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I went to the Pistons game tonight, and they were amazing. Apparently Jason Maxiell isn't afraid of KG. If you haven't seen his block on him tonight, I suggest you check youtube. There are already about ten videos of it. Maxiell had some other really nice plays too, including a great dunk. The Pistons outplayed the Celtics by A LOT, and it was closer than it should have been, due to bad free throw shooting by Detroit and great free throw shooting by Boston. Anyways, series is tied 2-2. Let's see if Detroit can win another one in Boston.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Well, I went to the Pistons game tonight, and they were amazing. Apparently Jason Maxiell isn't afraid of KG. If you haven't seen his block on him tonight, I suggest you check youtube. There are already about ten videos of it. Maxiell had some other really nice plays too, including a great dunk. The Pistons outplayed the Celtics by A LOT, and it was closer than it should have been, due to bad free throw shooting by Detroit and great free throw shooting by Boston. Anyways, series is tied 2-2. Let's see if Detroit can win another one in Boston.

Well you could say the Celtics should have won cause they would have if they didn't royally goddamn suck so bad the whole game. but I'm starting to get used to that this post season so it's moot. Plus they were actually getting the calls the whole game which is a rarity and still found some way to out suck themselves.

Is this the new thing now? You have a favorite team, but spend all of your time tearing them apart when they don't play well? Sometimes the other team really is better, and it doesn't mean that your guys are the worst of all time, lazy, unable to cope in the playoffs, getting bad calls, ugly, or bad tippers. Is it so impossible to tip your hat to the other guys without grinding your team into the dirt first?

And no, Gingerbreadman, I'm not singling you out. Tank has always been a Chicken Little, but there seems to be a rash of people hating their teams lately. And not the usual "I'm disappointed in my favorite team" stuff either. More just the "I hate those MF'ers and how they dare they have ever fooled me into rooting for them" variety.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well, I went to the Pistons game tonight, and they were amazing. Apparently Jason Maxiell isn't afraid of KG. If you haven't seen his block on him tonight, I suggest you check youtube. There are already about ten videos of it.

Shades of Tayshaun Prince in the 2004 Playoffs. Both of them are the best playoff blocks I've seen.

Well, I went to the Pistons game tonight, and they were amazing. Apparently Jason Maxiell isn't afraid of KG. If you haven't seen his block on him tonight, I suggest you check youtube. There are already about ten videos of it.

Shades of Tayshaun Prince in the 2004 Playoffs. Both of them are the best playoff blocks I've seen.

Yessir! Maxiell had one of the best blocks of the regular season too, when he blocked the Paul-Chandler alley-oop.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Is this the new thing now? You have a favorite team, but spend all of your time tearing them apart when they don't play well? Sometimes the other team really is better, and it doesn't mean that your guys are the worst of all time, lazy, unable to cope in the playoffs, getting bad calls, ugly, or bad tippers. Is it so impossible to tip your hat to the other guys without grinding your team into the dirt first?

And no, Gingerbreadman, I'm not singling you out. Tank has always been a Chicken Little, but there seems to be a rash of people hating their teams lately. And not the usual "I'm disappointed in my favorite team" stuff either. More just the "I hate those MF'ers and how they dare they have ever fooled me into rooting for them" variety.

Well the stark contrast between the regular season and the playoffs is flabbergasting, and I'm not gonna give them a free pass or anything because these are games they should be winning and they just aren't even close. It's that simple. That's my take.

It sucks that Boston has such a great team but they are stuck with a really bad coach. If they had someone other than Doc they would be cruising to the finals and most likely be the 2008 champs and then some.

It sucks that Boston has such a great team but they are stuck with a really bad coach. If they had someone other than Doc they would be cruising to the finals and most likely be the 2008 champs and then some.

doc didn't shoot 31% from the floor, doc didn't commit 14 turnovers, doc didn't go 1-9 from beyond the arc and besides, it isn't like they "cruised" by detroit in the regular season. no, doc couldn't come up with an answer for mcdyess or maxiell, but NONE of the big men in boston stepped up to stop them either. really, if this team is that good and doc is holding them back, how did they make it this far? there are other teams in the league (dallas, phoenix, and denver off the top of my head) who didn't make it this far because of "bad coaching" and i'm going to guess that boston wouldn't cruise by any of them.

to put it another way, not all of the blame for boston's losses rests with doc rivers.

doc didn't shoot 31% from the floor, doc didn't commit 14 turnovers, doc didn't go 1-9 from beyond the arc and besides, it isn't like they "cruised" by detroit in the regular season. no, doc couldn't come up with an answer for mcdyess or maxiell, but NONE of the big men in boston stepped up to stop them either. really, if this team is that good and doc is holding them back, how did they make it this far? there are other teams in the league (dallas, phoenix, and denver off the top of my head) who didn't make it this far because of "bad coaching" and i'm going to guess that boston wouldn't cruise by any of them.

to put it another way, not all of the blame for boston's losses rests with doc rivers.

Detroit is a good team but Doc should shoot himself for allowing the Atlanta series to go to game seven as well as the Cleveland series. Piss poor preperation on the road. They barely made it this far, they barely made it past the first round against a sub 500 team. Doc sucks

BTW, Phoenix, Dallas and especially Denver is no where near as talented as Boston.

One more thing (im killing the edit button) Getting to the eastern conference finals isnt that impressive. Not with the teams the east have. Really, it's a two team conference. There is a good chance Boston will not defeat the other team.

Joe Crawford's revenge

The NBA is fixed I am now convinced the NBA picks who they want in the finals I they want the Lakers to boost ratings. I think the allegations of disgraced ref Tim Dongahe should be taken very seriously.

How could they not call a foul there?

Unreal

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Joe Crawford's revenge

The NBA is fixed I am now convinced the NBA picks who they want in the finals I they want the Lakers to boost ratings. I think the allegations of disgraced ref Tim Dongahe should be taken very seriously.

Unreal

That's how I know the Lakers won the game. I don't even have to look at the box score, I can just look for Tank complaining about officiating.

Joe Crawford's revenge

Unreal

Oh come on for the love of all things stop complaining about the officiating. If the Lakers win it's obviously the refs' fault, but if they lose they got outplayed. Face it, the better team won tonight.

And even if that was a foul, that foul was before the shot, so at best the game would be tied, and what makes you automatically think the Lakers would lose in OT?

espnsig.gif

Joe Crawford's revenge

Unreal

Why do you watch the games if you think they're fixed?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I do agree it was before the shot so it should have been two shots only. Do I think the Lakers lose in OT I dont know, Manu Ginobili was ice cold, and in OT it would be anyone's game, but a foul is a foul and Barry was mugged.

This is why I have not watched much NBA this year, it seems that the team David Stern wants to win always wins, and the NBA wants and feels they need a Lakers-Celtics Finals for ratings so we are going to get Lakers vs Celtics.

Seriously it is very hard for me to watch that league right now. Id take a NCAA Game any day.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

I do agree it was before the shot so it should have been two shots only. Do I think the Lakers lose in OT I dont know, Manu Ginobili was ice cold, and in OT it would be anyone's game, but a foul is a foul and Barry was mugged.

This is why I have not watched much NBA this year, it seems that the team David Stern wants to win always wins, and the NBA wants and feels they need a Lakers-Celtics Finals for ratings so we are going to get Lakers vs Celtics.

Seriously it is very hard for me to watch that league right now. Id take a NCAA Game any day.

Now let me ask you this, if you think the league wants Lakers-Celtics, why has it allowed the Celtics-Pistons series to be tied 2-2?

espnsig.gif

Now let me ask you this, if you think the league wants Lakers-Celtics, why has it allowed the Celtics-Pistons series to be tied 2-2?

[believer that the nba is fixed]

enhancing the story i'd say. this whole thing is playing out like a wwe event...

[/believer that the nba is fixed]

<_<

i've been watching basketball on just about every level in both genders since i was old enough to pay attention. long enough to know that you usually don't get that call at the end of the game if you don't sell the contact. that whistle is almost always going to be a reaction to one player making a lot of noise and/or falling to the ground. brent didn't do it, brent didn't get the call. game. set. lakers.

So people wont catch on? I dunno. :P

enhancing the story i'd say. this whole thing is playing out like a wwe event...

<_<

i've been watching basketball on just about every level in both genders since i was old enough to pay attention. long enough to know that you usually don't get that call at the end of the game if you don't sell the contact. that whistle is almost always going to be a reaction to one player making a lot of noise and/or falling to the ground. brent didn't do it, brent didn't get the call. game. set. lakers.

Exactly if the Pistons blow out the Celtics the refs cant do anything but I can picture Game 7 tied in the final 5 mins Celtics Pistons.

KG can mug Billups and they will let it go but if Billups touched KG the whistle comes out.

Just watch, its the same story the last 20 years remember the Jordan rules. The Bulls had a great team and deserved most of their titles, but there were several games over that period the refs helped.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

<_<

Having only seen it once or twice, I'm also not sure there was actually any contact until Brent Barry put the ball to the floor, lowered his shoulder and tried to get past Fisher. Not sure what I'm getting at there. I'd have to see it again but I wouldn't have whistled it. There was contact, and if Barry sells it better he's shooting two, but like you said, you're not typically going to get that call late in a game without selling the contact.

Besides, speaking of Donaghy, Tank... the Spurs benefitted from his officiating last year.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived