2008 NBA Playoffs

Drew22

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They should send rings to the Grizzlies GM for gift wrapping Gasol

exactly.....you will never see a giveaway trade like that again for a while. The Lakers robbed the grizzlies on that deal.

Dear Memphis GM,

Good luck with Kwame Brown!

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

True. As soon as that trade was made, the Grizz basically sent the Lakers a ticket to the Finals.

True. As soon as that trade was made, the Grizz basically sent the Lakers a ticket to the Finals.

... or one for whoever was responsible for Andrew Bynum's injury. :upside:

Amazing, I wonder how many pundits picked the Lakers to be in the "Finals"?

I saw, I came, I left.

The Lake Show is in the Finals.

And somewhere, David Stern and the NBA brass (and, presumably, Bill Simmons) are all probably pissing all over themselves at the prospect of an LA vs Boston Finals. Hell...if you ask me, they've been trying to do this for years--match up the two biggest markets. Well...Boston is close enough to NY, and it's clearly visible now thanks to the recent successes of both the Red Sox and the Cheate--er, the Patriots, so I think Stern and his boys will take that, too.

Well...that's if Boston gets past Detroit. (*MUST REFRAIN FROM COMMENTING ON OFFICIATING*)

But shoot...that'll be one great series to watch, should that happen. Oh--and for all those who have an absolute calcified boner for "classic" uniform looks...this one oughtta be a big-time treat. Shoot...the only thing that would be missing is the short shorts--unless the Lakers feel like breaking those out again and sticking with them for the whole game... :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

... or one for whoever was responsible for Andrew Bynum's injury. :upside:

Amazing, I wonder how many pundits picked the Lakers to be in the "Finals"?

I'm willing to guess more had them picking in the lottery than in the Finals. Nice trade for Los Angeles.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Barring a miracle, it looks like it's going to be a Celtics/Lakers final.

If the Pistons are smart, they'll fire Flip Saunders -- for the talent they have on offense, they have one of the most predictable, unimaginative offenses I've ever seen.

IUe6Hvh.png

Wow. Speechless right now. No way did I think the Celtics could win TWO games on the road against Detroit. Gotta tip my hat to the Celtics. I doubted them all year long, and they've proven me wrong. Can't deny that - I can say with absolute certainty right now that they were the best team in the conference after this performance.

Lakers vs Celtics - I may not like either organization, but boy this is going to be a great series for the NBA. I'm pretty conflicted. I hate both organizations, but man, the Lakers are fun to watch and the new Kobe Bryant really turned me into more of a Kobe supporter. He trusts his teammates, he plays like he's having fun and he just finally gets the big picture. I'm also a big Gasol guy and have to support my fellow Queens native Lamar Odom. The Celtics, well, I reeeeeeally hate them for numerous reasons, but I admire KG a great deal and in a perfect world, he'd have a ring without being a Celtic. I don't know if I'm going to root for anyone... first time I can actually say that.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Well, congratulations to the Celtics. The Pistons were playing sloppy once they got the ten point lead, and the Celtics took advantage. Also, I cannot believe Flip was playing Ratliff more than Maxiell, he is horrible. This is really not the Finals I wanted to see though. Obviously, I would have liked to see the Pistons there, but this is the one I really didn't want. I really couldn't care less who wins now.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Well, congratulations to the Celtics. The Pistons were playing sloppy once they got the ten point lead, and the Celtics took advantage. Also, I cannot believe Flip was playing Ratliff more than Maxiell, he is horrible. This is really not the Finals I wanted to see though. Obviously, I would have liked to see the Pistons there, but this is the one I really didn't want. I really couldn't care less who wins now.

Pistons were too banged up to keep up with the Celtics

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived