2008 NBA Playoffs

Drew22

The lottery was tonight, and with a 1.7% chance of getting the first pick, the Bulls got it. Derrick Rose, welcome back home.

Derrick Rose?????... The Bulls need a PF, that was one of their weaknesses. They need to take Michael Beasley

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The lottery was tonight, and with a 1.7% chance of getting the first pick, the Bulls got it. Derrick Rose, welcome back home.

Derrick Rose?????... The Bulls need a PF, that was one of their weaknesses. They need to take Michael Beasley

The Bulls went to the 9th to the 1st overall pick. I didn't expect them to win.

Who ever they get they will have a young talent team next season, and something too look forward too.

4kv29i.jpg

Well, the Celtics take game one. The Pistons are capable of playing much better than they did tonight. They had tons of unforced turnovers (they weren't all unforced though, Rondo had some nice steals). Rasheed and Chauncey didn't play too great (I believe Stuckey actually played a better game), and the Pistons seemed to hold the ball and take bad shots far too much. All of these problems, and they lost by 9 on the road. Definitely plenty of room for improvement to make up those nine points for next game, and hopefully they will make those improvements.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Well, it is a lottery. Even with the chances of winning it being less then 2%, the Bulls took it.

Now if I was the Bulls GM, I'm taking Beasley bar none. Rose is a great player, but I think a player the caliber of Beasley is one of a kind.

If the Bulls goof and take Rose, the Heat will snatch up Beasley and Miami will end up resurrecting itself thanks to it's newly formed two headed beast of Beasley and Wade.

Assuming Dwyane Wade can actually stay healthy. But, sometimes there's a player that you have to take, regardless of your need and everything else. Derrick Rose might be that player for the Bulls. The Bulls suck, and Chicago is quickly losing interest in them. The Blackhawks are threatening to overtake them in winter sport popularity. They need to make a PR move in addition to a basketball move. I think they'll take Rose, and parlay some combo of a couple of their guards/future picks for an adequate low-post scorer.

Well, it is a lottery. Even with the chances of winning it being less then 2%, the Bulls took it.

Now if I was the Bulls GM, I'm taking Beasley bar none. Rose is a great player, but I think a player the caliber of Beasley is one of a kind.

If the Bulls goof and take Rose, the Heat will snatch up Beasley and Miami will end up resurrecting itself thanks to it's newly formed two headed beast of Beasley and Wade.

Assuming Dwyane Wade can actually stay healthy. But, sometimes there's a player that you have to take, regardless of your need and everything else. Derrick Rose might be that player for the Bulls. The Bulls suck, and Chicago is quickly losing interest in them. The Blackhawks are threatening to overtake them in winter sport popularity. They need to make a PR move in addition to a basketball move. I think they'll take Rose, and parlay some combo of a couple of their guards/future picks for an adequate low-post scorer.

That's what I was thinking when I said I thought they would take Rose. The Bulls weren't a playoff team last year like they should have been, they were nowhere close to that. The entire team was bad, just not down low. I'd be fine if they took Beasley, but they are going to be losing some of their guards and they need help both down low but also at the guards. Neither pick would be a bad, but I think that Rose would be better for the organization as a whole.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Taking Derrick Rose would still make sense for the Bulls. I agree on the PR move since Rose is a Chicago native. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls are still high on Tyrus Thomas, with a veteran like Drew Gooden available, and Joakim Noah being able to play PF as well. Not to mention if they take Rose, Kirk Hinrich can become expendable, and there are plenty of teams looking for point guards. A new rumour just came with with Hinrich to, coincidentally the team with the 2nd pick, the Miami Heat. There's a chance that if the Bulls are looking for an upgrade in PF, Udonis Haslem might be a choice, assuming the Heat and Shawn Marion agree to a deal, and also taking Michael Beasley.

As a Dwyane Wade fan, a combination of Wade, Marion, Beasley, and Hinrich sounds very exciting. :P

Wade-sig.png

You gotta love that call at the end Ginobilli gets tackled Lakers get to take foul shots, the refs decide the winner and the call came from on high for a Lakers-Celtics Final

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You gotta love that call at the end Ginobilli gets tackled Lakers get to take foul shots, the refs decide the winner and the call came from on high for a Lakers-Celtics Final

So basically, you're saying both series are already over?

:/

Pretty much the refs are going to give every close call to the Lakers and Celtics, this is why I have lost interest in the NBA I think Dongnhae (sp?) is telling the truth the refs let factors control how they call the game.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Pretty much the refs are going to give every close call to the Lakers and Celtics, this is why I have lost interest in the NBA I think Dongnhae (sp?) is telling the truth the refs let factors control how they call the game.

and the fact that the spurs were up 20 then shot themselves in the foot to allow the lakers to come back in the first place is the refs fault as well? i had no idea. :blink:

For what it's worth, the Spurs have no right to complain about officiating. They've flopped and cheapshotted their way to all of their more recent titles. God bless the officials that finally call them on it.

IUe6Hvh.png

I didn't see the play, but I don't know why you're so obsessed with this conspiracy theory that the NBA wants the Lakers and Celtics in the Finals. Okay, sure, after a few lackluster Finals matchups (that coincidentally seem to always involve the Spurs or Pistons...) they might secretly be wanting to see new fresh faces, but come on.... you're starting to sound like 90% of posters on other message boards *cough*ESPN*cough*..... "If your team didn't win, blame the refs!". That's the battle cry of a sore loser or a hater. Plus other posters are right, the Spurs are notorious floppers, so it's about time someone calls them for it.

Again I know you're gonna roast me for this, being that you think the Lakers have the refs in the back pocket, but that's just not the case, the officiating is crappy all the way around, not just in Lakers or Celtics games.

Oh and I am so enjoying seeing the Celtics finally lose a home game.... let's hope their road woes continue :D

espnsig.gif

the bad part about last night's game is that ray allen may have finally found his shot. should his struggles end, winning in boston gets a LOT tougher. i'm staying with my prediction of pistons in 6, but don't be surprised to see boston win one in detroit if ray allen becomes an offensive force.

the fan in me loves what last night's loss to the celtics means to boston's mental state. now that they can't rely on home court advantage, winning a game in detroit after they've gone 0-8 on the road becomes a much more difficult task for boston. what little athlete is left in me says that boston's loss will motivate them to play harder on the road than they have and if detroit becomes fans of themselves, like they're so used to doing when they're ahead, boston will win at least one in detroit.

here's hoping that 'sheed meant what he said when he said the window was closing fast and its now or never for the pistons.

Boston just lost at home. Now it's ALL on the Celtics to finally win a game on the road.

If they couldn't do it in Atlanta or Cleveland, why should they in DEEEEE-TROIT!!!?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

its not about should, at this point. its the fact that they have to that makes this series different now. do not count them out yet, and for the love of god detroit don't look past them now. there's 3 games to win still.

I really don't think anybody should count out anybody in either series until one team wins four. That said the Celtics are gonna lose easily if they don't stop sucking :censored:.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a real series now between Boston and Detroit. Boston really needed that kick in the ass by losing at home to make them desperate enough to play to win on the road. I had a feeling Boston would win one in Detroit sooner or later. I'll be expecting a Pistons assault in Game 3, but it's going to be a fun series now, that's for sure.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Archived