2008 NBA Playoffs

Drew22

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Road Warriors the Celtics are not

And someone is bound to win a game in Boston.

That's why the won't win a championship this year.

Okay, we get it. You hate the Celtics (join the club) and love the Cavs.

Hate is a strong word. Since they haven't won anything in the last 22 years there is not much to hate about them. I'm just saying that first the Hawks & now the Cavs are exposing them for the frauds they are. Oh ya KG should grow some balls. He hid in the locker room and wouldn't come out to talk to the national media after the game.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Hate is a strong word. Since they haven't won anything in the last 22 years there is not much to hate about them. I'm just saying that first the Hawks & now the Cavs are exposing them for the frauds they are. Oh ya KG should grow some balls. He hid in the locker room and wouldn't come out to talk to the national media after the game.

Fine. But the bolded part is proving my point. Just stop, please?

Win or lose you should talk to the media.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Win or lose you should talk to the media.

Why? They are the enemy.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

OK...Time out.

Even if the Cavaliers were to eliminate the Celtics, what makes you think that the Cavs would be able to beat a refocused and angry Pistons team in the next round?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

OK...Time out.

Even if the Cavaliers were to eliminate the Celtics, what makes you think that the Cavs would be able to beat a refocused and angry Pistons team in the next round?

I don't think the Cavs would beat the Pistons. But then nobody said they would beat them last year, and we all know what happened. Oh wait maybe they would after all Flip is their coach.

OK...Time out.

I don't think the Cavs would beat the Pistons. But then nobody said they would beat them last year, and we all know what happened. Oh wait maybe they would after all Flip is their coach.

Since you claim to be in DFW, are you Dan McDowell? Wait, Dan would not be on a board like this and he would be dissing the Stars. Are we having fun now? No, I assume.

But if you are Dan, I never listen to BaDD Radio.

Why? They are the enemy.

Are you for real with that quote? I hope not. Without ESPN, SI, or the rest, pro sports leagues make a whole let less money. Those cameras that transmit sports action into your living room are "the media." They're anything but the "enemy." They're the only way you get to watch grown men in matching costumes play games with each other.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Ummm, time to interject some Western Conference stuff in here.... Tonight is a PIVOTAL game between the Spurs and my Hornets. Man, this one is really tough to judge... New Orleans looked like world beaters in the first two game sof the series, messed up late in game 3, then got totally blown out all through Game 4. Wonder how much of how this series progressing is (1) Duncan's reported illness in games 1 and 2, (2) Popovich's coaching moves in games 3 and 4 ( and Scott's not having a coaching answer), and (3) home-court advantage. I guess we'll see tonight, but safe to say, I am a more than a little worried. I had picked the Hornets to win this series... About the only consolation I have is that the Celtics and Lakers also were taken to 2-2 with home wins and away losses.... Speaking of the Lakers, looks like they'll be taken to game seven due to Utah definite home-court advantage, but I still think in the long run they have what it take to take it all in the West.....

It is what it is.

Boy, people sure do get sensitive and defensive when the beloved Celtics with the "Big 3" get criticized.

I'm not going to bash Boston, because they've exceeded my expectations in terms of the regular season. They were 100% focused on their goal of attaining home court in the playoffs, and let it be known, they did just as they set out to do. So kudos to them on that.

The problem, however, lies in that very goal. Now that they HAVE home court advantage throughout the playoffs, and has a stellar homecourt record at home during the season, the Celtics seem too reliant on that "advantage." Watching them play 5 road games thus far, you can tell they really don't care about finishing off a team while they're hot. They're too content to say "well, we'd LIKE to win a game on the road, but we don't HAVE to since we KNOW we'll win our home games." That is, to me, the most off-putting about this Celtics team. They have zero sense of immediacy and have bought in to their own hype. There's no killer instinct on this team. After Game 1 coming back and winning, they got their swagger back. Then game the blowout in Game 2. The Celtics, by all means, should've at least split a game in Cleveland the way they were playing and should've knocked the Hawks into last year after Games 1 and 2 being blowouts.

Sure, thus far it's worked out for them. They lose games on the road, let teams get their confidence back, extend the series farther than it needs to go and then crush their opponents at home on national television in front of a pumped up home crowd. That's all well and good for now... but as we all said, should they get past Cleveland, Detroit will not allow that to happen. Once you get to the final 2 rounds... IF they get that far, teams like Detroit, San Antonio, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Utah and San Antonio... mainly San Antonio and Detroit, will not go 0-4 in Boston. They will get at least 1, and unfortunately for the Celtics, if they even lose 1 game at home in a series, they no longer have any kind of mental advantage and suddenly come falling back to earth. This Cleveland series is HUGE for them in terms of getting a road game under the belt to prove to critics and more importantly, themselves, that they're not coasting anymore.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Why? They are the enemy.

Are you for real with that quote? I hope not. Without ESPN, SI, or the rest, pro sports leagues make a whole let less money. Those cameras that transmit sports action into your living room are "the media." They're anything but the "enemy." They're the only way you get to watch grown men in matching costumes play games with each other.

I admit I was in a snarky mood. That said, at times I wonder if ESPN, at the least, truly is worth it for sports fans.

Today, we are all otaku.

Why? They are the enemy.

I admit I was in a snarky mood. That said, at times I wonder if ESPN, at the least, truly is worth it for sports fans.

I present myself. I'm a sports fan. I have a relatively good idea of what's going on in the sports world. My source of information? SI.com and that's it. I avoid the ESPN empire because it drives me nuts, and there's nothing keeping you or anyone else from doing the same.

You've got the power!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Why? They are the enemy.

I present myself. I'm a sports fan. I have a relatively good idea of what's going on in the sports world. My source of information? SI.com and that's it. I avoid the ESPN empire because it drives me nuts, and there's nothing keeping you or anyone else from doing the same.

You've got the power!

Well...my enjoyment of arena football is kind of an issue in that regard, :blink: but otherwise, I am fighting it.

Today, we are all otaku.

OK...Time out.

Since you claim to be in DFW, are you Dan McDowell? Wait, Dan would not be on a board like this and he would be dissing the Stars. Are we having fun now? No, I assume.

But if you are Dan, I never listen to BaDD Radio.

The ticket is the single worst sports station i could think of. the local evening show is 98% non-sports and 2% sports and thats just to justify them being on a sports station.The only thing thats remotely interesting is Big Dick's P1 wild ass circus and thats just to kill time before switching to Coast 2 Coast AM.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Boy, people sure do get sensitive and defensive when the beloved Celtics with the "Big 3" get criticized.

I'm not going to bash Boston, because they've exceeded my expectations in terms of the regular season. They were 100% focused on their goal of attaining home court in the playoffs, and let it be known, they did just as they set out to do. So kudos to them on that.

The problem, however, lies in that very goal. Now that they HAVE home court advantage throughout the playoffs, and has a stellar homecourt record at home during the season, the Celtics seem too reliant on that "advantage." Watching them play 5 road games thus far, you can tell they really don't care about finishing off a team while they're hot. They're too content to say "well, we'd LIKE to win a game on the road, but we don't HAVE to since we KNOW we'll win our home games." That is, to me, the most off-putting about this Celtics team. They have zero sense of immediacy and have bought in to their own hype. There's no killer instinct on this team. After Game 1 coming back and winning, they got their swagger back. Then game the blowout in Game 2. The Celtics, by all means, should've at least split a game in Cleveland the way they were playing and should've knocked the Hawks into last year after Games 1 and 2 being blowouts.

Sure, thus far it's worked out for them. They lose games on the road, let teams get their confidence back, extend the series farther than it needs to go and then crush their opponents at home on national television in front of a pumped up home crowd. That's all well and good for now... but as we all said, should they get past Cleveland, Detroit will not allow that to happen. Once you get to the final 2 rounds... IF they get that far, teams like Detroit, San Antonio, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Utah and San Antonio... mainly San Antonio and Detroit, will not go 0-4 in Boston. They will get at least 1, and unfortunately for the Celtics, if they even lose 1 game at home in a series, they no longer have any kind of mental advantage and suddenly come falling back to earth. This Cleveland series is HUGE for them in terms of getting a road game under the belt to prove to critics and more importantly, themselves, that they're not coasting anymore.

I really hope you're not talking about me. That was one member making an excessive number of posts saying stupid things ESPN said in favor of Cleveland. Did I not bash them myself? And, I completely agree with you on all you just said...

I really hope you're not talking about me.

Nah, noone in particular. Just a generic observation... especially people I work with.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I really hope you're not talking about me.

Nah, noone in particular. Just a generic observation... especially people I work with.

and the celtics bandwagon that sprang up after game 7 with atlanta. for some reason people in cincy are so desperate for a win that they'll back anybody...execpt of course the only winning team in town (albeit minor league), the cyclones. <_<

Archived