2008 NBA Playoffs

Drew22

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calm down everyone.

Drew, you watched a Boston broadcast. What the hell do you expect? No, it wasn't a headbutt, but he put his head in his face, and they did touch. I don't think KG at that point was doing a flop (unlike your Euro man) to draw a headbutt call or whatever, he was trying to get out of his face. You think maybe a local announcer is stating his opinion? You think that opinion would ever be in favor of Pachulia? (Which it shouldn't be, by the way, for numerous reasons) I am certainly not going to call out Atlanta broadcasters for stating that KG was at fault. They both deserved technicals, no doubt about it. But no need to lose your beans about a local announcer's viewpoint/opinion of a major moment

I am not going to make excuses for KG, but you know it was in the heat of the moment. Obviously he wasn't thinking about the rule that states you will receive an auto one game suspension for intentionally touching a referee. Does that mean he shouldn't be punished? Absolutely not. And you know what? If I were a Hawk fan or if that were Pachulia, I would be saying the exact same thing. It's no conspiracy here, it's the playoffs. He should absolutely be hit with a very large fine but the NBA knows(!) (:P) how much more one game means in the playoffs. Call me a homer, but I would feel that way if it was Al Horford or Bruce Bowen or even Alex Rodriguez in that position.

I am really disappointed that Paul Pierce's "gang sign" made millions of little children go out and mug somebody, because they can obviously make that kind of connection and possibly be influenced by it(just like they are by Grand Theft Auto -- which is another story). Bull freaking :censored:.

Obviously the NBA is a huge giant cluster-:censored: but how in the freaking world is that a fine and not KG shoving a ref?

slideshow_522601_fight.jpg

BAN.

I guess not...

The league office is bull :censored:.

Yeah, but you know what? It may be better for the Hawks that no one got suspended. If Garnett gets suspended, they also likely suspend Marvin Williams and that other Boston player, and possibly something happens to Pachulia too. Boston can afford to lose Garnett and/or that other player for a game. The Hawks can't afford to lose Williams and/or Pachulia, their roster isn't as deep. The Hawks have already beaten the supposed unbeatable Celtics twice with their full roster.....

Man, Phoenix cannot finish games.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

There's also some rumblings about D'Antoni possibly getting fired in Phoenix. The Hawks have a young team that's probably better suited for a fast-pace, high-scoring game that D'Antoni brought to Phoenix.....unless the Hawks make the next round, and D'Antoni gets released, should the Hawks can Woodson and get D'Antoni?

There's also some rumblings about D'Antoni possibly getting fired in Phoenix. The Hawks have a young team that's probably better suited for a fast-pace, high-scoring game that D'Antoni brought to Phoenix.....unless the Hawks make the next round, and D'Antoni gets released, should the Hawks can Woodson and get D'Antoni?

IMO, the only way Woodson stays is if the Hawks somehow get by the Celtics and advance. Being the coach of a victorious 8 seed will get you at least a year and a half of job security.

But I've still got some doubts about D'Antoni. Our team right now gets fast break opportunities due to defense. D'Antoni's idea of creating a fast break is giving the PG the ball and running 100 mph after letting the other team score so you could get the ball in the first place. So yeah, I'm not a fan of D'Antoni's "defense is optional" strategy. That's not going to work in the East, where the game slows down considerably with teams that pride themselves on D such as the Celtics and Pistons.

Outside of the games, there has been a firing...

Avery Johnson is shown the door after the Mavs' last two playoff failures

Woah... Sounds like Mr. Cuban is not happy with this failure of epic proportions.

can't say that i'm shocked. but i wouldn't call it a failure of epic of proportions. The mavs struggled all season long and going in to the post season there was speculation they wouldn't even make the playoffs. the team after going on their playoff run for whatever reason underperformed the last 2 years and somebody payed the price for it.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

InTheEnd...is Bavetta reffing any of the games in this series?

You jinxed it. He's reffing tonight.

Nah, the Hawks are just a bad road team facing the best home team in the NBA. So it's no surprise that they're struggling right now.

Well, the Celtics are going to have a chance to clinch at Philips on Friday, unless the Hawks make the greatest comeback of all time in the shortest amount of time.

What did I learn from this game? It confirmed that the Hawks are two different teams: Home Hawks and Away Hawks. Home Hawks can do some amazing things. Away Hawks are the Same Ol' Hawks.

Let's see what happens on Friday. Will the Celtics put this away, or will the Hawks keep up the home streak?

Archived