2008 NBA Playoffs

Drew22

InTheEnd...is Bavetta reffing any of the games in this series?

You jinxed it. He's reffing tonight.

:therock:

Do you honestly not know that your team just got out played?

(bow)

Nah, the Hawks are just a bad road team facing the best home team in the NBA. So it's no surprise that they're struggling right now.

They also happen to be the best road team. Go figure! :D

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sumimasen

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

All I meant was because you asked if he was going to ref, that meant he was going to ref. I know the Hawks just got outplayed.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

All I meant was because you asked if he was going to ref, that meant he was going to ref. I know the Hawks just got outplayed.

Yeah, I know, I was joking.

It's about damn time the Pistons played like the Pistoffs. :P

That was a monumental ass whipping.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Doc Rivers = Loser.

The Celtics deserved to lose that game, down 4 with 3 minutes left they are launching threes? What was the logic with that.

The worst part was on the next possession they go for two. They got away with it cause Bibby missed a free throw, not like the Celtics tied it up anyway.

Doc Rivers = Loser.

Truer words have never been spoken. That they would have entrusted all that talent to Doc Rivers shows just how little the Celtics have learned. I don't know that Avery Johnson is the answer, but he'd be a damn sight better than Rivers.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Gawd, doze rephs suk!!!11 Dey costed da Cellticks da gaim uhgin!!!11 Eye m sew sik uv diss!!11

That's about it, right Gingy?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Tonight was awesome. I went to GT to watch it with some drunk frat guys, and we had a freaking BALL once the Hawks won. I think we might've booked tickets to Boston on Sunday by accident. :P

But this is really awesome. Win or lose, I am really proud of this team and their effort this series. It's truly been amazing to watch.

It was also amazing to see Paul Pierce. It's obvious that he and the rest of that team wants no part of Atlanta any more. They'll probably win Game 7, but they probably won't do too much after this series. After all, if they can't beat the 'worst' playoff team in the NBA, then how are they gonna beat the Cavs or Pistons in their house?

Tonight was awesome. I went to GT to watch it with some drunk frat guys, and we had a freaking BALL once the Hawks won. I think we might've booked tickets to Boston on Sunday by accident. :P

But this is really awesome. Win or lose, I am really proud of this team and their effort this series. It's truly been amazing to watch.

It was also amazing to see Paul Pierce. It's obvious that he and the rest of that team wants no part of Atlanta any more. They'll probably win Game 7, but they probably won't do too much after this series. After all, if they can't beat the 'worst' playoff team in the NBA, then how are they gonna beat the Cavs or Pistons in their house?

one thing this series proves true, 'never underestimate your enemy no matter how weak they may appear and never look past him to your next battle.' I think what happed thus far is the Celts got caught underestimating and over looking the hawks, figuring they probably had the series won with out shooting a single shot. They probably thought they had the series won and was preparing for a team like Detroit or Cleveland. They Celts will probably win game 7 but the hawks will make them earn it. Its not going to be a gimme.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

And the good news is, the Hawks didn't play their best last night, but they managed to keep it close until the 4th quarter.

Boston looked tight....really tight. They were hitting their shots until that stretch early in the 4th, when their offense looked confused and taking crazy shots. I have a feeling that Boston is going to be really tight, especially in front of their fans who, in all probability, will be quick to turn against the Celtics, especially if the game is close. The Hawks have got to get off to a quick start and get the crowd in a sour mood on the home team. Aside from Cassell (who just annoys the hell out of me), Boston's roster is full of guys who are known for various degrees of choke-jobs and coming up well short when their season is on the ropes. Folks like Garnett and Pierce have got to be thinking about their past playoff failures.....

BTW...did MacGrady make his pouty face again last night?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

one thing this series proves true, 'never underestimate your enemy no matter how weak they may appear and never look past him to your next battle.' I think what happed thus far is the Celts got caught underestimating and over looking the hawks, figuring they probably had the series won with out shooting a single shot. They probably thought they had the series won and was preparing for a team like Detroit or Cleveland. They Celts will probably win game 7 but the hawks will make them earn it. Its not going to be a gimme.

I don't know. I don't think a team can underestimate another team 3 times out of 6 straight games against that team. They may have underestimated them once, but not the rest of the times. Unless they all have extremely short memories.

Anyways, the Pistons started Round two the way they should have started round one. Hopefully this means they learned something from the sixers series. If they can get this series over with quickly, they will get a lot of rest, since they already have a jump on the other series for round 2. I do expect the Magic to play better than they did tonight though.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived