2008 NBA Playoffs

Drew22

You would've never guessed after this post that this is a fan of a team that won 66 games and the first two games of this series by a combined 40+ points.

Heh. I like this. The Hawks have got the Celtics and their bandwagon "Nation" hot and bothered.

Where was Pierce's 40+ point effort at? Where were his gang signs at? Where was KG's nipple flashing at? Where's Sam Cassell's big balls at? Where's his craftyness at? Where's the composure from the "best team in the league" at? Where, I ask?! WHERE?! :P

Eh. At least us "bandwagon" fans down here get to celebrate a "Super Bowl win." That's more than what the Patriots fans could say about this year. :D

I was just talking about the confetti! :D

Those Boston sports fans. Gracious in defeat, classy in victory, and always maintaining a reasonable perspective. I wouldn't poke fun, but boy if it isn't so easy. And entertaining too.

I believe you said this to someone, but don't you have something better to do than worry/comment about everything I say about anything?

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You would've never guessed after this post that this is a fan of a team that won 66 games and the first two games of this series by a combined 40+ points.

Heh. I like this. The Hawks have got the Celtics and their bandwagon "Nation" hot and bothered.

Where was Pierce's 40+ point effort at? Where were his gang signs at? Where was KG's nipple flashing at? Where's Sam Cassell's big balls at? Where's his craftyness at? Where's the composure from the "best team in the league" at? Where, I ask?! WHERE?! :P

Eh. At least us "bandwagon" fans down here get to celebrate a "Super Bowl win." That's more than what the Patriots fans could say about this year. :D

I was just talking about the confetti! :D

The confetti is a bit much. I remember I was there and I figured that was a bit much.

But I don't blame the organization. This is crazy!

The Jazz are facing T-Mac who is allergic to playoff wins

P.S: Sorry about your Celtics, Gingy. Nontheless, if and only IF the get out of the series alive, I'll have you know that I had your Celtics winning the east. I think I'll still have them heading that direction.

Yeah, so did most people. This is just a big shock to most people, myself included. Just gotta erase the last 4 games and start over, this time with the right mental approach to carry us through the obstacles.

You'd even erase wins? :blink:

InTheEnd...is Bavetta reffing any of the games in this series?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

P.S: Sorry about your Celtics, Gingy. Nontheless, if and only IF the get out of the series alive, I'll have you know that I had your Celtics winning the east. I think I'll still have them heading that direction.

Yeah, so did most people. This is just a big shock to most people, myself included. Just gotta erase the last 4 games and start over, this time with the right mental approach to carry us through the obstacles.

Yeah, you just have to erase it all. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Just say, this is a 3-game series. You can still win it easily, with focus and sane play and good coaching.

Hasn't yet. I'm not sure there's anywhere you can find out who the assigned officials are for the rest of the games.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah, you just have to erase it all. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Just say, this is a 3-game series. You can still win it easily, with focus and sane play and good coaching.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't mash the panic button yet. Game 5's probably going to be the series. If the Celtics win...they're advancing; I just cannot see them dropping a game 7 at home. Conversely, if the Hawks win, well...Boston seems to be having trouble on the road right about now.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

-Why the :censored: were they playing the Cheers theme song?

It was the background music for the video montage of various Hawks supporters placing various Hawks items on Boston landmarks, such as magnets on subway trains and Hawks jerseys being displayed next to Red Sox jerseys.

slideshow_522601_fight.jpg

BAN.

So KG is out the Boston games then, right? Ouch. I guess that's the kind of veteran leadership they mortgaged the franchise for, huh?

I still hope the Celtics pull the series out, but how hilarious would it be if they blew it against the Washington Generals?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

There's something really, really strange going on with basketball teams in the state of Georgia. Over a month ago, the Georgia men's team came into the league tournament last in the division and an overall record under .500, and wound up winning the tournament.

Now, the Hawks, with their losing record and facing the team with the best record in the league, are suddenly catching fire. And I'm starting to get that feeling I got when UGA's team won that second game in one day with the Hawks now......

slideshow_522601_fight.jpg

BAN.

So KG is out the Boston games then, right? Ouch. I guess that's the kind of veteran leadership they mortgaged the franchise for, huh?

I still hope the Celtics pull the series out, but how hilarious would it be if they blew it against the Washington Generals?

I wouldn't call dumping the eclectic collection of failure incarnate known to the world as the 2007-08 Minnesota Timberwolves as "mortgaging the franchise."

Still...if Garnett's gone....the Celtics can pick up their tantous at the door.

Today, we are all otaku.

Nuggets done... this GAME it was all on the officials... 5 offensive fouls in the last 8 minutes of the quarter.

Yep, the Refs swept the Nuggets. The Lakers were just bystanders.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Nuggets done... this GAME it was all on the officials... 5 offensive fouls in the last 8 minutes of the quarter.

Yep, the Refs swept the Nuggets. The Lakers were just bystanders.

I said that ONE GAME, THE END of it. The Nuggets put themselves in an 0-3 hole, but they did everything they could to win that game last night, and it was one offensive foul after another, and I do blame the refs for that. Something isn't right when Martin, Nene & Melo ALL foul out before there was 4 minutes left in the game.

Could it be possible that the Rich and Creamies just freaking gave up? It's that simple, and it took freaking Carmelo to say that after Game 3.

Don't blame the refs, because they had just as good of a chance to win a game or two against the Lakers. Blame the damn team for half-assing it against a team that they can beat.

Zaza apparently....headbutts?

What is wrong with you Boston announcers? That was no where near a head butt. Take of the homer blinders and watch what happened.

Also in that clip, you can see where KG tries to fling the ref off of him. Are you allowed to physically get into it with a ref?

Thanks to TrueHoop, this is what Paul Pierce did.

ed848.jpg

More here.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Zaza apparently....headbutts?

What is wrong with you Boston announcers? That was no where near a head butt. Take of the homer blinders and watch what happened.

Also in that clip, you can see where KG tries to fling the ref off of him. Are you allowed to physically get into it with a ref?

Thanks to TrueHoop, this is what Paul Pierce did.

ed848.jpg

More here.

the "headbutt" came from zaza getting in kg's face and kg feinting backwards making it look like he got hit. in my opinion, zaza can talk from where he stood, or just laughed when the whistle blew, instead puts his forehead on another player and gets hit with a technical. smart move by kg to even things out. that said, did i just watch a local broadcast? the announcers were clearly biased, but i fixed it. I turned the volume off after guy said "we can't replace kevin garnett."

they hadn't mentioned a headbutt by then, so i don't know when they called it that, but the refs must have agreed since zaza got hit with a tech too.

btw. anyone else laughing at the east's two best regular season teams NOT leading their series' right now?

Archived