2008 NBA Playoffs

Drew22

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, I take it nobody watches the Pistons? Okay, maybe a couple, but game 4 wasn't even mentioned on these boards. The last two games have been great, and Tayshaun Prince has come up HUGE at the end of both. The game winning shot in game 4, and a block on Turkoglu with about 15 seconds up by 3 in game 5. Both of these games were won without Chauncey Billups. This will make a 6th straight appearance in the Eastern Conference Finals, and they get to sit back and watch the Celtics and Cavs battle it out. I am hoping for a Spurs-Pistons Finals, because the media would HATE it. There wouldn't be superstars, it would be hard fought team basketball with a couple teams who play defense. I would love it.

i think you and i are the only two who would.

not only would it be great basketball, but the pistons would get a chance to avenge their loss from a few years ago. which is also why i'm hoping for the cavs in 7 so they can avenge last year's eastern conference finals.

Yeah, it would be nice to get revenge on the Cavs, but I think it may be just as good to beat the team who had the best regular season record; The team with all the hype. However, if the Cavs win, the Pistons get homecourt, so that could be better. Either way, I am just hoping they go seven. The more rest Chauncey gets, the better.

And we all know what the Pistons did with home court against the Cavaliers last year. Don't we?

handed them the series? :wacko:

seriously, i'd worry more about this year and the celtics before gloating about last year.

So, I take it nobody watches the Pistons? Okay, maybe a couple, but game 4 wasn't even mentioned on these boards. The last two games have been great, and Tayshaun Prince has come up HUGE at the end of both. The game winning shot in game 4, and a block on Turkoglu with about 15 seconds up by 3 in game 5. Both of these games were won without Chauncey Billups. This will make a 6th straight appearance in the Eastern Conference Finals, and they get to sit back and watch the Celtics and Cavs battle it out. I am hoping for a Spurs-Pistons Finals, because the media would HATE it. There wouldn't be superstars, it would be hard fought team basketball with a couple teams who play defense. I would love it.

i think you and i are the only two who would.

not only would it be great basketball, but the pistons would get a chance to avenge their loss from a few years ago. which is also why i'm hoping for the cavs in 7 so they can avenge last year's eastern conference finals.

Yeah, it would be nice to get revenge on the Cavs, but I think it may be just as good to beat the team who had the best regular season record; The team with all the hype. However, if the Cavs win, the Pistons get homecourt, so that could be better. Either way, I am just hoping they go seven. The more rest Chauncey gets, the better.

And we all know what the Pistons did with home court against the Cavaliers last year. Don't we?

handed them the series? :wacko:

seriously, i'd worry more about this year and the celtics before gloating about last year.

Piston didn't hand the Cavaliers anything. LeBron took it from them. So you better hope the C's knock of the Cavs or LeBron will do it to them again. Until someone beats the Cavs their still the defending eastern conference champions.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

What? PittsburghSucks didn't say the Cavs would automatically advance to the finals if the Cavs beat the Celtics. All he said was they were the defending Eastern Conference champions. Which they are. And they will remain so until the Celtics or Pistons beat them. Geez man, get a grip.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Piston didn't hand the Cavaliers anything. LeBron took it from them. So you better hope the C's knock of the Cavs or LeBron will do it to them again. Until someone beats the Cavs their still the defending eastern conference champions.

lebron took what he was given. can't fault him for it. :P

i'm not going to argue it though, the bottom line is the pistons got beat by a good team. what should have happened doesn't matter.

i'm not going to argue it though, the bottom line is the pistons got beat by a good team. what should have happened doesn't matter.

What a sore loser you are. I can admit when my team gets beat. It's no fluke when a team wins 4 playoff games in a row. What did the Pistons just hand the Heat the east the year before that? Wait I'm sure you think they did.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

What a sore loser you are. I can admit when my team gets beat. It's no fluke when a team wins 4 playoff games in a row. What did the Pistons just hand the Heat the east the year before that? Wait I'm sure you think they did.

He's not being a sore loser. Detroit has an (unfortunate) tendency to occasionally grow disinterested and/or lazy in the playoffs, play down to their competition, and ultimately get bounced before they should. On paper Detroit is better than Cleveland. Can you at least buy that?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

He's not being a sore loser. Detroit has an (unfortunate) tendency to occasionally grow disinterested and/or lazy in the playoffs, play down to their competition, and ultimately get bounced before they should. On paper Detroit is better than Cleveland. Can you at least buy that?

I don't buy that in a best of 7.

Yes when it's a 1 and done, but give credit when you have to win 4 to win the series.

Do you really think the Giants would beat the Pats 4 times in a best of 7?

No!

2007 Cavs were just better then the 2007 Pistons.

And don't say it was all LeBron because Daniel Gibson killed the Pistons in game 6.

Gotta go time for game 5.

Go Cavs!!!

Are you serious man?

Are you serious man?

i'm used to people not listening/reading to everything i say. i don't know if anyone has noticed, but i tend to be a bit longwinded. i'll give kid a chance to correct his mistake, but i won't hold my breath.

Well the C's held serve. Now it's back to Cleveland for game 6, then back to Boston were the C's will win it in 7. The Cavs had their shot to win game 1 in beantown. What does that say about the C's having to go 7 vs ATL and now CLE pushing them to 6 and probably 7? The Pistons must be loving this.

It says Boston is doing just enough to win its series. Nothing more, nothing less.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well the C's held serve. Now it's back to Cleveland for game 6, then back to Boston were the C's will win it in 7. The Cavs had their shot to win game 1 in beantown. What does that say about the C's having to go 7 vs ATL and now CLE pushing them to 6 and probably 7? The Pistons must be loving this.

yes. yes they are. :P

It says Boston is doing just enough to win its series. Nothing more, nothing less.

They've gone into a new mode of sleepwalking. They're depending on HC, and since they have HCA throughout the playoffs, they don't have to win a game on the road, because they could conceivably win the championship just by holding serve at home every single time.

Thing is, they're bound to lose 1 at home, which is why they won't win the 'ship.

They've gone into a new mode of sleepwalking. They're depending on HC, and since they have HCA throughout the playoffs, they don't have to win a game on the road, because they could conceivably win the championship just by holding serve at home every single time.

Thing is, they're bound to lose 1 at home, which is why they won't win the 'ship.

So true!!!

Why are there 3 full off days between games 6 and 7 in the Hornets-Spurs series?

Blame TV for that... If the Hornets would of won, it might of been Game 1 of the Western Finals (Which TNT has the rights for, I believe). So, they have to come up with a plan in case it would go to a Game 7, which it has.

Speaking of games, why in the world can no one win on the road? It's like the higher seeds all of sudden become mortal after whooping the other guys at their place.

Archived