2008 NBA Playoffs

Drew22

I do agree it was before the shot so it should have been two shots only. Do I think the Lakers lose in OT I dont know, Manu Ginobili was ice cold, and in OT it would be anyone's game, but a foul is a foul and Barry was mugged.

This is why I have not watched much NBA this year, it seems that the team David Stern wants to win always wins, and the NBA wants and feels they need a Lakers-Celtics Finals for ratings so we are going to get Lakers vs Celtics.

Seriously it is very hard for me to watch that league right now. Id take a NCAA Game any day.

So you send us links to your "E-cyclopedia" to predict events for leagues which you mow ADMIT YOU DO NOT WATCH! That is journalism in its purest form. Thank you, Tank. Thank you. Since many of your predictions are also very bad, what else don't you watch? One of the last productions from the late Sidney Pollock was HBO's "Recount" which premiered this weekend. Tell me what else was "fixed", sport and non-sport?

Larry Holmes vs. Michael Spinks 1 and 2?

"Spygate" is being covered up by both Goodell and Tagliabue since one Super Bowl was under his reign as Commissioner?

Are the Mets getting struck out looking more than any other NL team due to the home plate umpire?

The jury in the OJ Simpson murder case?

The 1985 NBA Draft Lottery?

Please have a page or 19 decicated to your conspiracies.

As for game 4: Total Fouls: LAL 24 SAT 21

Free Throws: LAL 14-19 SAT 24-26

Turnovers: LAL 14 SAT 8

Nice of you not to mention that the second to last Laker shot hit the rim, then there should have been a new 24 second shot clock.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do agree it was before the shot so it should have been two shots only. Do I think the Lakers lose in OT I dont know, Manu Ginobili was ice cold, and in OT it would be anyone's game, but a foul is a foul and Barry was mugged.

This is why I have not watched much NBA this year, it seems that the team David Stern wants to win always wins, and the NBA wants and feels they need a Lakers-Celtics Finals for ratings so we are going to get Lakers vs Celtics.

Seriously it is very hard for me to watch that league right now. Id take a NCAA Game any day.

So you send us links to your "E-cyclopedia" to predict events for leagues which you mow ADMIT YOU DO NOT WATCH! That is journalism in its purest form. Thank you, Tank. Thank you. Since many of your predictions are also very bad, what else don't you watch? One of the last productions from the late Sidney Pollock was HBO's "Recount" which premiered this weekend. Tell me what else was "fixed", sport and non-sport?

Larry Holmes vs. Michael Spinks 1 and 2?

"Spygate" is being covered up by both Goodell and Tagliabue since one Super Bowl was under his reign as Commissioner?

Are the Mets getting struck out looking more than any other NL team due to the home plate umpire?

The jury in the OJ Simpson murder case?

The 1985 NBA Draft Lottery?

Please have a page or 19 decicated to your conspiracies.

As for game 4: Total Fouls: LAL 24 SAT 21

Free Throws: LAL 14-19 SAT 24-26

Turnovers: LAL 14 SAT 8

Nice of you not to mention that the second to last Laker shot hit the rim, then there should have been a new 24 second shot clock.

1985 Draft Lottery was fixed I think its the worst kept secret in the league

and the Mets strike out looking because well they don't really give a damn

Its amazing that people defend NBA officiating yes the Spurs did benefit last year the Suns were screwed. Its a big problem the NBA has and I want to hear what Dongahe has to say about refs "neutrality"

BTW other ref calls Knicks-Bulls Game 5 1994 the phantom foul call on Herbert Davis because the NBA wanted the Knicks that year, and paid the Bulls back for good calls in the past.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I am prepared to debate this with you for the rest of the playoffs, Tank. A personal question, have you ever taken the NJ state test for basketball officials and gone to a clinic to work as an official? If you have you have been to a clinic, such as I have in Michigan and Texas since 1998, you learn the theory of advantage verses disadvantage. While you don't like it, two officials, the trail and the "C" did not call a foul. Deal with it.

If you and your "E-cyclopedia" wants to have any credibility, then use your time on the web to expose the issue of sport not being fair.

Donaghy made a guilty plea on federal gambling charges, therefore I cannot defend his breaking of federal law or the NBA's anti-gambling policy so I wont' but I entrust that Commissioner Stern and league officials will ensure it will not happen again. If you want to hear what he had to say, court records are public, get them.

You mention "calls", but only give me Hugh Hollin's effort in the 1994 Eastern Conference Finals. Were you also going to mention the five tmes Charles Smith got his shot blocked in the 1993 Conference Finals? Would this not be a payback, but a prepay to the Bulls?

Since you edit (rather poorly) your "E-cyclopedia", give us he truth instead of opinions on sports you don't even pay attention to. Plus, hasn't college athletics, basketball and football, had more scandals regarding points shaving since 1980 than anything that any North American professional sport has had yet you still watch them for "excitement"?

What's with the personal attack, I just stated my opinion that the NBA is fixed and its draining by interest of the league, and you rip my web site and me personally?

You don't think its fixed fine, but the NBA has a history of very questionable calls in the playoffs, more so then any sport combined.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Not to get to off topic....

Tank, I love your site. I really like reading your pics and predictions. During football season I really look foward to your weekly pics. It is a fun and informative site. Keep up the good work! I will say this. I just read your 07 NFL preview and you were waaaaaay off. Especially (or atleast the two i really noticed) the Giants and Jags. I thought it was kind of funny. Anyways, keep up the good work on the site.

What's with the personal attack, I just stated my opinion that the NBA is fixed and its draining by interest of the league, and you rip my web site and me personally?

You don't think its fixed fine, but the NBA has a history of very questionable calls in the playoffs, more so then any sport combined.

figure skating disagrees. :P

figure skating disagrees. :P

Well I dont consider that a real sport its a competition.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

I am attacking you because you have not given any of us proof, outside of the Donaghy conviction. I believe Commissioner Stern in stating that he was a "rouge official". Should there be a maximum age like FIFA has with their top officials, possibly.

However, Tank, making an accusation that a sport is fixed is the most damaging accusation about sport which you can make; by doing so you eliminate it from the dramatic competition and make it dramatic, scripted entertainment. Last season, Stoudamare left the bench last year, thus violated a NBA rule and was suspended accordingly.

You advertise a website through your sig which now places you into a vortex of publicity, albeit a small one. If you are think it is journalism, the please state facts. If it is a site which is to let those who want more knowledge of sport (mainly North American professional variety), it should be factual. You really are not giving us knowledge, such as that until the NHL Western Conference Finals, Marty Turco never won a game at Joe Louis Arena. If you don't want comments about your site, remove the link from your signature.

However, Tank, making an accusation that a sport is fixed is the most damaging accusation about sport which you can make; by doing so you eliminate it from the dramatic competition and make it dramatic, scripted entertainment. Last season, Stoudamare left the bench last year, thus violated a NBA rule and was suspended accordingly.

what if it turns out that all the major league sports is nothing more than scripted entertainment with script writers deciding who wins and who fails. if anything its a cute little alternate history 'what if...'

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I will say this: The NBA must figure that ratings comes from Joey Crawford reffing Spurs games. You'd think the NBA would let Crawford do Eastern Conference games, but he's done 1 game a series with the Spurs in every round this playoffs, and personally, I don't think that's a coincidence.

Frankly, the NBA and David Stern has lost any sort of "benefit of the doubt" from me when it comes to nefarious shenanigans. From his backdoor-loving country bumpkins from Oklahoma caught red-handed on an indicting email trail to the "TIM DONAGHY was the lone gunman" nonsense, the NBA is a corrupt piece-of-**** organization that deserves none of your hard-earned money or attention.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least that everything was fixed. Hell, does anyone really believe that the ping pong balls for NY and Patrick Ewing were just "luck of the draw"?

I think the NBA has a history of manipulating things to go the way they want, but in light of the Tim Donaghy scandal, I don't think they have the balls to do it right now. They're lucky that story didn't have a bigger effect than it did... I don't think they'd be doing any of that stuff right now.

They were letting things go in that game. Kobe Bryant took 29 shot attempts. Kobe Bryant shot ZERO free throws. You mean to tell me in all of the times he tried to get to the hoop for a shot he wasn't fouled once when he had the dirtiest defender in the league defending him?

IUe6Hvh.png

Now let me ask you this, if you think the league wants Lakers-Celtics, why has it allowed the Celtics-Pistons series to be tied 2-2?

Because Doc Rivers is too stupid to read the script. :P^_^

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wow. Horrible officiating again. Last game, Boston got a ton of calls their way. This game, there were a ton more horrible calls both ways. The refs are not letting the teams play, especially these last two games of the Pistons-Celtics series, the first three didn't seem as bad. Detroit's big men had a ton of fouls early in this game. Kendrick Perkins was pushing off a lot, but there were bad calls the other way also. Anyways, good win for Boston. Detroit played great in the fourth, but Boston hit a few big shots at the end that were just enough to get them by. Now we don't know about Rip's health. If he isn't ready to go Friday, Detroit has little chance of forcing a game seven. If he is okay though, I think there is a good chance Detroit will force that seventh game.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Wow. Horrible officiating again. Last game, Boston got a ton of calls their way. This game, there were a ton more horrible calls both ways. The refs are not letting the teams play, especially these last two games of the Pistons-Celtics series, the first three didn't seem as bad. Detroit's big men had a ton of fouls early in this game. Kendrick Perkins was pushing off a lot, but there were bad calls the other way also. Anyways, good win for Boston. Detroit played great in the fourth, but Boston hit a few big shots at the end that were just enough to get them by. Now we don't know about Rip's health. If he isn't ready to go Friday, Detroit has little chance of forcing a game seven. If he is okay though, I think there is a good chance Detroit will force that seventh game.

the flagrant and technical fouls that were called were, for the most part, ridiculous. there was really no consistency to the officiating last night on both ends of the floor, so this wasn't the refs fault (for people that believe we're blaming officiating) detroit was simply outplayed last night. Ray Allen finally contributed, Perkins played great, garnett kept hitting HUGE shots, it was just too much for detroit.

add the red wings loss and it was a pretty bad night for detroit's playoff teams on the road.

the flagrant and technical fouls that were called were, for the most part, ridiculous. there was really no consistency to the officiating last night on both ends of the floor, so this wasn't the refs fault (for people that believe we're blaming officiating) detroit was simply outplayed last night. Ray Allen finally contributed, Perkins played great, garnett kept hitting HUGE shots, it was just too much for detroit.

add the red wings loss and it was a pretty bad night for detroit's playoff teams on the road.

Speaking of the flagrant fouls, gotta love the Van Gundy/Mark Jackson/Mike Breen commentary on PJ Brown's ("Are you kidding me!? Where did he push him? In the armpit?")

Bottom line, Detroit allowed Kendrick Perkins to go wild. He was the difference maker... if they hold Perkins back to his usual stat line, Pistons win this ball game. No excuses for allowing Perkins to have a double-double (or 10 pts/9 reb it might've been) in the first quarter alone. McDyess getting into foul trouble also was a huge blow. But the positives for the Pistons to take away: Still nearly stole the game at the end despite giving up 100+ points, having Allen find his stroke, giving up 30+ to KG and a over 15 pts and 15 reb to Kendrick Perkins. Also, the play of Stuckey really is keeping the Pistons going.

Game 6 should be a sure bet on Detroit. I don't see them losing twice at the Palace in this series, especially considering the game they're coming off of in Game 5. Third consecutive Game 7 for the Celtics should be real fun.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Game 6 should be a sure bet on Detroit. I don't see them losing twice at the Palace in this series, especially considering the game they're coming off of in Game 5. Third consecutive Game 7 for the Celtics should be real fun.

to be honest, PJ Brown's foul was probably the only one that came close to being flagrant and even it was a 50/50 call. I say that because on that play three factors were involved. Brown was beat and coming from behind, Brown jumped into Maxiell, and no attempt on the ball was made as brown's hands were in maxiell's armpits. all that said, there's no excuse for rajon rondo to out rebound EVERY INDIVIDUAL detroit piston. <_<

anyway.

i would agree with you, but with hamilton hurt(ing) and sheed one tech away from suspension, i don't know how if i'm as confident as you or most others. i would be more confident had the celtics not won game 3, but then i usually fear the worst.

And the Lakers are in the Finals. They were clearly the best in the West in this postseason.

Agreed. I guess it brings credence to what was already known: You get people around Kobe, you will win.

Archived