Baylor to get rid of interlocking BU

cajunaggie08

It appears that the president of Baylor University wants to rebrand everything at the school and replace the long time logo of the school which is the interlocking BU with the name of the school. I believe he plans on even changing the sports uniforms and fields so that it would say Baylor where the BU used to be. The president claims the BU is not recognizable and that when people see BU, they think it stands for Boston University. I dont know how well the rest of the world knows Baylor and its logos so he may be right. This decision is very unpopular with the students and alumni so i dont know how he will pull it off.

baylor-1.gif

He wants to replace this with something like the script below.

baylorscript.gif

Boy, talk about litterally s-p-e-l-l-i-n-g it out out. Why do so many believe they have to turn the headgear into a signboard. North Texas is waisting a very good eagle symbol by opting to spell out North Texas on their helmets. Bad idea, Baylor, bad idea.

FsQiF2W.png

Boy, talk about litterally s-p-e-l-l-i-n-g it out out. Why do so many believe they have to turn the headgear into a signboard. North Texas is waisting a very good eagle symbol by opting to spell out North Texas on their helmets. Bad idea, Baylor, bad idea.

I could not agree more. I wish that UNT would wear a green helmet with the swooping eagle logo in white.

I could not agree more. I wish that UNT would wear a green helmet with the swooping eagle logo in white.

Yeah, but at least they never used the old "Scrappy the mean eagle" logo on their helmets. Seeing that everyday was an eyesore.

This kind of thing actually gets under my skin. Someone comes along and decides it's a good idea to rebrand the school unnecessarily to be "hipper" or to "attract more young fans". Trust me, the alumni associations of any of these schools are firmly against it (obviously), and the schools end up scrapping recognizable logos/wordmarks/mascots for something new.

The same thing happened to my alma mater, Texas A&M-Kingsville. A new school president came in a few years back and got the old, recognizable Javelina logo and created a new logo that everyone calls "the werewolf". Mind you, we didn't change mascots, just the logos. The alumni association hates the new logo, and the student body wasn't terribly wild about it either.

TAMUK Javelinas Logos

And STL, the regional thing is dead-on. In Texas, Oklahoma State is OSU. Ohio State is Ohio State.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Getting rid of the interlocking BU would be a definate downgrade IMO.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

well, when I hear BU, I do think Boston University. When I think or see the interlocking BU, I think Baylor. I agree, it's gonna be a downgrade. If their FB team starts winning, that might help.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

BU brings nobody specific to my mind.

I generally find it's conference based though.

For instance, as a Big Ten guy, OSU means Ohio State to me. It probably means Oklahoma State to Big 12 fans and Oregon State to Pac-10 fans.

I think Boston University before Baylor when I hear BU.

BU brings nobody specific to my mind.

I generally find it's conference based though.

For instance, as a Big Ten guy, OSU means Ohio State to me. It probably means Oklahoma State to Big 12 fans and Oregon State to Pac-10 fans.

I think Boston University before Baylor when I hear BU.

You're also from the Northeast right.

For what it's worth, I think of Bradley first, and that is certainly a function of where I am from.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

As a function of location i think of the slimeballs (boston u) when i hear BU

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Baylor has enough problems in mens' sports on which to concentrate. They should leave the BU alone and work on resolving their myriad other issues.

It aggravates me when a school president or AD makes changes like this. A few years down the road, he is long gone and the school's fans are left to live with his abomination until someone else finally gets around to fixing things.

Archived