97th Grey Cup logo unveiled

NEW.ERA

The maple leaf / mountain thing is f'n awesome.

At first I thought it was a sloppy leaf, but after I looked at it for a minute, its awesomeness came to light. Great job whoever did it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Another cool Grey Cup logo, however is designing these knows what they are doing. I love the spokes, definitely suits the Stampeder's.

Looks alot more professional then the 2000 Grey Cup logo

5065.gif

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Great work! They have done a great job with the revamp of logos in the league! The league logo and the Grey Cup logo (every year) has been awesome lately! It is what you come to expect but it is well done and creates a unity in the designs.

But have you noticed, the fonts of these logos (incl. NFL, NCAA) have have been the same year after year since around midway through this decade and look generally the same, except for the colors and the region it's in. :flagcanada:

Here is the logo agian by itself though. I am at school so I can get rid of the black around it but if someone can do that it would be great.

I also really like the logo. The maple leaf/mountain theme is really cool! They really have some cool logos. IMO better than the Super Bowl!!

graycup.png

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

So we all are in agreement that the f'n maple leaf/mountains are SWEET!

No we aren't. I personally think they should go with mountains and maybe put the maple leaf somewhere else... then again, it's the Grey Cup, do we really need a maple leaf in the logo?

So we all are in agreement that the f'n maple leaf/mountains are SWEET!

No we aren't. I personally think they should go with mountains and maybe put the maple leaf somewhere else... then again, it's the Grey Cup, do we really need a maple leaf in the logo?

I'm with you.

I don't mind the maple leaf, don't mind the mountains, but something about the way they combined them seems a little... off. I don't know. Love what they're going for, but there's something about it that reads as awkward.

I look at the logo and instead of seeing the maple leaf mountains I think "Oh, look - how clever. They frosted a maple leaf to make it resemble a mountain range." I understand it, but I don't feel it, if that makes any sense.

Nice logo, but the design is getting a little repetitive dont'cha think? I

t's like the CFL has used the same Grey Cup logo since 2003 with some minor tweaks each year to suit the city where the game is being played. I would like to see something a little different for 2010.

• 1 year later...

It sure beats the hell out of the last few Super Bowl logos. (That's not saying much, I know...)

Well, let's face it... Super Bowl logos are now completely cookie cutter. These at least have some character to them, instead of OMGZ! The I is a pylon!

VmWIn6B.png

Well really, these are cookie cutter too, since s someone else pointed out, they've been the same basic logo since 2003.

The difference is, these are good cookie cutters, while the Super Bowl© people have been pumping out more and more crap since 2001 (ish).

And I, for one, like the snowcaps on the leaf. Cuz, like, Calgary is in the mountains, y'know?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Well really, these are cookie cutter too, since s someone else pointed out, they've been the same basic logo since 2003.

The difference is, these are good cookie cutters, while the Super Bowl© people have been pumping out more and more crap since 2001 (ish).

And I, for one, like the snowcaps on the leaf. Cuz, like, Calgary is in the mountains, y'know?

Well they are about one hour away and when tourists come here they usually head right for Banff.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived