New Orleans Hornets

Conrad.

get rid of the purple altogether? or just certain parts...?

also to everyone...how do y'all feel about the pinstripes? personally, i think it clashes with the intricacy of the ironwork...

Get rid of the purple all together, IMO it doesn?t go well with the teal.

Now the pinstripes, I personally like the look, but that?s just me. I think it adds a little something that makes the jersey pop

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thx for the feedback guys, please keep it comin'

here's the 3rd version:

nohnewhome3zn2.png

complete with a darker color "iron" side panels, pinstripes, and a different position of the FDB onto the ironwork.

any more revisions or ideas?

We Have A Winner, Nice work!, Send these to the Hornets. I wanna see what the road jersey would look like

thx for the feedback guys, please keep it comin'

here's the 3rd version:

nohnewhome3zn2.png

complete with a darker color "iron" side panels, pinstripes, and a different position of the FDB onto the ironwork.

any more revisions or ideas?

We Have A Winner, Nice work!, Send these to the Hornets. I wanna see what the road jersey would look like

Yea, you should really send these to the Hornets! It would be wild if they switched to these. I'm usually not caring or paying attention to the concepts on this site because almost always they are garbage and RIDICULOUS but I'm happy I stumbled along this. :D

GO NETS.

here's a last version (?) of the home:

thanks for all the advice (esp. Sabres7200, u had some good points)

i took away the pinstripes, moved the ironwork more towards showing most on the front of the jersey, changed the ironwork back to gold (since i won't be making a gold jersey), and moved the FDB to the back above the nameplate. also made a lil template change and added the material folds for fun ;)

nohnewhome4wq6.png

what ya think of this one? any more revisions b4 i make an away and alt jersey?

ps: McCall, i vectored the wordmark and numbers from scratch looking at some of the words on hornets.com promotional stuff with that typeface.

mmmmm...pretty. I like the gold ironwork more than the purple the more that I think about it. I think the dominance of the creole blue and gold in the latest version with the purple only showing up on the names on the back and as a trim color is great. The purple is needed in the scheme to contrast the gold and blue, but doesn't need to be as prominent. You executed that idea well. I know I said the trim on the bottom of the shorts should be purple, but with purple now taking a backseat, I wonder if the blue would look better down there. I can't decide.

Overall, though, I love this latest design. It's completely different than anything else in the league but doesn't look too "out there" or overly garish. Well done.

awwww. you really should make a gold jersey. people underestimate how good basketball teams look in yellow

yellow.jpg

Yea that alternate is alright, but I'd almost rather see a navy-ish/purple-ish alternate.

btw, I love those shoes in that pic.

Love the latest update.

Can't wait to see a road jersey/alt.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I like where this is going, but i have an idea id like to see...

The striping around the neckline, i think itd look alot better if it also went on the shorts and the sleeves. Itd really balance it out i think.

Another idea, although im not sure if it would look better or not, would be to try to make the side panel design sublimated. IDK, just an idea :)

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

i took away the pinstripes, moved the ironwork more towards showing most on the front of the jersey, changed the ironwork back to gold (since i won't be making a gold jersey), and moved the FDB to the back above the nameplate. also made a lil template change and added the material folds for fun ;)

nohnewhome4wq6.png

ps: McCall, i vectored the wordmark and numbers from scratch looking at some of the words on hornets.com promotional stuff with that typeface.

This is BY FAR the best NBA concept I've ever seen on these boards. Kudos to you, sir. My only suggestion is to mimic the neckline piping on the bottom of the shorts. Other than that, they're FANTASTIC. My eyes thank you.

Sigs are for sissies.

I'd concur that these are ALMOST perfect. I agree with whoever said you should mimic the collar piping on the short bottoms. My only other suggestion would be to switch the "NOLA" logo to the back, because it's barely noticeable on the shorts--and put the FDB on the collar, because the current collar logo is rather nondescript and unremarkable.

nohnewhome4wq6.png

This is BY FAR the best NBA concept I've ever seen on these boards. Kudos to you, sir. My only suggestion is to mimic the neckline piping on the bottom of the shorts. Other than that, they're FANTASTIC. My eyes thank you.

Look one page back. That's what he did originally. Looked a little too cluttered.

Still don't like the gold wrought iron...'cause there's no such thing unless it's painted! This is like using an orange palm tree or a blue cardinal - just doesn't work. The gold ironwork also looks a little bit girly somehow. I realize purple isn't black (true wrought iron color) but the ironwork looks a lot better in a darker color IMO.

Otherwise, terrific!

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

nohnewhome4wq6.png

Look one page back. That's what he did originally. Looked a little too cluttered.

Oh, FINE! I did. And he did. Nevermind. They're perfect.

Sigs are for sissies.

okay, so this is the final template, accompanied by the away and alt jersey:

nohnewhome5rx6.png

nohnewawaysv4.png

nohnewserdey3.png

i added the bottom shorts striping back to tie more in with the top and the collar.

what i need to know is how the color choices are working for the away and alt jerseys, i feel like something could be wrong, but maybe not. i also have a different wordmark for the alt that doesnt have the bottom "swirls". Should i use that instead of cluttering the front of the jersey with more ironwork?

Firtst one (white): Beautiful. I can't think of anything that you'd have to change to make it better.

Second one (light blue): Another beautiful one. Try making the light blue stripes on the neckline and the bottom of shorts white.

Third one (dark blue): Again, try making the dark blue stripes on the neckline and bottom of the shorts white. I think that way it gives the "three colors at the bottom" feeling like in the first one. Also, I'd take the "swirls" away (from the NOLA, I mean).

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

Not a fan of the rought iron striping. It makes me think of the bad uniforms of the 90's ... too busy. I do like the purple color as a alternate. Also, the crawfish logo is way too small to read on the neck. go to a different stripping and Im in.

NOLAbanner.jpg

Your last set is just stellar! A brilliant concept.

I would agree that the light blue collar and shorts strip should be changed to white on the away and alternate uniforms, but otherwise these are perfect.

Archived