NBA EUROPE!

AAO

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These just look to dated and "extreme" for my taste. In my opinion, they just scream soon-to-be-bankrupt minor league basketball.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I love the sharks home jersey, looks amazing. That Munich secondary/tertiary I'd buy in a heartbeat if it was on a t-shirt. The only criticism I have is of the matadors secondary resembling the Cavaliers secondary a bit.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

i remember checking these out, i don't know if it was when you came out with them or not, but i loved them. my favorite is still the Warhawks, like sharplcd said. and like chicagoshawn85, i would love to buy anything with any of the Munich logomarks on it. the only thing i don't like is the sharks' numbers. i never like it when people try to over complicate the number with swoop marks like that, its just personal preference. the furthest i go with numbers is the new Hawks numbers. I cant wait to see the rest of these come out, i truly look forward to it, nice job Ian.

p.s.- i love that primitive fleur-de-bee! (minus the bee)

i def remember these when they first came out, simply fantastic.

i was looking on your website, great job on the houston rockets sets. i would for them to be in your idea than the garbage they have now.

First off, artistically, they have a lot of merit. There is no doubt there.

There are some elements I am not keen on. The matador's positioning is too static and awkward for me, and the shark does not look quite right either. But overall the art is definitely solid.

What I disagree with are the names. They do not take into account at all the idea that these nations don't speak English. Even if they did decide to go with English names, you would expect some attempt to either go with cognates (words similar or exact in both languages) or words which connect with local culture. The NFLE did this to some degree, not perfectly, but they knew that there was a clear connection between Barcelona and dragons, Cologne and roman occupation, Amsterdam and sea trade, etc.

Paris Reign makes almost no sense. This is the one country in Europe that threw off their monarchy and revels in the "inventor" of the modern republic. For them to choose a word that screams "Royals" makes little sense. And a german team with a war motif is a bad idea. I realize jets don't equal WWII, but germany is irreversably linked to that war and anything militaristic is a dangerous move.

I don't want to harsh, but maybe some consideration for local culture is in order. I had a fantasy europe league with some friends based on NFL Europe and we came up with a few that we thought were pretty decent:

London Ravens (Ravens in Tower of London are famous)

London Spitfires

Birmingham Hoods (Sherwood is not far off)

Madrid Toros

Barcelona Angels (word works in both languages, English & Catalan)

Rome Gladiators

Milan Inferno (word works)

Paris Force (both languages)

Berlin Barons (ww1 reference)

Dublin Wolves

Marseilles Sabres

Stockholm Stags

I remember this series! Good times, man. Controversy over names/locations, I thought all these concepts were solid. If I had the expertise, I would turn each of these teams into Lego Basketball team. =P

Definitely looking forward to upcoming concepts!

galaxy.png

by the way i like paris the most! and what program are you using to make these?

There is really no need to ask that so much. Anything that you see that is really good on the boards, such as this (which is amazing), is almost always done in Illustrator.

Great job on these...logos and uni look sharp. Top notch work here.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

First off, artistically, they have a lot of merit. There is no doubt there.

There are some elements I am not keen on. The matador's positioning is too static and awkward for me, and the shark does not look quite right either. But overall the art is definitely solid.

What I disagree with are the names. They do not take into account at all the idea that these nations don't speak English. Even if they did decide to go with English names, you would expect some attempt to either go with cognates (words similar or exact in both languages) or words which connect with local culture. The NFLE did this to some degree, not perfectly, but they knew that there was a clear connection between Barcelona and dragons, Cologne and roman occupation, Amsterdam and sea trade, etc.

Paris Reign makes almost no sense. This is the one country in Europe that threw off their monarchy and revels in the "inventor" of the modern republic. For them to choose a word that screams "Royals" makes little sense. And a german team with a war motif is a bad idea. I realize jets don't equal WWII, but germany is irreversably linked to that war and anything militaristic is a dangerous move.

I don't want to harsh, but maybe some consideration for local culture is in order. I had a fantasy europe league with some friends based on NFL Europe and we came up with a few that we thought were pretty decent:

London Ravens (Ravens in Tower of London are famous)

London Spitfires

Birmingham Hoods (Sherwood is not far off)

Madrid Toros

Barcelona Angels (word works in both languages, English & Catalan)

Rome Gladiators

Milan Inferno (word works)

Paris Force (both languages)

Berlin Barons (ww1 reference)

Dublin Wolves

Marseilles Sabres

Stockholm Stags

If you want these cities to look authentic in owning a NBA Europe fanchise AND maintaining local culture, the city names have to be correct:

Rome = Roma

Milan = Milano

Munich = München

Sicily = Sicilia

etc, you get the point....one reason why NFL Europe didn't succeed, people from Köln aren't to fond of COLOGNE....

otherwise, nice work

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

AAO your stuff is amazingly great. I can only hope to be half as good as you :P

This logos are absolutly amazing and flawless.

Can wait to see more of your stuff.

Once again great work.

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

Archived