Cities of Champions

Pharos04

I came up with this back in December just playing around after seeing a few signatures that incorporated team logos and the dates of their respective league championships. So I decided to mess around with my hometown teams and came up with a pretty simple but effective piece that would look good as a desktop, or a printout for a room or cubicle or what have you. In any case here's my Boston version. I am currently working on a New York one and will progress across the country to Chicago, LA and even wherever else I could think of that has multiple sports franchises and championships. C & C greatly appreciated

CityofChampions.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st -- Of course, I love the premise. :D

Okay, you HAVE to save as png. Just for future reference; as right now the jpg compression is making it lose a lot of quality.

Also, the trophy statues look choppy. And the trophies. How are you scaling them down?

I think the font could be changed but isn't bad now. However, I think you should present the years in a different manner. It looks... awkward now.

Finally, one more thing that I think could look really cool. How about using the team's logo at the time that they won that particular championship? Like you wouldn't have the recent Bruins logo at all, like you would use the 1972 logo for the 1972 banner.

Very nice start though.

god i hate boston

but very nice work. i agree with the comment above, use the logo at the time of the championship

and maybe throw an * or two next to the patriots superbowls..... ^_^

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Thanks for the input guys. I will definitely tweak them and see how these look with the "logo at the time" thing. I'll work on a Detroit one next. I'm currently finishing up the NY one and it's WAY more imposing than the Boston one. I just need some sort of picture of the Ed Thorp Trophy. But I will start a Detroit one for you ASAP. And any other requests for cities as well.

I would love a NY one :P

I know you will enjoy that.

Islanders, Rangers, Giants, Jets, Yankees, Mets, Knicks.

Maybe even an 18-1 banner for yourself? Lol, only kidding.

A Tampa one would be cool, but it would just be 2 blocks with each championship for the Bucs and Lightning.

anti.png

I came up with this back in December just playing around after seeing a few signatures that incorporated team logos and the dates of their respective league championships. So I decided to mess around with my hometown teams and came up with a pretty simple but effective piece that would look good as a desktop, or a printout for a room or cubicle or what have you. In any case here's my Boston version. I am currently working on a New York one and will progress across the country to Chicago, LA and even wherever else I could think of that has multiple sports franchises and championships. C & C greatly appreciated

CityofChampions.jpg

:puke:

(note: puke smiley aimed at city used in concept not at actually at the current concept)

You know this makes a better wallpaper than it does signature. which i am guess it is for that, since it is slightly less than wallpaper size.

oh and i want a city of new york one. With both the Yankees and Mets, Rangers and Islanders, Knicks(if they have one), and Jets and Giants one. yes i want a super imposing new york city of champions one.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Alright. Here are NYC and DTown. and per request I will now work on a Montreal one for Akuma. and for clarification, the reason there are blanks as far as trophys for the early Giants, Lions and Pistons is because I cannot find a nice clean easy photo of the earlier trophies that were handed out. Any suggestions as far as those would be fantastic

CityofChampions-NY.png

CityofChampions-DET.png

(and yes the NY one is VERY imposing I must admit)

And now including Montreal with its very many Stanley Cups. yikes

CityofChampions-MTL.png

Too bad Utah hasnt won anything or id ask 4 one haha!

I think this is a cool project man keep it up!

P.S: When the Jazz take home the trophy this year and the Bees win it all in the PCL then I'll ask for one haha :P

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I was thinking of requesting one, but it wouldn't work for me. My fanship is far too inconsistent.

Suns - 0 titles

Flyers - 2 titles in 70s

Rock - 5 NLL titles in 7 years

Jays - a distant memory of greatness

Argos - 15 Grey Cups and counting

Seahawks - 1 SB title robbed from them by the refs

Sudbury Wolves - 2 Mem Cups in the 1930s

If you have two spare minutes, Buffalo please.

Bandits: 92, 93, 96, 08(perhaps?)

Bills: 64, 65

Bisons (baseball): 33, 36, 57, 61, 97, 98, 04

Bisons (hockey): 43, 44, 46, 63, 70

Stampede: 94

I was going to ask for Buffalo, but do so as a joke. A bunch of minor league sports and AFL banners? Yikes...

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

if u are using paint and dont have any other resources, you can resize the logos and get them more clear by using MS Word...that will resize a pic and not make it look choppy...then just copy it but clicking print screen and just crop it in Paint

untitled-1.png

If you have two spare minutes, Buffalo please.

Bandits: 92, 93, 96, 08(perhaps?)

Bills: 64, 65

Bisons (baseball): 33, 36, 57, 61, 97, 98, 04

Bisons (hockey): 43, 44, 46, 63, 70

Stampede: 94

I was going to ask for Buffalo, but do so as a joke. A bunch of minor league sports and AFL banners? Yikes...

What? Consecutive Super Bowl losses are worthless?

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Alright. Here are NYC and DTown. and per request I will now work on a Montreal one for Akuma. and for clarification, the reason there are blanks as far as trophys for the early Giants, Lions and Pistons is because I cannot find a nice clean easy photo of the earlier trophies that were handed out. Any suggestions as far as those would be fantastic

CityofChampions-NY.png

CityofChampions-DET.png

(and yes the NY one is VERY imposing I must admit)

And now including Montreal with its very many Stanley Cups. yikes

CityofChampions-MTL.png

Do you think you can add the Nets (74 and 76 ABA - double check those years) and Devils (95 2000, 2003) to this? And possible make it a tad wider so the Yankees fit all on 1 line. And also, could you make it with the Rangers badge logo and the Knicks triangle logo. Sorry if I'm being a pain but I really do love these. Thanks so much in advance.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived