Presidential Campaign Logos

Webhamster

I remember seeing the Perot one on a sign from 92 at my uncle's when I was real little. In fact, I think he's still got it.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goldwater had some great stuff, but LBJ had one that was great that year as well. I picked one up at a yard sale, and it was a take off of Goldwater's slogan, "In your heart, you know he's right." It reads:

In your heart, you think he's right,

But in your gut, you know he's nuts!

nav-logo.png

Barry Goldwater had a lot of good campaign stuff:

141759354_o.jpg

Now, THAT is great campaign button :)

But you know what's sad? Show that to the average high schooler today, tell them the guy's name was Goldwater, and I'll bet you they STILL won't get it.

060408_decisioncenter1.jpg

Isn't this a little bit too reminiscent of Obama's imagery?

That screams Obama. Like wayyy too much.

That's probably the point. The McCain campaign is emphasizing that their candidate embodies (concrete) leadership rather than (abstract) hope or (ambiguous) change. Mimicking the style is being used to emphasize the differences.

Anyone check out the stuff on the main page of that site? Good stuff!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Barry Goldwater had a lot of good campaign stuff:

141759354_o.jpg

Now, THAT is great campaign button :)

But you know what's sad? Show that to the average high schooler today, tell them the guy's name was Goldwater, and I'll bet you they STILL won't get it.

lol i get it im in eighth grade, thats pretty funny actually

A few years ago, I was looking through an old book and found one of these bumper stickers inside. It's in mint condition too. Obviously the wordmark at lower left is from the site where the pic is posted.

nixonagnew1972.gif

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

060408_decisioncenter1.jpg

Isn't this a little bit too reminiscent of Obama's imagery?

That screams Obama. Like wayyy too much.

That's probably the point. The McCain campaign is emphasizing that their candidate embodies (concrete) leadership rather than (abstract) hope or (ambiguous) change. Mimicking the style is being used to emphasize the differences.

But doing so runs a much larger risk: it sends a message that Obama is dictating the flow of the election. Rewind back to Iowa and New Hampshire 2008. All of a sudden, Hillary Clinton's campaign started to hand out banners "Ready for Change" after months of pitching the message of "Experience". The time that a campaign has to start retooling their theme, especially to copy off of another candidate, they are most often in distress and think the answer is in being unoriginal.

However, after several years, playing off of an older candidate can be worked to an advantage, especially if that older candidate is dead. Take Obama's "O" logo. Am I the only one to notice the Reagan "It's morning again in America" reference?

galaxy.png

Archived