Presidential Campaign Logos

Webhamster

This site (really bad grammar aside) has a nice collection of presidential election logos from 1960 through 2008. It's rather interesting to scroll through the images to see the evolution in design as well as the common elements that always seem to be there.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"In some of the cases bellow ?brown? appears, referring to the colored americans, I believe."

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

"In some of the cases bellow ?brown? appears, referring to the colored americans, I believe."

Yeah, that comment kind of knocked me for a loop.

Obviously, the guy who did this isn't North American which would account for the really bad ...and strange... writing.

One of the interesting ones I pulled out is that Alexander Haig in 1988 and John Lindsay in 1972 basically took their design cues from RFK in 1968.

Plus, you gotta like the 'Top Gun' inspired theme of Paul Simon '88...even though, as I recall, he looked and spoke like a mousy accountant.

http://24-7designheaven.com/button/index.php

I just received a great promo book in the mail from Sappi Paper. It's called McCoy 2008: A Celebration of the Presidential Button from 1840 to 2008. The site above is a cross-promotion with the book and accepts user submitted designs. Mine is on there somewhere.

I just received a great promo book in the mail from Sappi Paper. It's called McCoy 2008: A Celebration of the Presidential Button from 1840 to 2008. The site above is a cross-promotion with the book and accepts user submitted designs. Mine is on there somewhere.

I paged through the Sappi book last weekend(my dad got it...he works for a printing company). I was confused with it at first...I thought it was paper samples, and they're all the same paper. Apparently, it was just a littlebook and had nothing to do with samples. Regardless, there's some great stuff in there.

And how the heck did you get only 1 star for your button?

I paged through the Sappi book last weekend(my dad got it...he works for a printing company). I was confused with it at first...I thought it was paper samples, and they're all the same paper. Apparently, it was just a littlebook and had nothing to do with samples. Regardless, there's some great stuff in there.

The design community as a whole is a fairly pompous group. You'll learn that as you get further into the business. Lots of people tend to think that if they didn't design it, it's :censored:.

Either that, or I'm a bad designer.

The design community as a whole is a fairly pompous group. You'll learn that as you get further into the business. Lots of people tend to think that if they didn't design it, it's :censored:.

Just looking at all the posts real quick, some of the cleverest received no love, while some of the worst examples were given five stars. Weird.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Just looking at all the posts real quick, some of the cleverest received no love, while some of the worst examples were given five stars. Weird.

My thoughts exactly. Not saying mine is all that clever, nor do I think it deserves any great recognition. Hell, I just designed it in a few minutes to receive the iTunes gift card. But, seriously, there is some crap on there.

It was nice to see that Steve Forbes used the font from his family's magazine, only to change to letter "o". Plus, I did not know that Redd Foxx was so popular in 1976, that Fred Sanford was a write-in. I stand corrected, it was Terry Sanford.

Archived