Logo And Uniform Prototypes

AsM29

I also enjoyed those uniforms, but it seems like any team with any kind of history is going back to retro uniforms. I wish they would be allowed to wear the throwbacks once or twice a year and then have a completely different alternate.

Four uniforms? In a 16 game season? No, thanks.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also enjoyed those uniforms, but it seems like any team with any kind of history is going back to retro uniforms. I wish they would be allowed to wear the throwbacks once or twice a year and then have a completely different alternate.

Four uniforms? In a 16 game season? No, thanks.

I think he's talking about hockey.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

:blush:

You're right. I was talking with somebody else about the Titans' Oilers throwback uniforms, and since we were talking about the other Oilers here, I conflated the two. Sorry about that.

Still, not a huge fan of multiple alternates. Even if we are talking about 82 games.

When the Flyers transitioned from Cooperalls back to socks they sported these during the 1983-84 preseason before settling on a more traditional (at the time) look. I really like this look and was sorry they didn't go with it. Also, I remember the Flyers testing out pants in practice which had a white outlined orange stripe that broadened as it reached the hem. If anyone has pics of those I would really like to see 'em.

For a look at the home version check out the video...

Click Here For Video:

Bobby Clarke in Road version...

Clarke.jpg

I like the unis they're wearing at the very beginning when they come out of the dressing room. There's no black trim on the sleeves, they have the socks you're talking about...but better yet they have black helmets not white and it looks really good.

You're right. I was talking with somebody else about the Titans' Oilers throwback uniforms, and since we were talking about the other Oilers here, I conflated the two. Sorry about that.

Still, not a huge fan of multiple alternates. Even if we are talking about 82 games.

I nominate this post for best use of the term, "conflated". Well done, sir.

...as you were.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

I nominate this post for best use of the term, "conflated". Well done, sir.

...as you were.

I looked it up, ready to call him on it.

And the day is yours, Gothamite.

1996 Nordiques, only if...

96Nords.png

This picture kills me, because it's like they know these jerseys are never going to see the light of day. Also how long do you think these would have lasted before they changed to something less 90's if the Nordiques had stuck around?

Here's what would have happened....

Despite the look becoming more and more dated as time went on, the Nords refuse to change from their 90's look back to something more traditional. The reason, though not officially stated, is due to the un-pc nature of the traditional Nords jersey. The light blue look with the fleur-de-lys is considered to "separatist" by team management, and stick with the dated, but politically neutral 90's colour scheme and logo set.

Yes, the above does seem ridiculous and overly corporate, but that's why I think it's the most likely scenario.

On a side note every three weeks a n00b on this site would post a "The Nordiques unis suck, they need to go back to their old look" thread, and everyone would start bitching at each other.

Popular arguments would be "that stupid old igloo logo doesn't look like anything" and "what does a wolf have to do with the name 'Nordiques'?"

As for those Charlotte Bobcats proposals, these two are, IMO, by far the best choices shown....

Picture1-12.png

Really? Asymmetrical design with TRIPLE bordered block numbers?

Cool helmet, but count me out.

Quiet graphite boy :P

j/k, I just think it looks cool. What the Jags ended up going with works equally well, but I think an opportunity to try something different yet cool was lost when the team dropped that look.

Is everyone talking about the Oilers current alternate? Because I thought that is what everyone wanted to see them wear.

The new Oilers' alternate/throwbacks do nothing for me. Yeah, they're from Edmonton's glory days, blah blah blah...

Sorry, but I enjoyed those steel gear drop alternates a million times better.

nhl_oilers_3rd_pronger.jpg

My 2nd favourite alternate jersey of all time, behind the Leafs current alternate.

beLEAF

Archived