LA Angels

JayJaxon

I went with what I had at the time which was script taken from the Dodgers. Personally I don't think it looks bad at all. It is vintage baseball lettering, with the colors of the LA A of A. What do you guys think?

Halos.jpg

4 concept + 1 day = bad. And this last one isn't particularly well thought-out.

So I shouldn't post concepts on the CONCEPT board? Isn't that what it's for? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but it would be nice to get opinions from people who actually care about this type of stuff. That's why I'm posting them.

No. You should post concepts on this board, but not four in one day. Especially uninspiring ones. From what I can tell all you did here was replace "Angels" with the Dodgers' "Los Angeles" and recolored it to make it match the rest of the uniform. What are we supposed to say to that?

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

So I shouldn't post concepts on the CONCEPT board? Isn't that what it's for? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but it would be nice to get opinions from people who actually care about this type of stuff. That's why I'm posting them.

Actually, I do care. And it's fine to post concepts. But when you post 4 concepts in a short period of time it is obvious that you are not putting any thought into it, it's just posting for the sake of posting. And the quality of the idea tends to decrease as concepts are posted closer together. I know you are new but you have to realize this!

dont like it at all..go back to the grey road jersey with the "anaheim" script and u have a winner :)

I loved the road Anaheim jerseys. But since the 'name' change, it's like they are trying to be rebellious with the whole 'Angels' on the road & home. Thanks for the feedback

Seriously...just slow down. Put some effort into your work. If you are spending 15 minutes or so on these things...you aren't giving them enough attention OR they aren't worth posting in the first place because the changes are so minor. For example, instead of taking the time to do this concept...you could have just said "wouldn't it be cool if the Angels stole the Dodgers' wordmark and changed it to red for their uniforms- imagine that!" Done.

Actually, I do care. And it's fine to post concepts. But when you post 4 concepts in a short period of time it is obvious that you are not putting any thought into it, it's just posting for the sake of posting. And the quality of the idea tends to decrease as concepts are posted closer together. I know you are new but you have to realize this!

Look, I didn't word it correctly. I wasn't trying to imply that you didn't care. If you didn't you wouldn't be here. What I meant by that comment was that friends and family do not really care about jersey concepts, so I wanted to present them to a group of people that enjoy this type of creativity like I do. Don't get me wrong, I didn't just whip up these things in 4 hours and post them. I have about 30 that I have done over the last few months, just didn't have a place to show them off until now. If I knew it was so irritating to post a few times a day, I wouldn't have done it. I am just excited to get my work looked at by people who do this stuff all the time. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

well thats cool then, if you posted like 10 at a time, then it wouldnt be bad at all, but i think that when you just post one jersey at a time, and you dont even post an away, or an alt, or pants, or a helmet or anything else, it looks un-inspired.

post them all throughout the same thread, and we would love to give some CNC on them.

Picture21.png

For starters, it doesn't match the Halos identity at all. It works perfect for the Dodgers(who have my favorite road jersey in the MLB), but a script doesn't fit the Angels in any way. I'd love for their jerseys to say Los Angeles, but it'd have to match their current look.

Look, I didn't word it correctly. I wasn't trying to imply that you didn't care. If you didn't you wouldn't be here. What I meant by that comment was that friends and family do not really care about jersey concepts, so I wanted to present them to a group of people that enjoy this type of creativity like I do. Don't get me wrong, I didn't just whip up these things in 4 hours and post them. I have about 30 that I have done over the last few months, just didn't have a place to show them off until now. If I knew it was so irritating to post a few times a day, I wouldn't have done it. I am just excited to get my work looked at by people who do this stuff all the time. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I soo what you're saying. Here is all I have to say to respond:

-I hope this particular one didn't take you 4 hours

-By all means, post what you have. Don't get the feeling that you shouldn't post your concepts. However, instead of posting 3 or 4 at a time, take the time do develop one or maybe even two as far as you can based on the C+C that you get to make it as good as possible. It will make your future work much better, and you will be much more respected(not that you aren't now). Just try doing that and I think your stay here will be long and happy :)

Edit: And another thing, try to do less concepts but make them each a lot bigger in scale. All you're doing now is replacing wordmarks and removing pinstripes. That isn't looked upon greatly here as a real "concept," and especially when there are 4 at a time. Just be far more elaborate to make each one that much better, and major. Like Mac says, quality over quantity.

If you have a bunch that you want to post, do it all in one thread. Otherwise, stick to one of your best concepts per day (even less is probably a good idea). It's definitely exciting to come upon a community of people who are interested in sports logos and uniforms (I was the only one I knew who liked this stuff before I found this forum), but there's a lot of content for all of us to look at on these boards and you'll get the best response if you only post your very best work. Quality over quantity, bro.

Post every concept that you have! Period. I am tired of people coming on these boards and making up there own rules. The concepts boards are for concepts. There's no punch card saying you can only have 3 a day or 6 a day. I have seen people post one concept that took them hours and I couldn't see anything original at all. I try not to post anything negative on message boards because there is plenty of others who will do it for us. I'm not only writing this for jayjack3, but for all the other readers who come here and never post any of their concepts because they are afraid the hounds will come out and bite their hand off. Back off Kujo and let the kids share.

PS: Screw the Dodgers, I like the script!

2000Patch.jpg

Archived